I, Predator (By Kuma Games and Animal Planet)

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

What do you think of I,Predator? (please vote after playing)

Best...game...EVER!! I can't wait 'till the next episode!
37%
Awesome!
21%
Good!
11%
Meh, 50-50...
7%
Could use fixing...
17%
Bad!
1%
I didn't like it at all! I am so glad it is a FREE game!
6%

Total votes: 107

MidnightSkyWolf
Pup
Pup

Re: I, Predator (By Kuma Games and Animal Planet)

Post by MidnightSkyWolf » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 pm

I really want to play this now, I played for around an hour today just for my laptop charger to break and my laptop go dead.. -_- But during that hour I was just going around killing everyone as cheetah then I was threatened by a hacker. At first I ignored but then he threatened again to take down all the servers so I just yelled "hacker!" Then quickly said "now I can report you" even though i never reported due to my laptop going dead, but I did hear people complaining on how they hated him...

HappygirlXD
Yearling
Yearling

Post by HappygirlXD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:07 pm

This was fun but extremely slow. Also it was difficult for me. Because I fail at video games, obviously...

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am

HappygirlXD wrote:This was fun but extremely slow. Also it was difficult for me. Because I fail at video games, obviously...
Eh, the game seems to have quite a bad lag, from when I play it anyway x3 So, your not the only one there ~
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 am

I always have horrible lag when playing Lion vs Buffalo. x:
All of the other episodes run fine for me though.

I don't really tend to like most people on I,Predator. So I usually keep to myself. ^^'

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 pm

My favorite episode is Seal vs Shark. Its fun because there are lots of hiding places where sharks cant get you. Also, I think this ones the easiest. Cheetah vs Gazelle is OK because its hard and I have only been the cheetah 2/10 I played the episode. The cheetah lives like forever. And I never liked the lion vs buffalo one because it confuses me.

I think I, Predator is one of the best games online. Don't you think its a lot like wolfquest with other animals? It feels like the same thing!
I am Koroda,
A coelacanth fish.
While you humans die,
I'll still be here....

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Koroda wrote: I think I, Predator is one of the best games online. Don't you think its a lot like wolfquest with other animals? It feels like the same thing!
Hmm...
Ive seen better ones.
First i thought it was all cool, but if you get to know the game better, played with it for weeks/months...
Yes, the idea would be great... but...
Its full with glitches and bullies if you ask me.
Glitches, which you report, then they say they wont fix it anytime in the future because the game is still considered new. Basically there are major ones that would need attention... some affect gameplay pretty much. And if you point that out, they say the same like before.
And lets not mention the huge lag.
And why bullies? Because at some point you join servers which have friends in it. And what happens once youre the stranger? Of course... they kill you, make sure you die, challenge you... all at once. Im an adult player, pretty patient, took much in life... but at some point i can snap as well. Especially when these guys are 9-10 years old children.
And when you meantion this to the staff? You can guess... Same as above.
Because of the lag, glitches, bullies and highly unhelpful staff, i have officially deleted that game.
I know i sound like im whining... but i dont want to play games which dont offer what i need, or the security of a nice and effective staff... free game or not.
Considering im on WQ for almost 2 years now... this game beats any other ive played with yet.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Koroda wrote:Don't you think its a lot like wolfquest with other animals? It feels like the same thing!
Personally, I feel there is no similarities besides playing as an animal.
WolfQuest goes into much more in-depth and focuses more on teaching people about the main animal in the game, wolves. While in I,Predator, you are thrown in-game and you object is either to kill/eat other players or attempt to not be killed/eaten. It also doesn't really have many realistic features. Sharks do not use echolocation to find their prey, a cheetah's health does not deplete in 30 seconds and the stealth mechanism is essentially left out, a male lion's roar does not replenish the health of his lioness', etc. While they leave out more realistic things like a shark's eyes rolling back into their head when they attack (making your screen fuzzy/black for example) and a lion's/cheetah's actual hunting technique rather then trying to kill whatever moves and leaving out what most big cats do, grab their prey by the neck.
The staff is also much different, WolfQuest game developers are always looking for ways to improve and get more involved with their players. Compared to Kuma, even though you do leave feedback after you leave a game, they basically do nothing to help with technical support and never attempt to fix major glitches that are oh so common.

MoonbeamOutflanker
Pup
Pup
Location: being a blue grey wolf with deep green eyes and is fast, strong, loyal, and good hunter

Post by MoonbeamOutflanker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:32 pm

i need help i have downloaded the game but its on the PC part of my MAC computer and it doesnt work well it always is in slow like slower than snail slow to load then i cant play at all cuz i try to move but it goes like screen by screen of the animal slowly moving anything to help with this i want to play as a gazelle!
In the darkest night the moon shines bright and lights the night and it's that we wolves howl to it

"I found you in my darkest hour"-The Wanted

~*~TWfanmily~*~

zizymala
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by zizymala » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I want to play it but every time I try to play it my computer freezes and I have to unplug it.Anyone know why?

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:24 am

zizymala wrote:I want to play it but every time I try to play it my computer freezes and I have to unplug it.Anyone know why?
Maybe your computer cant handle it?
Did you check the system requirements? (if you can find it anywhere, i surely googled it and just cant find it...)
Make sure your graphics card is not outdated.

firepheonix
Pup
Pup

Post by firepheonix » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:19 am

I already downloaded it. After that, I wanna join a server,then the game was downloading again.
But it stuck on the "Downloading core_kuma_006.cab".
.............¸¸.*¨*`.Moon Howler Pack.*¨*`.¸.
.............................ƒrεεժօ is a spirit,
...........................ƒrεεժօ is օvεr thεrε
.........................ƒrεεժօ livεs iռ hεart
.....................Hօաl at thε Mօօn ƒօr thε pacĸ.
........................Anժ this աilժεrnεss is օurs!
.....................'......¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸.

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 pm

firepheonix wrote:I already downloaded it. After that, I wanna join a server,then the game was downloading again.
But it stuck on the "Downloading core_kuma_006.cab".
yes, what you download first isnt the actual game, but the source of all of their games. basically its the way they want to save free space on the players computer. once you want to join a server, it automatically starts to download the selected game. this way only those games are downloaded with which you play.

hmm but it seems like something is wrong with the files if its stuck...
try this:
1. uninstall kumagames
2. delete every file and folder that might stay
3. redownload the installer for kumagames
4. install
5. try joining a server again, and if it still gets stuck, write to support@kumagames.com

Also, make sure that your firewall doesnt block it, and your internet is fast enough.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Good luck getting a reply e-mail from support@kumagames.com if it gets to that point, firepheonix.
I've never gotten a reply back from any number of e-mails I have sent. .-.

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Croix wrote:Good luck getting a reply e-mail from support@kumagames.com if it gets to that point, firepheonix.
I've never gotten a reply back from any number of e-mails I have sent. .-.
i sent them some as well. It did take a few days, but i got a reply for each.... not saying i was satisfied with the replies, but they did reply.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 am

Gargantor wrote:i sent them some as well. It did take a few days, but i got a reply for each.... not saying i was satisfied with the replies, but they did reply.
That's a surprise to me.
Every time I've sent an e-mail (describing the issue to the best of my ability and even including screenshots) I have never received anything back.