Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
Fledgeling
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Fledgeling » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 am

That little pup is so adorable, i want one! No give me two actually! He's sooooo cute, im in love :oops:

ClownfishtheDJ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Emygra or Mist
Location: Howling with the wolves, grazing with the elk and deer, and adventuring with the coyotes in MT.

Post by ClownfishtheDJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Aww! So cute! Reminds me of my dog when he was about that age. He-he! I've always loved how y'all make the models as realistic as they can be, and it's great that you're choosing realism instead of cuteness (although, every puppy is cute, no matter what it's age). That's why Wolf Quest is my favorite!
Keep up the epic work!

DarkStar5566
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DarkStar5566 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 pm

I can't wait!!

I have an idea for the game that I think might be a cool addition to the game. The idea is the following: Players can go inside dens. For example in slough creek when raising pups (in single player) you can go inside the den and the pups will follow you. In multiplayer if playing on either one of the slough creek maps (and on either the "Pack Life" stage or the "Raise Pups" mission) you can go inside the dens as well.

I apologize if I'm posting this a little bit to late.

(I know that this next idea will be a lot to add but just hear me out) I also thought that on occasion dispersal wolves will come into your territory to either attempt to join your pack or court one of the females, and when the dispersal wolf comes into the territory a menu pops up asking if you will let the wolf join or chase him/her out of the territory. if you decide to let the wolf join, it's added to you're pack. But if you decide to chase it away, you have to drive it out of your territory by chasing it and biting it 3 times as you would do to a stranger wolf trying to kill your pups.
:pawprint: :wolf: :pawprint: :wolf:

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm

DarkStar5566 wrote:I can't wait!!
Spoiler
Show
I have an idea for the game that I think might be a cool addition to the game. The idea is the following: Players can go inside dens. For example in slough creek when raising pups (in single player) you can go inside the den and the pups will follow you. In multiplayer if playing on either one of the slough creek maps (and on either the "Pack Life" stage or the "Raise Pups" mission) you can go inside the dens as well.

(I know that this next idea will be a lot to add but just hear me out) I also thought that on occasion dispersal wolves will come into your territory to either attempt to join your pack or court one of the females, and when the dispersal wolf comes into the territory a menu pops up asking if you will let the wolf join or chase him/her out of the territory. if you decide to let the wolf join, it's added to you're pack. But if you decide to chase it away, you have to drive it out of your territory by chasing it and biting it 3 times as you would do to a stranger wolf trying to kill your pups.
Please share any ideas you have for the game in the appropriate topic, to be found here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78137

Going inside the dens has been a highly requested feature for years, but decided against due to the difficulty in combining realism (dens happen to be very small) and satisfying gameplay. More on that here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=74985

DarkStar5566
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DarkStar5566 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Anduril wrote:
DarkStar5566 wrote:I can't wait!!
Spoiler
Show

Please share any ideas you have for the game in the appropriate topic, to be found here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78137

Going inside the dens has been a highly requested feature for years, but decided against due to the difficulty in combining realism (dens happen to be very small) and satisfying gameplay. More on that here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=74985
Thank you for informing me. I greatly appreciate that. :D

ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Oh gosh, that odd time when pups start to change haha. I remember when my german shepherd went through that phase and he just looked so bizzare.
But now he's so big and handsome! Keep up the good work devs, I can't wait to see the older pup's animations!

Kit63
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kit63 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Would it be possible for us to play pups yet? I know you have A LOT on your plate, but I was just curious if you have started that or even thought about it. I would love to be able to play as a pup in multiplayer and play as a teen pup in multiplayer with the adult wolves having to care for me in game, then I could grow up. That would be so fun and I have always wanted to do that with this game. Love all your hard work and progress and good luck!! :fox: :D <3

ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Kit63 wrote:Would it be possible for us to play pups yet? I know you have A LOT on your plate, but I was just curious if you have started that or even thought about it. I would love to be able to play as a pup in multiplayer and play as a teen pup in multiplayer with the adult wolves having to care for me in game, then I could grow up. That would be so fun and I have always wanted to do that with this game. Love all your hard work and progress and good luck!! :fox: :D <3
That would be awesome! It reminds me of the concept of Shelter 2: Paws, Saurian, and The Isle where you start out as a cub/hatchling and you have your animal parent taking care of you. Then gradually you can grow with either the more EXP you get or the time that passes. It would make WolfQuest ranks in game seem a little more fitting. Having playable stages of life in game would be very interesting! :D

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:10 pm

ValorWolf wrote:
Kit63 wrote:Would it be possible for us to play pups yet? I know you have A LOT on your plate, but I was just curious if you have started that or even thought about it. I would love to be able to play as a pup in multiplayer and play as a teen pup in multiplayer with the adult wolves having to care for me in game, then I could grow up. That would be so fun and I have always wanted to do that with this game. Love all your hard work and progress and good luck!! :fox: :D <3
That would be awesome! It reminds me of the concept of Shelter 2: Paws, Saurian, and The Isle where you start out as a cub/hatchling and you have your animal parent taking care of you. Then gradually you can grow with either the more EXP you get or the time that passes. It would make WolfQuest ranks in game seem a little more fitting. Having playable stages of life in game would be very interesting! :D
It would be fun but I believe the team is more focused on actually getting this episode/ anniversary edition rolling than playing as a pup. I'd think they might one day do this but I don't speak for them. Their main goal so far is to complete this episode and they'd also probably need a larger server with the capability to add more wolves as well to complete this as there is the pvp to consider. Even then it may be impossible for phones there's a lot on their plate so far

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:34 pm

This would be great! What about adding this setting to the Single Player setting as well, then you could play through the wolf's WHOLE life, rather than starting somewhere in the middle??? Yes or No??? What do you think?

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:55 pm

There is a game called Shelter 2 (I'm not trying to advertise, it's just a really good example) about a mother lynx raising her cubs. You can play as one of the babies, and play with your siblings (I always get knocked over by them haha), catch butterflies and small animals, hide from predators, and keep up with the mother lynx so you don't get lost. People might think playing as a pup would be boring but it really wouldn't!

I know it's not your priority but it would be a cute add-on for the future. :D

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Playing as a wolf pup (like the ones in Slough Creek) would be awfully boring.

I did suggest an idea for a tutorial mission where you play as a teen somewhere, though.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 pm

Let's stay on topic by discussing the adolescent pup rather than suggesting ideas for future expansions of WolfQuest or discussing the mechanics of other games.

Anduril already linked to the thread where you can share ideas, but I will post it again below as a reminder.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78137

Latra

Post by Latra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Awkward teenage wolf is the hero we didn't know we needed. Can't wait to see it implemented into the new game. Little awkward and gangly, aka perfect. In phrase chat there should be a, "It's not a phase mom." It'd work wonderfully with that model.

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Will they ever actually reach adult age? I love the teen wolf idea but I'd love to see them reach adult wolf too, like looking like an actual adult wolf whether or not it's a little smaller than the adult I don't mind! Even so teen Wolf is adorable! XD

-StarBender2000 :wolf:
  • Edit
I think your right, this would be awesome! But if they did I suggest it be optional when creating the game to allow players to be pups. Unfortunately this could cause problems if people killed themselves continuously as pups so that you could never continue the game! Even so I love your idea! XD :wolf:
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪