Candid Camera

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Candid Camera

Post by loboLoco » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:31 pm

[youtube]7S-doGWQLOs[/youtube]
Video link: https://youtu.be/7S-doGWQLOs

The game is really coming together, but we’ve still got a long to-do list. Some things on it are frustrating, like the occasional pauses and stutters you see in today’s video, and some of them are moments of delight, like the new Photo Mode that let’s you freeze the action and move the camera around to take the perfect screenshot of your gameplay. We created Photo Mode to help us take exciting promotional screenshots for our new, soon-to-be-launched WolfQuest.org website, but we like it so much that we’ll include it as a feature for players to use if they like. Check it out in the video!

___When?
We are getting closer to releasing the first episode, Amethyst Mountain, for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. That will be followed by Slough Creek some months later, followed by the mobile versions. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall

___How much will WQ3 cost?
WolfQuest 3 will be a free update to players who own WolfQuest 2.7.  If you are buying WQ 3 for the first time, the cost will be more than the current game 2.7 (so it's cheaper to purchase it now and get WQ 3 as a free update). The Tower Fall expansion will be an in-game purchase (DLC).

___Will WQ3 be available on mobile?
WolfQuest is available for Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle. So yes, WolfQuest 3 will be available for mobile phones and tablets...at least some of them, and/or in some form. Bigger maps and more animals may be too much for mobile devices with limited RAM memory. We'll do our best, but some low-end mobile devices will not be powerful enough to run the game. We will keep WolfQuest 2.7 (the current game) available as well (for both computers and mobile).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

poncho0287
Pup
Pup

Re: Candid Camera

Post by poncho0287 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 pm

This is Pawesome I can't wait to use the Photo Mode and take a screenshot and uses it for my YouTube banner. ^-^ Keep up the awesome work.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 pm

What caught my eye was the new moose model. It looks amazing!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm

That is some stunning footage and amazing graphics! I'm already in love with the new Photo Mode. Amazing work!

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm

The screen shots that you can get with photo mode looks great and you can get some really good looking ones. Keep up the good work.

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow, this is just awesome. You are going to get alot of neat screenshots from this new tool! :D

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 am

This is one of the best things ever! I'm going to have sooo much fun with this!

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 am

"our new, soon-to-be-launched WolfQuest.org website"? How exciting :o

Photo mode is gonna be great. I can't wait to take selfies with all the big and dangerous wildlife moments before disaster lol

Moonstar05
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Moonstar05 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 am

The camera looks like real life. It will be really useful if you are wanting a good photo of your wolf! :wolf:

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 am

What are the computer specs to run that level of detail with the lighting, or would it affect lower models as much? And will there ever be a push for it to be on ps4?

kpdunc
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by kpdunc » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Really excited for this, hope it doesn't take long.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Oh my goodness! I hadn't watched this video in HD until now, and I have to say, this is looking great! It's good to see the progress being made here, and besides the frequent lag spikes, the game seems to be in pretty good shape. I love the idea of that new photo mode, that's going to make taking beautiful scenic pictures much easier in the new game. I enjoy taking screenshots on WolfQuest, and I imagine that I'll be taking even more screenshots when WolfQuest 3 comes out, especially with these new beautiful graphics and the photo mode. I know I'm going to have a lot of fun creating cinematic photos of the landscapes and animals in the new game!

Kastilla
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kastilla » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:52 pm

So excited! Just bought 2.7 today~ Nostalgia wrapped in new(er) graphics than all the way back in 2011. I absolutely loved capturing epic moments of my wolf howling at the sunset. Very good times.