Animal Crossing

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Re: Animal Crossing

Post by Riceboy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:05 am

New Leaf isn't that great.

...No it's pretty good. I'm kidding it's actually a huge step forward for the AC series. However, the only complaint I have is that beating your residents senseless with a bug net somehow doesn't make them want to move away. The people that move away are set to random, so you can't really abuse your villagers until they leave anymore. Oh well. I will continue to hit any and all ugly villagers I see until I get better ones.

Anyone remember Apollo? Yeah... My friend has him. We've been trying to get him to move into my village for about 2 days straight. His house if full of suck-up gifts I sent him through the mail, with letters saying things like "come live with me" and "my town is better, I swear" and stuff. And yet I wonder why he won't live in my town.

Anyway. My friend code is in my signature for those that want to come play with me! I'm really nice. You can take any fruit (I have every fruit available in the game) and fossils you find and bugs and such from my town. I really don't care.

However I do have 5+ friends that tend to come on over to my town as well so sometimes the town's a little full. But yeah. Come clubbing with me, guys. I'm cool.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 am

Bought New Leaf yesterday, first ever AC game for me so I have nothing to compare it to. :'D Therefore it's great and I love it. Bought a 3DS XL finally so I could play it and maybe some other games in the future. I don't really know what else to say considering I've only had it for a very short while, so yeah. Just wanted to pop into this topic and see what was going on. c:

Nausah
Pup
Pup

Post by Nausah » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I really enjoyed playing the older versions of Animal Crossing on the Game Cube and on the one for DS. The one for the Wii was pretty fun to play for a while but I only played the game for a couple of days as I only got around to hiring it out instead of buying it. No stores in my area at the moment are selling New Leaf yet until next month I believe, but I am honestly really looking forward to it. Obviously I have seen a couple of the new things added to the game. I really think that having your people be able to where pants as well as tops (unlike the older versions where you could only change their shirt/dress) looks pretty cool and I have seen that you come into the town on a train I believe. What features are your favourites in the New Leaf version? I don't know everything about the yet and I am excited to play the new one. :mrgreen:
Av/Lupin S DeCanis

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:14 am

New Leaf butchered the patriarchy stigma. Girls can wear pants, guys can wear dresses... You can stack fruit (as in having I believe up to 5 fruit in a bunch in your bag so they don't all take up space...), you can do a lot more than you could.

I'd have to say my favorite feature is the "Best Friend" feature. If you're in a friend's town, you can make them your best friend (you can have up to 32 best friends) and if you both turn the feature on (you have to be 13 years or older to do so) you can message each other without being in their town directly. You both can be playing in your own towns and still stay in contact.
i am ossan

Redwalker

Post by Redwalker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:25 am

This game was my childhood.
I worked on my town day and night for MONTHS. It was perfect.
Until I took a break from the game and my brother destroyed my wii with his excessive gaming.
I don't feel like starting over. I mean, I tried to rebuild my paradise but.... it was so perfect.
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am

Well that's the thing about New Leaf. It's a new start... A lot different, I guess. You're mayor.

As for the Wii version... I can't say I played that one enough. I bought it to play with a friend then I sold it about a week after because I never touched it thereafter. I don't really know why?

Also if you really wanted you could just send your Wii in to get repaired.
i am ossan

Redwalker

Post by Redwalker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 am

I don't know if we even still have it. My family is quick to give up on these kinds of things. We simply got a new wii.
I'm not really allowed to go on the wii anyways, because my brother is CONSTANTLY on it.
Shame really.

I'll look into new leaf though. Might be a fun game (especially since the wii has a lack of games I would consider playing)
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am

The Wii is a dying console, I'm sorry.

I hope you enjoy New Leaf, if you get it. Actually, I just restarted my game (after a huge guilt trip from Isabelle) and I'm trying to make sure all of my villagers are generally happy. Last time I sort of rushed through everything but Animal Crossing sort of requires you to slow down to enjoy it...
i am ossan

Redwalker

Post by Redwalker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 am

It looks like you can customize your bedspread in new leaf.
I'm really excited about that. Don't know why...

How many fabrics can you hold in new leaf?
,.°`°.,
xoxo, Gossip Girl
,.°`°.,

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am

Still only eight designs per character, but the option of saving them is still there (Mabel). Eh, I bought a sleek bed from Rooney and there's no much customization I'd like for it... purple, holstein and something else, but no blue. >.<

About dress sense, yeah... I befriended someone who insists on wearing a dress whenever he's got visitors or when he's visiting towns. Luhlz...
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Andoria
Pup
Pup

Post by Andoria » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Randoven wrote:

Anyone remember Apollo? Yeah... My friend has him. We've been trying to get him to move into my village for about 2 days straight. His house if full of suck-up gifts I sent him through the mail, with letters saying things like "come live with me" and "my town is better, I swear" and stuff. And yet I wonder why he won't live in my town.
Yes I wonder why the poor eagle isn't moving in with a random stranger who's stalking him xD
Actually, I'm a dog. But wolves are cool too.
My MP is Andoria, of course.
I'm an artist! Please visit my DA at mori101.deviantart.com :)

Emeraldwolf827
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Emeraldwolf827 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:53 pm

My friend has a 3DS and she has Animal Crossing. I have my own save file on her 3DS but I don't play it much. (Unless she starts XD)
Wind sings in my ears

Clouds drift in the sky blue

Grass brushes my fur

Now I'm finally home with you

Necros
Pup
Pup

Post by Necros » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Picked up a copy of New Leaf this morning and I've been mesmerised since the word go. I'm liking the new system of being mayor and even starting off with a tent. XD Kinda looking forward to exploring the options of a perfect town rating which I've heard have changed so no more acre calculation. Awesome game so far.
╔════════════════════╗
live life your own way
╚════════════════════╝
aka Dark64shadow

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:10 pm

I really want New Leaf. I should go buy it soon.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

-Sloopy-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by -Sloopy- » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:15 pm

I loooove the animal crossing series, I have wild world, city folk and new leaf. I'd love more new leaf buddies!
~Haaaaaang on sloopy, sloopy hang on~
/\\/
I used to play wq all the time, just got back into it