Worst Games You Played?

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

f-14 ace
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Worst Games You Played?

Post by f-14 ace » Tue May 27, 2008 6:49 am

The worst game I ever played was Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere. The Japanese version had a cool storyline, you could change sides, had more planes, etc. The European and American version, however, had everything cut out and no story whatsoever. They never made a dubbed version either. Needless to say, the series has improved since then or I wouldn't be a fan of Aace Combat.

timber wolf4321
Pup
Pup

Post by timber wolf4321 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:16 am

Happy feet for NDS.it was hard and not very fun.and really short!
/\............./\
....0.......0...|
..................|
.....UUU.......|
-------------

Happy kitty cat!

Avvie made by awesome photographer that posted it on airliners net.

Candle Jack
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Candle Jack » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Ya know as I recall, I played alot of games based on super hero movies, and the one based on the first Hulk movie was Borra Boooooorra awful.
Every time a user member uses *cry* or its alternatives, I kill a kitten. Please think of the kittens.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Gohzar

Post by Gohzar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:40 am

most games based on movies stink :P but there are some cool ones out there i guess.

Fangs of Fire
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Fangs of Fire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:18 am

Can't now remember any game that would've been totally bad, but from recent ones I've played, I'd definitely say: new Alone in the Dark, and Resident Evil Outbreak File #2. They mock the original series... real bad. :evil:

Blazing.Star
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Blazing.Star » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:27 am

im not sure...... i do remember this one game i played it was o borning, i think it was called some thing like "catwoman" but what can i say, it was such a borning game. i like the film though :mrgreen:
Stray~Loner~Mysterious, Complicated.
---> Strays back, guys. <---

"Crying on the inside, smiling on the outisde!.. Dying on the inside, laughing on the outside!!"

\m/^-^\m/ ROCK ON!

Forget Princess .. I wanna be a Werewolf!

Cusack
Pup
Pup

Post by Cusack » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:37 pm

-Dead To Rights 2 (the first one was mildly entertaining, but the second one was pretty horrible)

-Halo 2 (alright, let's finish the fight...played through the game with a friend, which was alright...got to the end and...huh? excuse me? what a bad ending! Halo 1 was fine and I enjoyed it, but Halo 2 was just a let down...and the ending to 3 is about as bad)

-Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (I didn't like it at all...I still have it, but I generally don't sell my games, even if I don't like them...I even thought Harvest Moon DS is better and that game is said to be very buggy)
Darkwalker wrote:Monster Hunter for the PS2. It was so boring, laborius, and difficult that I tired of it within a few days. I would trade it back if it were even woth the time to do it. The secnery was boring and restrictive, and as far as I can tell you played in the same area for the whole game! I almost reget not playing it more to find out.
Its really a shame though, as they came up with some interesting and beautiful monsters. Alas! Bad gameplay dooms this one to the bottom of the reject pile.
That's the reason we never got another MH on PS2: the games just didn't appeal to the majority of players. The handheld ones have done better, but they are easier then the console ones. Still, like the console ones, they have a high learning curve. Also, you don't spend the entire game in the one area (the first MH was bad about taking too long to get to another area, while MH2Freedom is better, IMHO). I enjoy the games, but they can be very frustrating. They are VERY popular games in Japan, though.

(I swear, I can't type today >_< )

stuntman021
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by stuntman021 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Mrgoldalex. God that game is ****ty. Here's a link to you can play the fail that is Mrgoldalex. http://www.kongregate.com/games/MrcredsAlex/mrgoldalex
Also, Candle Jack, your name reminds me of someth
The iron heart that does not bleed
The iron wing that does not break
They exist, here and now

orangeonfire
Former WQ Moderator

Post by orangeonfire » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:37 pm

I haven't played this game, but it's said to be so bad that I really wanna give it a try.

Curious too?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_ ... oad_Racing

WolfWoman
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WolfWoman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:44 pm

I would Have to say Legend of Zelda On Ds, It sucked because the Graphics were terrible and the game play stunk. Period.
Death is Awaiting,
I am ready,
Not to leave,
But to Fight!
Fang

My Wolves:
Fang:Pure White
Mirage:Black with a White diamond on her forehead
Sango: Purple Eyes with a Pure Black coat

Kikai
Pup
Pup
Location: In your dreams prowling around look out and around Im there without a sound!

Post by Kikai » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Actually the game Over The Hedge was really awesome! Me and Fidd played it forever! It was really fun!So that movie game wasn't so bad! I think the worst game is...........actually i cant think of one........i guess Harvest Moon, it was boring, well there was this certain one that was....
I walk unsure
I live unprotected
I don't know what's next
I have the life
of being a wolf
But sometimes I do not make it out
without a few scratches
But that is the journey that soon begins it all

cutest avvie ever made by Fidd

*Snow*
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Don't ask. I go... everywhere. Hello, I'm the Wanderer. Pay attention to the name.

Post by *Snow* » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Harvest Moon DS is more exciting with AR.... :twisted:

The worst game would be.... well, for now, I'd say Open Season DS. Booooring. It was waaaay to short, too.

Kikai
Pup
Pup
Location: In your dreams prowling around look out and around Im there without a sound!

Post by Kikai » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 pm

lol! I played Hannah Montana, it was long but it was just confusing in many ways. I got the game for laughs!
I walk unsure
I live unprotected
I don't know what's next
I have the life
of being a wolf
without a few scratches

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:45 am

I think Ice Age 2 for Nintendo DS was a waste of $30.

The plot is, on each level you (switching off between Manny, Diego, and Sid) have to find a certain character to go onto the next level. As an added challenge, you must also try and find the Dodo, and "save" all the animals on the level (pretty much, walk up to them, although some of them are blocked and you have to get a specific character there).

First of all, the levels are hard enough without being timed - and there is WAY too little time. There is a "water meter" on the side of the screen; it fills up a little bit each second. You have about a minute to try to complete the whole level. You can get a certain item or collect 100 acorns to get more time, but still, there's definitely not enough.

Second, as I said, the levels are hard enough. You have a big game world to search across, which is difficult to travel. There are different levels of cliffs, some of which you have to climb, and some of which you can get only by crossing from another cilff. There are floating ice chunks which move you to a different spot. There are one-way slides. You have a map, but it isn't in detail, and it is so small it really doesn't help. And some areas are reachable by only certain characters. You can only switch characters by stepping on a tile in certain spots. Each has their own talents: Manny can knock things over (such as obstacles in your way or knock down a tree to make a bridge), Diego can jump (only in certain spots) and scratch trees (to get acorns), and Sid can create fire (to burn away bushes in the way, and to free frozen animals) and walk on narrow paths. Add the complexity of these levels to about a minute to finish it... it's impossible. I, a girl who completes every game she plays, was unable to finish this one.

Another thing, though the 3-D graphics are very good, they are a bit "too" good, because it actually makes it a bit harder to see what you're doing clearly. The big trees and snow draping over a canyon, I can do without; they just block your view. And if you even turn the screen a tiny bit (or set it to follow mode), you get lost!

So anyway you have to compete five levels in each of the five areas to reach the boat. You have to play two minigames in each area (one just involves you dragging acorns to Scrat; it's VERY boring!) And there is a boss battle on each level; you just have to hit those swimming monsters with snowballs.

So yeah. It's hard, it's pointless, the box didn't really describe it... I was mad at myself for wasting money on it.
██████████████

Kikai
Pup
Pup

Post by Kikai » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

wow! I hate when you get it and then you relieve it's better of in the trash! And then if you return it they just give you HALF price back!
I walk unsure
I live unprotected
I don't know what's next
I have the life
of being a wolf
without a few scratches