Pokémon

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Do You Like Pok`emon?

LOVE it!
64%
I like it.
17%
Its okay...
11%
I absoloutly HATE it!
8%

Total votes: 952

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: Pokémon

Post by alethe » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:26 pm

really? I thought they were. Let me go google it right now, thought i read that somewhere.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 pm

Evolving from a Rockruff is exclusive. However you can catch both final evolutions near the ending of the game. They pop up in their area depending on if it's day or night. x
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Amaterasu123

Post by Amaterasu123 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:26 pm

I love Pokemon too! I have 2 shiny's Sylveon and Umbreon they both have 31 IVs

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 am

Allow me to revive this topic in light of the Pokémon Direct from the other day... which I didn't actually watch!

From what I gathered, though, newer versions of Sun and Moon are coming to the 3DS, and Gold/Silver are coming to the virtual console? I'm pretty happy about the virtual console games, although I have to admit never even getting close to finishing the first gen despite being really excited for the release of those. I also still haven't finished Sun... Guess I've completely dropped out of the loop.

Also, has anyone been playing that ridiculous Magikarp Jump app? It does not offer much in terms of gameplay, but it's really cute, heh.

Couviani
Pup
Pup

Post by Couviani » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:03 am

I didn't get the chance to watch the Pokemon Direct, but from what my brother told me it could be pretty interesting. At first he said the new Sun/Moon versions seemed to just be almost identical to the first ones, which was kind of disappointing. Now though, he's said that they've released more info, and there's some based on the alternate universes or something (such as possibly a very slight indication to how sun and moon are based in alternate universes to the other games.) I'll have to double check with him about what he said, and then probably check the direct for myself ha-ha. But he seems much more interested in the new Sun/Moon releases now.

I played Magikarp Jump for a bit, it's super adorable! But I ended up deleting it ahah. Partly because, as you said, it doesn't offer much gameplay wise, but also because I needed to free up space to download a Gabe the Dog app, heh.

Wolves of Beinn Eighe
- Join us -

"There's Strength in Arches"
- Joe Wilkinson

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Post by Pegasos » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:02 pm

When Pokémon GO was released, it was pretty ok. Now I've deactived my account 'cause I've time to play it and it doesn't even interests me at all anymore..I've no played any other Pokémon games but I like to watch old episodes..Oh I love Sylveon.
av by LupinzPack

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Ultra Sun and Moon seem interesting. I'm hoping for some more info to come out soon.
I heard that there's a possibility we'll finally be able to walk side-by-side with our pokemon again though, based on what some people have noticed in the USUM trailer, so I'm eager to see whether or not that's going to be confirmed. I hope it's true

it's also been confirmed that a main series Switch RPG is under development too. it's probably not going to be the open world Pokemon I've dreamed of, but it definitely sounds like something interesting.
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

Couviani
Pup
Pup

Post by Couviani » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:22 pm

I actually still play Pokémon GO. ^-^ I mean, it totally drains my battery, but I still get a kick out of "Being a Pokémon trainer," even if it's in the simplest of terms.

I too love Sylveon (basically all Eeveelutions tbh) I'm basically mega fond of any dog/puppy form Pokémon.

Edit

Walking side-by-side would be petty great. I really want that.

I would love for it to be an open world Pokémon RPG (we know it most likely won't be, yet we still do this to ourselves. Why?) But I agree, it should still be interesting.

Wolves of Beinn Eighe
- Join us -

"There's Strength in Arches"
- Joe Wilkinson

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 am

I've noticed Pokémon Go becoming a bit more popular again; I guess it's the summer. I saw a fairly stern-looking woman in her mid-fifties running it on her smartphone while paying for her stuff at my till..
mxrtis wrote:I heard that there's a possibility we'll finally be able to walk side-by-side with our pokemon again though, based on what some people have noticed in the USUM trailer, so I'm eager to see whether or not that's going to be confirmed. I hope it's true
Ah, I'd love to see that feature make a comeback. I've never been too interested in the "upgraded" versions of already-existing games so will likely pass up on the Ultras, but it'd be really cute to see that become a thing again.

That said, I just realised I haven't even finished Sun yet. Kind of fell out of the habit and left it untouched for months..
Couviani wrote:I played Magikarp Jump for a bit, it's super adorable! But I ended up deleting it ahah. Partly because, as you said, it doesn't offer much gameplay wise, but also because I needed to free up space to download a Gabe the Dog app, heh.
Yeah, it grew old really quickly, unfortunately. I still find its existence adorable, although the fact it contains micro-transactions is a bit ridiculous, even if they're completely optional.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:20 pm

I don't even have a Switch, so I won't be getting Ultra Sun/Moon. I'll probably skip the Switch seeing as how I'm moving away from console gaming in general.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Aren't they 3DS titles though? ^^;

I still haven't completed or really gotten too far into Sun/Moon due to lack of interest // spending more time on my Switch playing BotW. I'm actually looking forward to seeing more details about the upcoming Pokémon Switch game in the hopes that it might actually be decent.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 am

I just got Magikarp Jump a week ago and I don't think it is ever going to get old for be because I just keep naming my fish guys after friends, dead memes, and inside jokes.

Also I still play Pokemon Go, to this day I'm not really sure why it died out in the first place.
Beautiful avatar was drawn by Okami Shiranui/WolFanny!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 am

Neamara wrote:Aren't they 3DS titles though? ^^;

I still haven't completed or really gotten too far into Sun/Moon due to lack of interest // spending more time on my Switch playing BotW. I'm actually looking forward to seeing more details about the upcoming Pokémon Switch game in the hopes that it might actually be decent.
Oh, I thought they were the rumoured Pokemon games for the Switch. Whoops - thanks for correcting me, Neamara!

In that case, I may get Ultra Sun. Although I found just completing Sun felt like a chore instead of fun. I dunno, I kind of miss the gyms, the trials don't do anything for me.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey, I've been playing Pokemon Silver VC for the past few days, and I recently used the Coin Case glitch to get an 100% legit shiny Celebi! If you'd like a tutorial I can provide one, if you'd like.
http://i.cubeupload.com/gwhEmf.jpg
To a new world of gods and monsters!

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:12 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:
Neamara wrote:Aren't they 3DS titles though? ^^;

Oh, I thought they were the rumoured Pokemon games for the Switch. Whoops - thanks for correcting me, Neamara!

In that case, I may get Ultra Sun. Although I found just completing Sun felt like a chore instead of fun. I dunno, I kind of miss the gyms, the trials don't do anything for me.

I find that the ultra versions of the games are more fun. Getting the shiny charm is also easier in the games set in Alola, and there are a few new shiny methods now. After obtaining the shiny charm in Ultra Sun, I was able to get a shiny latios by soft-resetting.

What's soft-resetting? It's a common method for obtaining shiny legendary pokémon. If you hold in the L, R and Start or Select buttons, it will take you straight to the main menu of the game. You can then re-encounter the pokémon, and continue doing so until you find a shiny. This saves you from having to exit and re-enter manually, saving time. With the shiny charm, the chances of encountering a shiny legendary in the Sun and Moon games are one in one-thousand and something.
Just keep in mind that some pokémon are shiny-locked, typically the main legendaries of a region. This means they cannot be found in shiny in the game.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack