All games that you can Play as an animal

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Solkatt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: All games that you can Play as an animal

Post by Solkatt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:08 am

Splatoon! It's a multiplayer 3rd person shooter for Wii U in which you play as a shapeshifting, humanoid squid. Instead of bullets, you shoot ink.

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:24 pm

*Blows dust away*

I didn't see it in the list and I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but it deserves a place in this list Cx

Saurian - A realistic dinosaur simulator set at the end of the cretaceous, 66 MY ago in Hell Creek, where the player will be able to live the life of one of six dinosaurs from hatchling to adult. The playable animals are Dakotaraptor, Pachycephalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus and Anzu.
The game will be released on both PC and MAC, and they try to get it to work on a wide range of computers.
Link: http://saurian.maxmediacorp.com/
It's not released yet, but they aim to release EA in 1Q of this year, so hopefully before the end of March
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Arcturus221B wrote:*Blows dust away*
Just wanted to remind you that *action* can be considered roleplay.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Shelter: a game by Might and Delight where you play as a badger mother guiding her cubs through a series of dangers.
Shelter 2: (also by M&D, all the ones here are), its a more open-world game instead of linear like its predecessor. You play as a mother lynx taking care of her kittens and traversing the world to keep them well-fed and safe as they grow to adulthood.
Paws: a sort of prequel to Shelter 2 where you play as a lynx cub separated from her mother who is finding her way home with the help of a bear cub companion.
Meadow: A 'forum in games clothing' similar to the Endless Forest set in a similar world as the Shelter games with the same creatures where you explore and collect flowers, skins and unlock new animals with the help of other players. There's no chat, only emotes, and the world is quite vast and beautiful.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am

There's also "The Archotek Project" which is a dinosaur based game, you can play about...30? different dinosaurs and it's getting more in the future, I'll list the steam page below if anyone is interested cx

(apologies if anyone has already said this game !!)
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

KiroWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by KiroWolf » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:28 am

There's The Isle and Beasts of Bermuda, both have dinosaurs.
In Rain World you play as a little slugcat creature, it's a difficult game but unique and I didn't know I wanted it until I found it.
Cereal Soup is a free game that has playable suricates, big cats and canines, and birds and domestic cats will be added soon. There will be more species but they'll be premium-only, thankfully you only have to buy it once.
Untamed: Life of a Cougar has, well, cougars.
ARK Survival Evolved was gonna have an official mod that allowed you to play as the many creatures in it, such as dinosaurs, giant insects, birds, mammals and a lot of other stuff. Unfortunately it was cancelled but someone made their own mod to play as the creatures.
SimAnts is an ant game (wow) but in the DOS mode you can also control the spider.
And Roblox has lots of free animal games, you can even make your own. I recommend the games made by LudicrousCunningFox.
EVO: The Search From Eden is a bit like spore, you start out as a fish and evolve as you progress through the levels and you can customize your creature.
Also I think Okami's getting a PC port?
That's all I remember at the moment.

Aquila K9
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Aquila

Post by Aquila K9 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 pm

I didn't see Star Stable Online listed anywhere unless I missed it...maybe it wasn't listed before because you ride a horse around the game. But there is now a feature to let you "go wild" and be invisible so it looks like you're playing as a wild horse. The game is quest based, and robust. Lots of places to explore, and it seems a lot of players role play on there as well. I figured a lot of people out there would like to play as a horse too! :lol:
_.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._
Look in the Shadows, 'cause you're not alone.
My heart and soul you'll always own.
Fate is not at all set in stone...
_.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._.•¡'*'¡•._
Signature by Blackburn

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Idk, I think it's called Leader of the Meerkats? Maybe it's already listed but idk, it's a Wii game and you play as a meerkat... I haven't played it in a while and the only thing I can remember is that in the story you were swept away in a river, and then washed up on a desert-like land... you find this meerkat that then is your mate and you make dens and burrows, run from eagles, have a day and night cycle, have pups... I really don't remember much, but I remember it was fun!

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 pm

quietly nudging in here to promote Seasons After Fall because it was one of the most endearing games I've played in a while.
As a wild fox you are sent on a perilous journey aided only by your ability to change the seasons at will, manipulating a gorgeous 2D world backed by an enchanting live string quartet.

Summon the power of Winter to freeze a lake solid, or call upon Spring to make trees and flowers grow. The world is yours to manipulate as you travel across forests, rivers, and caves, in order to unveil the secrets of this world and complete a sacred ritual. Each season is protected by a Guardian and it is up to you to master the seasons they grant you.
It's been a while since I played it, but the artwork and soundtrack is just absolutely stunning, and one of the small things I really loved was making the fox bark... it was so cute and I cried every time.
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am

There is a game called the First Tree. It's about a fox in someone's dream, and you get to play it. You're a mother trying to find your three lost cubs. One by one you stumble across them, and near them there is always a wolf. The soundtrack and graphics are shocking. Cellos everywhere. Once you come across your last cub, you hang your head, and saunter up to this huuuuge tree and then all this mehh talk about it being the 'first tree' which I MEHHed at because MEHH, it's just an oak tree!
And then when it told me to send a message to me kids, I put,
You are a tree. MEHH *raspberry*
Yeah I was in a weird mood and crying didn't help, stupid game... and then you wake up and wander around your neighborhood as a guy named Joseph and find the fox by a shed and follow it and there be her three cubs, alive
and then
more music
and then it ends
dont talk to me im a game and show/movie spoiler heheh

The Dancing Demon
Pup
Pup
Name: Rak

Post by The Dancing Demon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Not sure if this would count, but Star Stable Online, because now there's a feature where you can just play as your horse without the rider, and you could do it at anytime.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Cattails is the best cat game yet!

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:22 am

Wild craft is a wolf simulator game. its not as good as wolfquest though
Dog saga: I only know about that game because of JayPlayz videos. Seems fun to me though!
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf