Animal Crossing

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Necros
Pup
Pup

Re: Animal Crossing

Post by Necros » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:25 pm

I did play City Folk for a while but I never really enjoyed it until I started playing it with friends. When they killed the Wi-Fi service oh man, that was really disappointing. But I'm glad we have New Leaf! :mrgreen: Hope y'all had fun with Toy Day. I only just scraped by it last year 'cause I had to guess the last gift Elmer wanted. Heh. Missed the New Year countdown last year but I'mma try and catch it this year!
╔════════════════════╗
live life your own way
╚════════════════════╝
aka Dark64shadow

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:50 am

I'm probably a bit late with this, but has anyone else seen the announcements for the new Animal Crossing games coming up? They're both spinoff games it seems, a game called Happy Home Designer for the 3DS and Amiibo Festival for WiiU (which looks like an AC themed Mario Party.)

Both games look adorable as ever and I'm seriously considering picking up HHD when it comes out. I don't have a WiiU but am hoping friends of mine will get Amiibo Festival so I can cheap out so we can play together.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm one of those nerds and I was actually really disappointed that they're spinoff titles. Personally, I don't plan on buying either. Not to say that they're bad games, they're just not really in my taste. I'm still waiting for another official title. Can't really afford amiibo-based things, either. Alas.

I just picked up New Leaf again today. But didn't do much. I'm just--really good at planting flowers. That's really it.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:49 am

I have to say, I'm positively impressed with Pocket Camp - I expected a lot less from a free-to-play mobile game. At the very least, I expected it to be practically impossible to progress without microtransactions (similar to Pokémon Picross on the 3DS, if anyone remembers...).

If anyone wants to add me there so we can hang out in each other's camps, my code is 9648 5525 502 (Paperpaws). I hope this means they're planning a Switch title!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 pm

I have yet to pick up and try Pocket Camp... is it good? ._.
Anduril wrote:I hope this means they're planning a Switch title!
Gahhh yes pls Nintendo make this happen - been playing New Leaf since release and I've enjoyed the changes they added in Welcome Amiibo. If they do introduce a Switch title I'd hope we can transfer some of our progress from NL/WA, just like we could from Wild World to City Folk/Let's Go To The City...
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Neamara wrote:I have yet to pick up and try Pocket Camp... is it good? ._.
I think it'll depend on your expectations - I had little to none and assumed I'd delete it again within a short span of time, but it's pretty fleshed out and I was pleasantly surprised. I did see other people voice some disappointment with it, but I think they expected the game to be closer to a full title and were more hyped for it.

It does feel a bit awkward in its gameplay to me, though, especially early on in the game. You have to craft the majority of your furniture, which in true mobile-game-with-microtransactions style can take a while. You also have to gather the materials for it through completing villager requests which can be a bit of a pain.

All that said though, for a free game, it's surprisingly enjoyable and I'm having fun collecting furniture and decorating my campsite and camper. I was unsure about the fact you need a persistent internet connection before, but it's cool to be able to pop in to a friend's campsite at any time and see their progress.

... You can also encounter strangers and visit their campsites. I've seen some funny screenshots floating around the internet of people who got morbidly creative, so who knows what you may run into.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm enjoying Pocket Camp. I didn't have many expectations for it, though, but its fun. I like the style of it, how its different than the traditional animal crossing games, too. I also like it because its free. I like free things.

I haven't ran into many bugs either. It seems to work pretty nicely.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:27 pm

• I searched for this topic but could not find it, I'm so happy omg.

apart from doing a no lifer on ACNL, I've been playing pocket camp too, I'm actually enjoying it and it's a pretty cute game, probably the only phone game I've ever liked lol
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:53 am

The most recent games for Animal Crossing I've played have been; New Leaf (love this game lol) and Happy Home Designer (didn't think much of this). I want to play Pocket Camp because it looks kinda cool, but I need a new phone before that can happen. How is the game play though? I've heard some good things and some bad things about it. .o.

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 am

Airamyst wrote:The most recent games for Animal Crossing I've played have been; New Leaf (love this game lol) and Happy Home Designer (didn't think much of this). I want to play Pocket Camp because it looks kinda cool, but I need a new phone before that can happen. How is the game play though? I've heard some good things and some bad things about it. .o.
It's pretty fun and offered more than I expected from a free mobile game. However, it's one of those things that you play intensively for a few days or maybe weeks and then completely forget about again, in my experience. As with most mobile games, there are a lot of timers going on. It's certainly worth giving a shot, though!

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:08 am

Anduril wrote:
Airamyst wrote:The most recent games for Animal Crossing I've played have been; New Leaf (love this game lol) and Happy Home Designer (didn't think much of this). I want to play Pocket Camp because it looks kinda cool, but I need a new phone before that can happen. How is the game play though? I've heard some good things and some bad things about it. .o.
It's pretty fun and offered more than I expected from a free mobile game. However, it's one of those things that you play intensively for a few days or maybe weeks and then completely forget about again, in my experience. As with most mobile games, there are a lot of timers going on. It's certainly worth giving a shot, though!
Sounds like a Animal Crossing game then lol. I usually play it non stop for a while, then forget about it, then play it non stop for another good while. I'll defiantly look into it though, I haven't up until now because I was told you have to buy a lot of stuff to have anything good in it.

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:47 pm

I haven't played Animal Crossing for years! Rosy's probably wondering where I am XD
It was a cute game, but running around collecting peaches was getting boring.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:42 am

I bade farewell to my mayoral responsibilities of New Leaf a few days ago and am now enjoying the getaway package of New Horizons!

I wasn't keen on the addition of crafting in a main title at first, but playing the game has certainly helped ease those feelings. The museum is absolutely gorgeous in this game compared to previous titles! Back to the torture of Nook Debt™ and a fully stocked museum...

Spoiler
Show
possible spoilers ahead so please be warned if you intend to play this game yourself!
Spoiler
Show
Holy crap the minor details!! If the wallpaper supports it, you can close the curtains/blinds in each individual room; animal villagers also utilise curtains/blinds! (if they aren't home or are asleep, their curtains are closed!) fish tanks have toggle-able lighting (bug displays don't support this sadly), dynamic wind direction and so much more. i can barely believe they've put in this much attention.
Spoiler
Show
I've heard that the house (or some rooms?) is smaller than it was in New Leaf at larger sizes. Curious to see whether that is the case... (I'm only three expansions in through daily play; i don't time travel.)
Spoiler
Show
I'm even more curious about the state of house customisation... i liked what they did with New Leaf, but so far I've only seen roof colour options during an expansion that modifies the house's exterior size. trailers and pre-release screenshots give me hope.
Spoiler
Show
breakable tools are a drag. i hope the golden tools are back in unbreakable form for this game, even if they are a chore to earn or craft or whatever. ._.'
plenty of flimsy tools atm because i'm desperately hoarding precious resources for upgrades/building projects/story progression. x_x
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:25 am

I love Animal Crossing! :owl:... And now I feel guilty for abandoning my town a second time XD

I've played Wild World and New Leaf. I got farther in New Leaf than I did in Wild World though. I think I'm on the 3rd or 4th loan in NL, my house is the pink Mermaid style, but I may change it to a Sweets style, I think my town had peaches.

I haven't played it, but New Horizons looks great!
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:32 pm

I also like Animal Crossing. My favourite is New Leaf, because there are so many ways to build up your town of your dreams. And you can earn much money fast.
:flower: Health, love and beautiful moments are the true wealth of life. :flower: