Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by PearlyReborn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Ah, the paper bag DLC. Can't wait! ;)
I'd pay good money for real paper bag DLC.

Tlitoo
Pup
Pup
Name: T

Post by Tlitoo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:28 pm

I love the look. Though I have a question, will you guys think about making the teen wolf (no pun intended) playable in multiplayer games? I'd love to see that able to happen!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:59 am

arrowlove18 demon wrote:I love the look. Though I have a question, will you guys think about making the teen wolf (no pun intended) playable in multiplayer games? I'd love to see that able to happen!
Seconded! That would be pretty cool.

CHienia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: CHienia

Post by CHienia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 am

arrowlove18 demon wrote:I love the look. Though I have a question, will you guys think about making the teen wolf (no pun intended) playable in multiplayer games? I'd love to see that able to happen!
I think that we can play with teen pups in multiplayer.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 am

I think it would be cool to play as a teen pup, just in general, like maybe a special minimission where you play as your wolf, but as a teen who was briefly separated from their pack, and it could be on a smaller map and be a tutorial level, where you learn the controls, strategies for hunting and how to play the game while trying to get back to your parents, and you could play as a group of separated pups on multiplayer. Maybe I should post this in the ideas thread instead, but that's my input.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 pm

PearlyReborn wrote: Maybe I should post this in the ideas thread instead, but that's my input.
Yes, please post this over at the ideas thread. Its a good idea.

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:31 pm

We love when players share their ideas! Players are welcome to share and discuss ideas as they like with each other on the forum, on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, or wherever you feel inspired. However, since there are so many places that people post, we have a hard time tracking them. So if you want WolfQuest to note your ideas and consider them, here is the place on the forum:

Ideas for New Episodes V2

and the discussion on Steam:
Steam: Ideas for Future Updates

Read about how we go about Incorporating Player Ideas Into WolfQuest
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Shirosaki
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shirosaki » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm sorry, but I simply cannot agree with everyone else, to do so would be wrong. That middle stage/young adult wolf looks so bad it desperatly NEEDS work. I know I'm no moderator and have no expeireince with creating models, but I know from a spectators view it ISN'T a good representation of a young adult wolf. I also understand it is very difficult to create models and make them work with animation, I know, but hear me out. I've been playing WQ for a very long time since I was 9 (I'm 18 now) so I've REALLY seen WQ grow the progression is amazing, but there is always room to progress more and thats what you guys are about. Please take my word and really work on the young adult stage...

Now just in case you guys do see this and ask "What do you see wrong with it?" here are some suggestions
First of all the paws are way too huge they're goofy looking for a mature realistic game.
The head and snout are VERY unproportioned and do not look natural thats what defenitly needs work in my opinon.
Scaling down the adult wolf and reproportioning it poorly resulted in that disaster so I would say start fresh with a new model and use reference.

Thank you

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by PearlyReborn » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Shirosaki wrote:I'm sorry, but I simply cannot agree with everyone else, to do so would be wrong. That middle stage/young adult wolf looks so bad it desperatly NEEDS work. I know I'm no moderator and have no expeireince with creating models, but I know from a spectators view it ISN'T a good representation of a young adult wolf. I also understand it is very difficult to create models and make them work with animation, I know, but hear me out. I've been playing WQ for a very long time since I was 9 (I'm 18 now) so I've REALLY seen WQ grow the progression is amazing, but there is always room to progress more and thats what you guys are about. Please take my word and really work on the young adult stage...

Now just in case you guys do see this and ask "What do you see wrong with it?" here are some suggestions
First of all the paws are way too huge they're goofy looking for a mature realistic game.
The head and snout are VERY unproportioned and do not look natural thats what defenitly needs work in my opinon.
Scaling down the adult wolf and reproportioning it poorly resulted in that disaster so I would say start fresh with a new model and use reference.

Thank you
They did their research. This fairly represents the awkward stage in growing. I think this model is fine. And young wolves have big paws anyway. The snout is accurate- Dave posted about that earlier.

I think it's fine.

Shirosaki
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shirosaki » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

PearlyReborn wrote:
Shirosaki wrote:I'm sorry, but I simply cannot agree with everyone else, to do so would be wrong. That middle stage/young adult wolf looks so bad it desperatly NEEDS work. I know I'm no moderator and have no expeireince with creating models, but I know from a spectators view it ISN'T a good representation of a young adult wolf. I also understand it is very difficult to create models and make them work with animation, I know, but hear me out. I've been playing WQ for a very long time since I was 9 (I'm 18 now) so I've REALLY seen WQ grow the progression is amazing, but there is always room to progress more and thats what you guys are about. Please take my word and really work on the young adult stage...

Thank you
They did their research. This fairly represents the awkward stage in growing. I think this model is fine. And young wolves have big paws anyway. The snout is accurate- Dave posted about that earlier.

I think it's fine.
It's my opinion. Thanks. And I'm well aware of the comments Dave left about it

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Thank you
I agree it does look quite wrong, however it's also wearing an adult coat texture and is in the T-pose. It still needs to be rigged an animated, and that could be a contributing favtor as to why it looks so off.

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Will they stay that size or will they grow more ? And they will can hunt with their parents?

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm

Nymeria10 wrote:Will they stay that size or will they grow more ? And they will can hunt with their parents?
Thy will follow the parents on hunting trips in the young adult stage.

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Right, thanks!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Nymeria10 wrote:Right, thanks!
Please make sure your posts are at least three words in length.