Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:03 pm

loboLoco wrote:
ZiAcadia wrote:Ahh the struggles of having a highly observant and critical game community. :wink:

I hadn't realized that fur could make such a big difference: how interesting! Thanks for clarifying that Dave.
One of these Fridays I'll do a short video showing how to create the fur effect. It's kinda cool.
Please do! I would love to see how you create fur on game models.

Medivah
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Medivah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Something just doesn't seem right in the 3 month old pup model. I think it's the snout... that it is too long... maybe you could try to reshape it? Everything else on the model looks awesome!

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 pm

are you guys gonna up the polycount on the original pup, maybe mess around with the mesh? it feels a teensy bit outdated! also would you mind posting a pic of the new wolf rig? i'm super interested in how you guys did it.

edit; the corner of the mouth on the adult wolf also seems to go back a bit far, iunno!

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:54 pm

ZiAcadia wrote:That's amazing! I don't know if I'd call the new pup cute, but it is certainly hilariously awkward! I'm excited to see some of its animations once you get it rigged up. Thanks for all your work!
Totally agree, couldn't have said it better! :'D

Oh man this is so excitingggggg!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 am

Medivah wrote:Something just doesn't seem right in the 3 month old pup model. I think it's the snout... that it is too long... maybe you could try to reshape it? Everything else on the model looks awesome!
Heh, this was addressed on the first page.
loboLoco wrote:Snout is accurate -- here it is compared to Luna at IWC at the same age:

snoutprofile.jpg
The family looks adorable all together. I'm really looking forward to seeing these animated and moving around in-game. I also always appreciate how much research goes into trying to make the game as accurate as possible; thank you for showing Luna to us!

YellowstoneW

Post by YellowstoneW » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 am

I can't wait to see animations!

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Post by Pegasos » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:42 am

loboLoco wrote:
ZiAcadia wrote:Ahh the struggles of having a highly observant and critical game community. :wink:

I hadn't realized that fur could make such a big difference: how interesting! Thanks for clarifying that Dave.
One of these Fridays I'll do a short video showing how to create the fur effect. It's kinda cool.
Yes! Please do! That would be cool.

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Post by Arctic » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:48 am

loboLoco wrote:

That would be cool, thanks Dave! :)

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:21 am

loboLoco wrote:Snout is accurate -- here it is compared to Luna at IWC at the same age:
snoutprofile.jpg
This actually looks much better from this view, it must just be the angle that makes the model look awkward in the picture with the three of them.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:03 am

loboLoco wrote:As you can see, we’re using wolf coat textures from the adult wolves for these pups. We’ll tweak the younger pup textures as needed so each pup will be recognizable as it grows, though some changes in coat color and pattern are natural and inevitable as pups grow up.
Can you please not change the second Blacktail Deer Plateau pelt's pretty golden pup? I love it so much, it's very unique. I'd love for it to stay.

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Can't wait to see how the teen pup animates, because I can't get over how goofy and cute it looks in the image. I do agree with those claiming that the head angle seems a little too off, but of course it could just be the way the image shows it.

Thanks for giving us the constant updates! I find that I'm checking WolfQuest a lot more than I used to, and it's nice to see the community active.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:50 pm

That process video is something that I'm realllly stoked for. As an animation and design fanatic, I'd love to see the process of putting the model together, fixing it up, rigging, and even the animation!

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Post by Skittish17 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:23 am

You guys make me feel like a kid! I love seeing all these grand updates for a new Episode! I remember purchasing the game real fast after I played the demo--it's a great fe3eling! Thanks for making me feel happy again. ^^

-Pierce the Fierce

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Post by Arctic » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 am

Skittish17 wrote:You guys make me feel like a kid!
Lol, I just read this like it's "awkward" to play WolfQuest. But ya, I catch your real point.

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Post by DragonSoul720 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 am

Though this account won't show it, I've been lingering in the community since 2010. I never thought I would get to see this new episode come to life. I'm super excited for this, and the teen wolf model looks pretty amazing. Keep up the good work :)