about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Bite Club: Refining the wolf fight

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Bite Club: Refining the wolf fight

Postby Nor-easter Forecast » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:53 pm

I’m not going to recognize this game when it is released. The fighting mechanics look fantastic, even when they are broken!
Nor-easter Forecast

Postby DaniBeez » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 am

The movements of the darker circling wolves are so realistic to me! I was impressed by them the most! Although I understand the fight poses are still a WIP :P.

On a different note... for some reason, watching this particular update video brought something to my attention about the anatomy of WQ model wolves that I haven't been able to articulate before. It's been in my subconscious I guess, but I haven't been able to put my finger on it until now.

Does anyone else think that where the hind paws meet the ground seems too far forward for the neutral/not moving model pose? When I Google images of "wolf standing", the vast majority of the non-arctic wolves that are standing on a level surface have their metatarsus bones behind the hindquarters, rather than at or slightly in front of them. To me, the WQ model wolf looks like it is standing on a rounded boulder, not flat ground, because the lower part of the hind legs is farther forward than it "should" be.

Disclaimer: I'm mentioning this observation moreso to see if others agree with that opinion, rather than asking for a model change. I don't really know, but I imagine that's not a quick or high-priority tweak at this point in the project!
DaniBeez
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Rustic » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm

WOW....I keep getting sooo excited the more I see of these videos!!

Is there still going to be controller support for when this is released?...there is soo many new mechanics and such I think it will be much harder to do all of this new stuff with just a mouse and/or keyboard.
Rustic
Yearling
Yearling

Postby SilkenGalaxy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Ahhh this new video has me so excited for the update! I think it's really interesting seeing how you guys put together the fighting mechanics and refining it. It's looking really cool so far!
SilkenGalaxy

Name: Silk/Gally

Postby Windstrider » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Holy crap! The wolves look great (the fur and lighting look absolutely amazing!), and the fighting is looking really good! I especially like the fact that wolves can dodge each others' attacks; that will definitely make things more interesting.
Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Postby DragonSoul720 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:41 pm

This looks super awesome so far! This seems extremely difficult, but it looks awesome, and I can't wait to use it in the new release :3
DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup

Name: Soul

Postby NoyaTusk » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm super excited about the pvp/fighting mechanics, as we've never had them interpreted to wq before(aside from now).

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the early access stuff ;3
NoyaTusk

Name: Tuskian/Noya/Val

Postby TimberRaven » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:17 pm

It was very nice to come home to this! ^^ The wolves look so flooooooooffyy! That stranger though... its head is a club and it knows how to use it
Forget OstrichQuest, how about GiraffeQuest?
TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Name: Doge Disapproves

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog