Worst Games You Played?

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

wolfe202 loves WQ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Worst Games You Played?

Post by wolfe202 loves WQ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 pm

probably mobile versions of an amazing game called spore. THE QUALITY LEVEL OF THE MOBILES ARE JUST 10/10 SO AMAZING
When i hurts to look back, when you're scared to look ahead,
you can look beside you and you best friend will be there.

Couviani
Pup
Pup

Post by Couviani » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:52 am

Can I just go ahead and say basically all mobile games?

Wolves of Beinn Eighe
- Join us -

"There's Strength in Arches"
- Joe Wilkinson

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:26 am

Couviani wrote:
Hahaha... Yes, yes you can. Most of them feel like they're designed to inconvenience you as much as possible unless you pay up, and I just don't have the time for that, nor does the gameplay give me reason enough to care.

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Post by Pegasos » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:58 pm

There's so many of them. Most of those are other free Wolf Simulators or riding by car.
av by LupinzPack

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Pretty much any mobile game. Even the visual novel style games aren't that good, since they tend to be like "you can do like 5 scenarios and then you have to wait until tomorrow to continue, or buy our In-Game Currency to get some passes or whatever." visual novels aren't really the sort of game you can just pick up one day and drop for a month and pick right back up like nothing (like most mobile games) so this is pretty bad
in fact that's basically the biggest problem with most mobile games smh... too many forced real-time waits that you're stuck with unless you throw some cash at the app. either that or they're just boring, like mobile spore or something (which is too bad, spore is one of my favorite games)

besides that... ah... Dragon Ball Sagas. Just a bad Dragon Ball game. Ultimate Tenkaichi was also a bad Dragon Ball game. I barely remember Sagas but I sure remember Ultimate Tenkaichi. It wasn't very ultimate. it was just glorified rock-paper-scissors, and considering it's supposed to be a fighter.....

also UT was pretty ugly. Super Saiyan hair was this nasty disgusting green color.

Ryse Son of Rome wasn't that good either. it wasn't like terrible or anything but it was extremely forgettable and i was done with it in like 5 hours at most.

Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One isn't good either. Not busted or anything like that but super boring and i felt lied to and deceived. The game said it had like 60 animals but really they were just subspecies of the same 5 things -_- the things you could do with them was a cool novelty at first but it got boring and repetitive really fast. Not to mention there isn't really any real zoo or habitat design at all and there isn't ANY business management or depth to the game at all. just place some premade habitats, put an animal in and you can look at it i guess

pretty much any handheld Sims game is kinda bad. i think Castaway is ok but still pretty bad.

Can't think of much else atm. most of the really terrible games i have played have been various browser games that i can barely remember.

SolitaryHowl wrote:Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (for Gamecube/PS2.)

Unlike in previous Harvest Moon games, this one didn't have any festivals, didn't have horse racing, didn't have any contests, no upgrades to your barn/coop, you could only harvest crops once, 1 game year is only 30 days (as opposed to 120 days), the time went by achingly slowly, there was absolutely nothing to do in your village, only 3 marriage candidates (all of them bleh and zero depth to the characters), and oh yeah...grapes grew on trees.

They took everyone that people loved about the Harvest Moon games, and utterly destroyed it.

i know we're all entitled to our opinion and i'm not trying to argue or anything but worst game?? :( it's just different from most of the more familiar/mainstream HM titles (namely Mineral Town and p much anything that came after the GC/GBA era), due to its serious, down-to-earth tone and that it focuses more on the player's family life and watching their child grow up. it's still very faithful to HM's core gameplay and focus (farming) but for this game Marvelous tried something a little different. It's a lot like Save the Homeland.
i can get it not being to your taste but it's nowhere near a bad game, and it definitely didn't "take everything we loved about Harvest Moon and destroyed it."

i do think stuff like festivals and contests would make the game more interesting (I'd enjoy birthdays too), but it's not such a big deal. you can harvest trees as much as you want, and being able to harvest a crop only once or twice isn't really unusual for HM. the time in AWL is basically Sim Time which isn't that slow (if you want to see an HM game with slow time see Animal Parade; seriously in that game you can do your entire day of farmwork and when you finish it'll only be 7am). you can fish, forage, excavate in the dig site, and just talk to the villagers and take care of your farm, which is pretty standard for any HM game.

The 3 marriage candidates are all interesting characters that have more to them than meets the eye, but I'm guessing you didn't pursue any of them actively, thus didn't see any heart events, and just ended up marrying Celia at the end of the first year since she's the default, so I can see why you might think that.

also sorry for going on a tangent... i just really like Harvest Moon and AWL is one of my favorite games in the series and i saw this and had to say something..
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm

O baby lemme add mass effect andromeda to my list. Part of this is bias because ME is my fav game series of all time and I was expecting a lot but andromeda was just sosososoo bad for me. It was the dragon age: inquisition of mass effect and I'll stay salty about it.
av by theinfinite

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:42 am

I have a few mobile games I actually like haha... But they're all Final Fantasy... :'/

--

TERA was pretty bad, imho. At least compared to all the other MMOs I've played. Jade Dynasty bored me to death even though I played Perfect World for 3 years or more...
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Anduril wrote:
Couviani wrote:
Hahaha... Yes, yes you can. Most of them feel like they're designed to inconvenience you as much as possible unless you pay up, and I just don't have the time for that, nor does the gameplay give me reason enough to care.
I feel like mobile games and PC games shouldn't cross lines so often. WolfQuest is a big exception; it was already on PC and has very few changes in mobile. But when people try to make mobile games as complicated as PC games, that's when it's not worth it. Often times mobile games like that are pretty laggy, cost way to much money for little content, and lack good graphics. I usually just stick with the simpler mobile games because they're less frustrating. I don't know, it's tough to explain...

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 am

Pegasos wrote:There's so many of them. Most of those are other free Wolf Simulators or riding by car.
Dude i totally agree.
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.
"Will you stay?" "Will you stay?"
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Sig: Para // Av: Lupe

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 am

Pretty much every single poorly made mobile game, there are so many apps/games which clearly lack in effort just because of the graphics and character designs. Most of the stories are pretty simple and boring as well(not WQ though x3). There was this one game, i don't remember what it was called but it was a pc game, I think it was, 'ToyStory Target Shooter'. the whole game and purpose, was to just throw rubber ballz at targets :/ it had the worst graphics and it was incredibly laggy.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

Geronino
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by Geronino » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Unturned, for the PC. Graphics are really blocky, and one could get past that, but I played that for one day and deleted it the next. I could not get the hang of it for the life of me, and there's just no actual plot or--gameplay mechanics.
`·.`·.`·.`·.`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´.·´.·´.·´.·´
ι нανє ησт ƒαιє
ι'νє נυѕт ƒσυη 10,000 ωαуѕ тнαт ωση'т ωσяк
`.¸¸.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´.¸¸.´
:: av/sig/quote/LupinzPack/Samber/Thomas A. Edison ::

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:44 am

• To be honest my only "worst" game has to be The Isle, simply because the developers keep ruining it after they've fixed it and the devs are pretty rude, I know one of them is awful. Plus the community are absolutely terrible and the gameplay can be wonky.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Aww I can think of a few games I like on mobile. Flow has been my go-to when I'm bored for literally years now, and I'm still fond of 2048. I also thought Plague was fun? I bought the Steven Universe Attack the Light game and I thought that was absolutely adorable and I love it to bits! Considering how well known SU is the game has surprisingly little press, but it's your average Pokemon-styled RPG fighter game. A few glitches here and there, but super cute and all around a very solid game. 10/10 And I can't believe we're all talking down on mobile games but forgetting what was probably the best game of all time, Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector! Truly an iconic and amazing game of our generation. Why did we ever let it go?

Anyways, for worst games? Gonna answer with a real throwback here but as a kid I absolutely hated Spy Fox, because for all my hours of playing it I could never figure out how to beat it. xP
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:48 am

The Chemist wrote:Unturned, for the PC. Graphics are really blocky, and one could get past that, but I played that for one day and deleted it the next. I could not get the hang of it for the life of me, and there's just no actual plot or--gameplay mechanics.

^This. I was the same way. Couldn't get a hang of the controls. The tutorial wasn't very helpful at all. Not many basic guidelines. Just throws you to the wolves and run around with nothing much to do.

A few games I own on steam that I regret never refunding my money, because I was stupid not thinking about it.
Catalateral Damage. Looks cute right? Well cute, savage just knocking things over for the heck of it. But gets pretty boring.
I Am Bread. Just why? Bread, flopping all over the place with really a game to pass time...
Clicker Heroes: If you don't play the game for a few months or even close to a year...and go back on to play, it'll reset your stats and how much progress you made. happened to me, yeah it's a free game but, no point but to pass time and get achievements, but I was sad about starting from square one.

Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:31 am

Ok so i saw my old post and cringed so hard so i'm remaking my list so its more mature and fair.

This entire post is going to be a rant on Petz Dogs 2, but first ima clairify a thing

I no longer hate Call of Duty, and i regret "hating" it. my reason was not very good (seriously i hated it because they rushed ONE game. what the heck. could've also been the fanbase putting me off too). Its nowhere near my like list but the music in the game is actually really good (World at War's music is just yes)

OK now that that is out of the way, the worst game i've ever played in my entire life:

Petz Dogs 2.

I dont remember much about this game, so this rant is going to be a bit short. One thing's for certain, though: i didn't like a single thing about this game. First, the dogs. from what i remember, you could not choose your dog breed OR name. it picked it for you and the dog's name was the breed, and i only realised this when a dog named "Boxer" came in (or was it "Husky"?) i got a labrador named Lab. The thing i hated MOST about this game was the buying system. you had to play an unfair game to even buy a balloon, or ANYTHING of that matter. I remember crying over this game because it was so hard to get a BALLOON. eventually, after i got the balloon (i dont even remember if i got it) i quit the game forever, not being able to see the good side of the game. (i like to think all the game is is unfair games and hanging around and doing completely nothing). I haven't touched that game for about 6 years and i dont plan on inserting it into my 3ds anytime soon.

And that is the end of my rant. I'm probably going to delete my old post now because its no longer relavent. thanks for reading this shiny new post ^^
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea