Help support
WolfQuest 3 development!

Donate button

Follow us on social media
to see the latest news
about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Good Mate Hunting

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby loboLoco » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 pm

StarFoosh wrote:I was wondering, will multiplayer for amethyst mountain be available when the new amethyst mountain gameplay/map is released later this year?


We hope so, but it might be added a bit later.

Desulto wrote:I’m kind of confused. The FAQ makes the new release sound to me like WQ 3 will be both an individual computer app release and an update to the existing 2.7 app. Am I mishearing things? Also, will Lost River be included in 3?


How we deliver it will vary some (whether a new app or update of 2.7), depending on platform and storefront...it gets complicated. Lost River will be included at some point.

IceaPlayzPC wrote:How long does the daylight cycle last, from one sunrise to the next sunrise?


We're still tuning that.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby XxDestinyHeartxX » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Finally, the mates will hunt well!! Question: Will you be able to call the mates off when you’re trying to herd the elk, or will herding an injured elk no longer be a thing?
User avatar
XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:10 pm
Location: Where “Hoomans” live
Name: Destiny/Dest
Gender: Female

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby Poa » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:31 am

I have a question, if you're uploading each world in stages, what are you going to do about things like new animal models, animations and behaviours? Will our wolves look different and need to drink when Amethyst Mountain comes out? Or when Tower Falls comes out? Or somewhere in between?
User avatar
Poa
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: Canada
Name: Twister
Gender: Female

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby Auburn_CardinalWolf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Super excited for this! It looks wonderful, jolly good show :) very realistic. Didn't I hear something about wolves needing to drink water in WQ3? I think that would be really cool and I support that idea, I think it'd be nice and realistic if you get the thirstiest when you're running around chasing elk, otherwise you'd only need to drink every know and again but it should help replenish your stamina, just a thought :) I'd also love a cute drinking animation with the wolf's tongue lapping water lol :) Lovely progress, can't wait for WQ3!
User avatar
Auburn_CardinalWolf
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:57 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby Angelily507 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:09 am

hey i was thinking that after you kill an animal that around the wolf's mouth could be some blood like in real life.

EDIT: i had an idea for when your hunting, so in real life an wolf pack can identify if an animal is sick,injured extra, well i was wondering if that could be put into the game.
Last edited by Koa on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding information from double-post.
Angelily507
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:22 am
Name: lily
Gender: Female

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby Koa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:39 am

Auburn_CardinalWolf wrote:Super excited for this! It looks wonderful, jolly good show :) very realistic. Didn't I hear something about wolves needing to drink water in WQ3? I think that would be really cool and I support that idea, I think it'd be nice and realistic if you get the thirstiest when you're running around chasing elk, otherwise you'd only need to drink every know and again but it should help replenish your stamina, just a thought :) I'd also love a cute drinking animation with the wolf's tongue lapping water lol :) Lovely progress, can't wait for WQ3!


Yes. Hydration will be a mechanic in WolfQuest 3.
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82877

Angelily507 wrote:hey i was thinking that after you kill an animal that around the wolf's mouth could be some blood like in real life.

EDIT: i had an idea for when your hunting, so in real life an wolf pack can identify if an animal is sick,injured extra, well i was wondering if that could be put into the game.


In the future, please edit your post instead of double-posting.

In the current version of WolfQuest, some elk have had slightly lower health bars than others.
User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 23151
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby Pepper » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 am

Poa wrote:I have a question, if you're uploading each world in stages, what are you going to do about things like new animal models, animations and behaviours? Will our wolves look different and need to drink when Amethyst Mountain comes out? Or when Tower Falls comes out? Or somewhere in between?


WQ3 will be a new game and won't replace the old one (even though we are calling it an update because it is free to everyone who owns the current game). For PC/Mac, we plan to release WolfQuest 3 as a new app on your computer, so you can keep WQ 2.7 and play either version of the game at any time. (On mobile, we are still working on the plan, since app stores are more restrictive about app upgrades.) The WQ3 Amethyst Mountain will have drinking water and all the new features and systems.

WQ3 will use the same player accounts as 2.7. You’ll be able to log into WQ3 and import your existing wolves–– so yes, they will look different as they will b the new models. However, your old-style wolves will remain available in 2.7.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.
User avatar
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Eduweb world headquarters
Gender: Female

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby LamarWolf » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:50 pm

I've been thinking about the elk and hunting in Wolfquest3 and have some questions. Will bull elk and moose have different antler sizes and with bull elk be easier to hunt in winter especially late winter while they're recovering from winter and the rut? Thanks.
User avatar
LamarWolf
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Postby roguemoon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:08 pm

LamarWolf wrote:I've been thinking about the elk and hunting in Wolfquest3 and have some questions. Will bull elk and moose have different antler sizes and with bull elk be easier to hunt in winter especially late winter while they're recovering from winter and the rut? Thanks.


Since those features already exist in the current game I imagine they still will in the update.
User avatar
roguemoon
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests



WolfQuest

Tech Support  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use and Privacy Policy  |  Abuse Reports

© 2005- Eduweb