Shelter series

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Re: Shelter series

Post by Shiranuiii » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 am

• Ahh the hedgehog is so cute, I love the swim animation !!
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ/๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข/๐Ÿข๐Ÿช | ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ถ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๐—
๐–ฃ๐–พ๐–ผ๐–พ๐—†๐–ป๐–พ๐—‹ ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฉ | ๐–ด๐–ฎ๐–ณ๐–ฌ
๐– ๐—๐–บ๐—๐–บ๐—‹ | Lupe

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 am

Anduril wrote:
SilkenGalaxy wrote:
Shiranuiii wrote:
  • Aw that sucks ):

I'm hoping it's a new animal and a new place, I'm looking forward to finding out cx
They have announced that there will be a new animal, but who knows what else will be in the update!
Huh? The anniversary update is already out. They added a hedgehog among some other cute autumn-related stuff. Go check it out if you haven't yet, heh.
Ah yeah! I saw it now! The hedgehog is really cute!

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 am

The Hedgehog is really cute I think, plus when it swims across the river...well, floats. :3

Really hoping for more hooved animals to appear though. Although the fox> wolf debate is still pretty up there, I wouldn't mind seeing a wolf in the game, but others are believing it would overrun the animal world in the servers. Or just overused.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Is the Meadow really ยฃ1.99 in Steam?!

Also, can it run on low end/normal PC/Laptops?

This is my PC:
Lenovo Think Centre M73Z I3
System:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.85 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 am

TheOnlyTherian wrote:Is the Meadow really ยฃ1.99 in Steam?!

Also, can it run on low end/normal PC/Laptops?

This is my PC:
Lenovo Think Centre M73Z I3
System:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.85 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System
Yeah! Do keep in mind that they work with a fan loyalty reward system; if you own other games from the Shelter series you unlock playable animals. The gameplay for all animals is more or less the same, though. Also, the Shelter sales tend to be very generous and they're lovely games to play in the first place, so if you're interested in them it definitely doesn't hurt to pick them up in a sale.

As for whether it will run on your low-end system.. that's always a bet with computers that lack a dedicated graphics card such as yours. The recommended minimum specs on the store page do call for a mid-range graphics card, so I am not sure whether your laptop will be able to handle it at all. If you'd still want to give it a shot, just remember that Steam is happy to refund any games that you weren't able to run properly: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds
โ™ก

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 am

So I just picked up Meadow. It is surprisingly fun, even though there isn't much to do besides collecting things. It is nice exploring with random people, very relaxing :D
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: โ€œDuskโ€

Post by duskypack » Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am

Shelte 3 was announced! Itโ€™s coming out in 2020, the focus is on an elephant family and the baby elephants are cute enough that Iโ€™m already mourning their inevitable death the first few times I play the game. Iโ€™m really excited for playing as a herd animal and interacting with other adults and the elder elephants. It looks like itโ€™ll have a very different feel from the first two games since elephants arenโ€™t solitary like lynxes or badgers.

Hereโ€™s the link:

ยฏ~_โŠฑโ‹›ยฐโ€ข. .โ€ขยฐโ‹šโŠฐ_~ยฏ
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
ยฏ~_โŠฑโ‹›ยฐโ€ข. .โ€ขยฐโ‹šโŠฐ_~ยฏ

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Shelter 3 sounds really cool, thanks for sharing! Definitely put it on my wishlist
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

CorruptClaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Silver

Post by CorruptClaw » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Iโ€™m in love with Shelter, the second one mostly, the first oneโ€™s a little frustrating to get through with all surviving cubs, so usually I just stick with the second game, and Shelter 3 sounds like a whole new world in itself, like maybe being on rails and having to keep your herd safe and fed, of course the game features elephants so thereโ€™s no solitary mom this time, I canโ€™t wait to see how creative Might and Delight will be for this new game.

Again, I canโ€™t get enough of Shelter 2, exciting but heartpounding dangers, and the guilt you feel when youโ€™ve lost a kitten... Iโ€™m having bad luck with forest fires mostly..
:wolf: Thereโ€™s at least a Silver Lining to every tragedy :wolf:

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am

I love the Shelter series! I think I've played Shelter 2 and Meadow more times than I can count :D. And the dlc comics are gorgeous.
I played Shelter 1 too, and while I liked it a lot, I think Shelter 2 has more stuff to do and see. Although Shelter 1's ending
Spoiler
Show
actually made me cry. Poor mother badger... :eagle:

I've been waiting exitedly for Shelter 3! :mrgreen: I'm sure it'll be just as good as the previous games, if not better.
โ•”.โ˜…. .โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—

"๐•พ๐–๐–Š ๐–๐–”๐–œ๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–†๐–™ ๐–’๐–Ž๐–‰๐–“๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™.
๐•ธ๐–Ž๐–˜๐–™ ๐–‰๐–—๐–Ž๐–‹๐–™๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–—๐–”๐–’ ๐–๐–Š๐–— ๐–˜๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–๐–†๐–œ๐–˜.
๐•พ๐–™๐–†๐–—๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™ ๐–๐–Ž๐–™๐–˜ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–“๐–”๐–œ."

~ Unknown.

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•. .โ˜….โ•

PeanutSoup
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by PeanutSoup » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:20 am

I've played Shelter 2 a few times, the spin-off Paws once, and sometimes I still do Meadow. I would do Shelter 1 but it's not 64 bit so my computer can't run it anymore. I like the art style of all the games in the series, and Shelter 2 has the same sort of family raising and (kind of) family tree building as WolfQuest.

Meadow has a nice little community but it makes me sad that the game is not very popular anymore. It's currently at 10 on the Europe server and 6 on the Asia server, but usually on weekdays and non-holidays there's maybe only 2 or 3 people online. It's not that bad to play it by yourself though. I also like the uniqueness of the symbol-based communication instead of chat, but it makes me worried that people might get the meaning wrong.

I would love to see a Shelter 4 about wolves, but I think the development team is focusing on a non-Shelter game at the moment.