Wolf 3.0

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
Rainbywolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Wolf 3.0

Post by Rainbywolf » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:26 pm

That looks awesome! :O I'm sure 3.0 is gonna be exciting!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Pursue wrote:
Noala wrote:The eye colorations are beautiful, I can't wait to be able to apply them to my wolf!
Aside from being able to choose eye color I would also really appreciate a slightly broader color range for our wolfs coats. Maybe more differentiation between shades like browns, reds, and tans. The majority of the coat patterns already have a somewhat preset color and I tend to run into many other players who are almost or are identical to me. I'd like to a able to personalize my wolf a little further with their color and pattern so that while still being realistic my wolf can also be more unique.
I understand your point and it's the good one, Noala, but I must to say I don't wanna see unrealistic colors or accessories on multiplayer or even on wolf customize (like, blue/purple wolves, wings, tattoos). No, that's not my thing at all and I think that would ruin game of explore the realistic wolf life..
Between I agree with you about that idea of more differentiation between shades like browns, reds, and tans and about the majority of the coat patterns already have a somewhat preset color.
Oh, I interpreted shades as tints. I see browns, reds, and more tans in the coat colors as acceptable, though. I wouldn't want to see any unrealistic coat colors. Wolf pelts are often a multitude of earthy colors, anyway.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:14 pm

We know lots of folks want new coat colors. Right now we are concentrating on all sorts of other things like new animals, new code-base, new missions...We think you will be pretty pleased. But we appreciate your enthusiasm!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Cleonia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cleonia » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello! I have been with WolfQuest since this game first came out on PC (just not under this account hahah). When is this going to be added into the update for PC and IOS? please reply asap!

Much love, Cleonia

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Cleonia wrote:Hello! I have been with WolfQuest since this game first came out on PC (just not under this account hahah). When is this going to be added into the update for PC and IOS? please reply asap!

Much love, Cleonia
There is no definitive release date for the update or for Tower Fall, but an estimate was provided in the latest developer's thread under the hunt gameplay code section.
loboLoco wrote:Wolf vs. Prey Gameplay Code
Our Unity developer Tommi Horttana is currently working on prey attacks, implementing better game mechanics to make this — a core part of the game — more exciting, more challenging, and more realistic. (...) . This new gameplay will be added to the existing game later this year, if all goes well, and then be part of Tower Fall, which we’re aiming to release early in 2018
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82999

Here is what Dave has said specifically regarding the release of the new wolf model:
loboLoco wrote:We will be adding the new wolf model to all maps and modes, though not for awhile due to technical factors.

We mainly use Maya for character modeling and animation.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 0#p2499768

CHienia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: CHienia

Post by CHienia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:02 am

Oh god! This is fantastic, well, my english don't is perfect but i try ':) good job!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm

This looks amazing! I've always wanted to be able to choose eye color separately from the pelt. Does this also mean that when you lighten/darken the pelt with the sliders, will the eyes not end up super light or dark? Either way this is awesome! \o/

Emmmma
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: MrEmmma

Post by Emmmma » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Awww it looks even more realistic, keep in that way!!

Chipara
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Oshim

Post by Chipara » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Absolutely in love with this new wolf! The ears, muzzle, the fur... everything. Especially excited for the customizable eyes, I've been hoping for this since the old game! :wink:

Pale-Cloodie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Pale-Cloodie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:11 am

Great ! I can't wait till everything comes out and all!
There will be a new wolf model that definitely looks more realistic with a different mouth and eyes. Also, after the finished quest to the summer hunting grounds, we can raise our pups there, move to Tower Fall and finally hunt elk calves, fawns, and moose calves! WITH OUR PUPS!
:wolf: :wolf: :moose: :moose: :fox:

interlunar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by interlunar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 am

I have a question, will panting be automatic or something you can choose to do to regain stamina faster?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:42 pm

interlunar wrote:I have a question, will panting be automatic or something you can choose to do to regain stamina faster?
I imagine panting will be an aesthetic animation rather than something you would do manually (like the emotes), but I could be wrong.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:13 pm

This could take a lot of effort and may not be possible, but I hope one day the game will have models as realistic as in this video:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:54 pm

PearlyReborn wrote:This could take a lot of effort and may not be possible, but I hope one day the game will have models as realistic as in this video:
It would be nice, but that model also isn't for a game, though. As Dave has expressed in the most recent thread on fur:
loboLoco wrote:Hollywood movies with realistic fur require hours to render each frame, but of course we can't afford that kind of rendering time in a game -- in fact, each frame must render in less than .03 seconds.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83067

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:21 pm

:wolf: This is super exciting! I simply cannot wait for the release of this update and the new episode! :D :wolf: