Wolf 3.0

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Re: Wolf 3.0

Post by Weylenn » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm

This is looking awesome so far. Also would you guys be open to having a Patreon for early access to development news?

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:40 am

AAAAAAAA THE NEW MODEL IS SO CUTE

Glad to see you are updating older stuff. The game is gonna be SO GREAT when episode 3 comes out, and I love how you're hinting at a pawssible episode 4.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 pm

The new model looks really good - I've always hoped eye color would be customizable, and now that's going to be a reality! I'm excited to see more progress with Tower Fall O:

Glaxion
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Glaxion » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Looks pretty good :wolf:

ItsLiminal
Pup
Pup

Post by ItsLiminal » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Customizable eye colors? How cool! I'm so excited for this update.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:43 pm

that model looks stunning! I can't wait to see it in game!

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 am

This looks incredible! I can't wait to see it in game! You do amazing work, thanks for keeping us all updated

Scourgelover14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Elsa

Post by Scourgelover14 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Should add another feature like sadness or ear back or a eat back as a sign of confusin, maybe add a little barking to the wolf.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:25 am

Scourgelover14 wrote:Should add another feature like sadness or ear back or a eat back as a sign of confusin, maybe add a little barking to the wolf.
Please share any ideas and suggestions for future updates in the Ideas For New Episodes V2 topic.

As for your specific ideas; the current emote panel does include an "ears back" animation (accompanied by whining). As wolves don't actually bark, barking is not likely to be included.

Sycona
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sycona

Post by Sycona » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Okay - this sounds amazing! I cant wait. I have some ideas however. You could add fishing - wolves can do this - as can other animals. You could add in the rodents that live under the snow (cant remember their names), otter and you could add a function so that wolves can drag carcasses. Id feel that this would be very helpful - as I have been in numerous occasions where I wish that you could do this. If is in multiplayer and there are other wolves - they could help you drag it easily. Are you adding bison, sorry if you are - but it would make a more interesting experience.
Keep up the good work,
-Sycona

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Sycona wrote:Okay - this sounds amazing! I cant wait. I have some ideas however. You could add fishing - wolves can do this - as can other animals. You could add in the rodents that live under the snow (cant remember their names), otter and you could add a function so that wolves can drag carcasses. Id feel that this would be very helpful - as I have been in numerous occasions where I wish that you could do this. If is in multiplayer and there are other wolves - they could help you drag it easily. Are you adding bison, sorry if you are - but it would make a more interesting experience.
Keep up the good work,
-Sycona
Like Anduril said two posts ago, players are welcome (and encouraged!) to share their ideas and suggestions for game updates and additions in the designated thread, linked again below, which is monitored by the WolfQuest Team. Thank you. ^^
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Xun

Post by Xun » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:06 pm

A bit late, but the new model looks gorgeous! I guess we're going to get (a) new fur coat too. :wink:

Noala
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Calci

Post by Noala » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:25 pm

The eye colorations are beautiful, I can't wait to be able to apply them to my wolf!
Aside from being able to choose eye color I would also really appreciate a slightly broader color range for our wolfs coats. Maybe more differentiation between shades like browns, reds, and tans. The majority of the coat patterns already have a somewhat preset color and I tend to run into many other players who are almost or are identical to me. I'd like to a able to personalize my wolf a little further with their color and pattern so that while still being realistic my wolf can also be more unique.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Noala wrote:The eye colorations are beautiful, I can't wait to be able to apply them to my wolf!
Aside from being able to choose eye color I would also really appreciate a slightly broader color range for our wolfs coats. Maybe more differentiation between shades like browns, reds, and tans. The majority of the coat patterns already have a somewhat preset color and I tend to run into many other players who are almost or are identical to me. I'd like to a able to personalize my wolf a little further with their color and pattern so that while still being realistic my wolf can also be more unique.
Imagine running into other wolves who shared your wolf's coat color all the time in the original game. There were only a few then.

But I agree. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Pursue

Post by Pursue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Noala wrote:The eye colorations are beautiful, I can't wait to be able to apply them to my wolf!
I understand your point and it's the good one, Noala, but I must to say I don't wanna see unrealistic colors or accessories on multiplayer or even on wolf customize (like, blue/purple wolves, wings, tattoos). No, that's not my thing at all and I think that would ruin game of explore the realistic wolf life..
Between I agree with you about that idea of more differentiation between shades like browns, reds, and tans and about the majority of the coat patterns already have a somewhat preset color.