Wolf 3.0

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Re: Wolf 3.0

Post by Loach » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:42 pm

I've made a game-intended wolf model that was pretty close to that video's rendition before to practice low poly stuff. It didn't have the fur, but it had the build. My tri-limit was about 3000 and it came out to about 2890. Really wish I still had it though. Why do computers have to die.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:39 pm

I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:42 am

Windstrider wrote:I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.
Not sure what the default setting will be until I do more testing, but we will also have a Fur toggle in Game Settings so you can enable/disable it as you like.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am

loboLoco wrote:
Windstrider wrote:I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.
Not sure what the default setting will be until I do more testing, but we will also have a Fur toggle in Game Settings so you can enable/disable it as you like.
Woohoo! Hopefully the addition of fur won't cause so too much lag... I'd love to play with fur, but in a lower graphical setting.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Phasoli wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
Woohoo! Hopefully the addition of fur won't cause so too much lag... I'd love to play with fur, but in a lower graphical setting.
Given how the models utilize fur, I wouldn't be too worried about lag because of fur alone. :) I am glad to hear that the option to enable/disable fur will be available, though.

interlunar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by interlunar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 am

loboLoco wrote:
So does this mean we can have fur on low graphics settings? I would love that because the wolves look beautiful on the higher settings, but I can only run the game on lower settings.

ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for in a future update! New customization options for your wolves and maybe new coat patterns and scars. :idea:

Tlitoo
Pup
Pup
Name: T

Post by Tlitoo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 pm

It's looking great guys, and I'm happy to see it will be put into the game (relatively) soon. {My "soon" is unlike most peoples as I see the word soon can either mean a few days from now or months XD}

criatureds
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by criatureds » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:44 am

Im such excited also, finally we can choose the wolf eye's color :D :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

Wolfyyy123
Pup
Pup

Post by Wolfyyy123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Know right I can't wait to have fluffy fur and blue even claws let make WolfQuest legend to remember to having mate then having pups wow we have gone so far thanks Dave staff make it possible for to see out of an wolves eye :wolf: happy hunting to you all

0927CanisLupus0927
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 0927CanisLupus0927 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 pm

I can't wait! It'll be so much fun! I hope there is a ton of different customizations for the wolves! Can you change the fur length, claws, and how tall you can make your wolf?

Darkstripe117
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Darkstripe117 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Will I be able to get two different eye colors? Because I want to get one blue eye and one brown eye if not that's fine.
  • Post Merge
And I can't wait to see the new model's and stuff.
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Darkstripe117 wrote:Will I be able to get two different eye colors? Because I want to get one blue eye and one brown eye if not that's fine.
  • Post Merge
And I can't wait to see the new model's and stuff.
Wolves are never heterochromatic (only wolfdogs are at times) so I highly doubt it.
Wolf Q&A - Frequently Asked Questions wrote: Pure-blooded wild wolves have not been documented being bi-eyed (heterochromic; having two differently colored eyes). Heterochromia is a common trait in Northern dog breeds and low and midrange wolfdogs, but not in wolves or high-content wolfdogs.

Darkstripe117
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Darkstripe117 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks duskypack and I wish that there were Lynx/Bobcats in WQ but that's just me and again thanks. And I would like to see more wildlife game's like WQ I would like to see a Lynx Simulation by eduweb in the near future.

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:05 am

Ahhhh! This is amazing! ;3; More things to give a wolf life, and not just the new, wonderful and updated models! ;3; I do have a question though, will scars continue to be skin based for the new skins that added scared up wolves? Or will we be able to apply scars to any skin later on?
(I guess the same question goes for accessories. While I understand some like limpy + collar might not be ideal as it might make a wolf too OP or not, I wanted to know if it was possible to maybe get multiple accessories for more wolf customization later on? It would be cool for players to be able to completely customize their wolves besides just the nice eye change, while still falling into the realistic bounds WQ has always tried to achieve.)
I'm still in love with the changing eye colors though, I guess I never really bothered staring at them on the classic models just because each skin kind of had their own thing going on. But with this new addition, it's really going to make you want to look at each wolf carefully and take in every last detail. ;3;