World of Warcraft

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Kivia

Re: World of Warcraft (Awaiting "Legion")

Post by Kivia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:46 am

Well if y'all decide to go for the full version, you can find me playing on Arthas and Sargeras haha.

I too am pretty casual, but some of my friends are definitely wayyyy into it. Like one of them I know has been playing since vanilla. I only started when Draenor came out, so I'm still, in my mind, a complete noob.

Angel Mercy
Pup
Pup
Name: Mercy

Post by Angel Mercy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Is this post still active? Anyone still play?
....Life changes so fast you won't even have a chance to stop it....

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:46 pm

LeopardsandRoses wrote:Is this post still active? Anyone still play?
Feel free to reinvigorate conversation (if of course possible)!

Personally I like to buy a month of game time occasionally, but I don't tend to play for longer than that simply because of the time I end up spending on it. I'm a bit of a casual player myself and tend to just go wild with the battle pet stuff or end up chasing other obscure achievements and side-goals. Still nowhere near maximum level on any character yet; I think I'm about 103 now?

I may actually revisit it sometime later this month because I keep missing out on the Feline Familiar and it's only available once a year!

Angel Mercy
Pup
Pup

Post by Angel Mercy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:06 pm

paperpaws wrote:
LeopardsandRoses wrote:Is this post still active? Anyone still play?
Feel free to reinvigorate conversation (if of course possible)!

Personally I like to buy a month of game time occasionally, but I don't tend to play for longer than that simply because of the time I end up spending on it. I'm a bit of a casual player myself and tend to just go wild with the battle pet stuff or end up chasing other obscure achievements and side-goals. Still nowhere near maximum level on any character yet; I think I'm about 103 now?

I may actually revisit it sometime later this month because I keep missing out on the Feline Familiar and it's only available once a year!
I wanted to do the 6 months but had to think ahead of finances. I've only recently gotten back into it. I have a few is I is back and forth with but my main character that I play at the moment is in Dalaran. Just leveled it to tame a pet of my choice. What's the feline Familiar???

GK83
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Barrage

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by GK83 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am

Late as heck but whatever, I play the WoTLK expansion on a private server (Warmane) You can hit me up If you want a lil' boost or something.
On a side note, I love the PvP experience there. Having the honor to be one of the Shield slam Protection warriors shredding through those annoying mages and rogues so that I can crit the healers 13k damage on a regular basis, I occasionally Tank for some raids but as far as I know, Prot warrs are just. Not as good as the pallys or DK's. I've asked alot of people which was the overall Worst Tank and it's always been the Prot warr. Even Dudus got that big healthpool that places them higher but then again, I focus on PvP not PVE.
Now you know who you're fighting.

Angel Mercy
Pup
Pup

Post by Angel Mercy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:44 pm

I haven't played much lately cuz I'm broke but hey that what I get but I've somehow managed to have several characters in different realms. Nice to know their all still there at least.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:14 am

Has anyone here tried out Classic, and if so, is it any good? I know some friends and colleagues of mine have been enjoying it, but I'm afraid to dip in just in case it'll end up absorbing too much time again, heh.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:21 am

Does Classic require a subscription or no? I used to love playing WoW but not only do I hate subscriptions period, I don't have the money or time for that.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:27 am

Yes it does. They had a bundle going where you could get both wow and wow classic. Not sure if it's still going though.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:20 pm

I had absolutely no idea about the free version of woW until very recently; as soon as I saw it and read about it, though, I downloaded it and started playing. Given how I play, the only things about the free version's limits that even really affect me at all is that due to the level 20 limit for free accounts, I can't fly, can't advance much in the talent tree. I only do PVE and I've always just kinda played on my own and played just for the story and to explore and tame stuff (I've always had hunters as my main characters), so while not being able to fly or get certain talents/skills is mildly annoying, I'm extremely grateful for the free version as it is. I was ecstatic to get it and it's so cool having my childhood game back for real.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes