about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

The Story So Far

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: The Story So Far

Postby Kitsuma » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm

This is so exciting! I remember being frustrated back when it first came out and I played it. There were things made and and done that in my opinion was really subtracting from how good this game could be. I stopped playing because of it, but when you all first announced these updates, I just looked and was like, "Well that's cool." But I didn't think it would go anywhere. (I was a non-believer. For shame.)

But now, I am hopeful again. I am excited. I voted for WQ to be a buy to play game knowing that a lot of people would be willing to spend 10 bucks, and if it didn't go anywhere, it was just 10 dollars. I am so glad that WQ is going places. The game is starting to graphically look really good, the mechanics looks like it is going to make me feel like I actually am the wolf and feel more involved, and overall is looking better and better every week. I've begun looking forward to every Thursday just to see these updates.
Kitsuma
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Postby poncho0287 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:55 pm

This is so exciting and I can wait and I am very patient. And it's worth the wait ^^
poncho0287
Pup
Pup

Postby SilkenGalaxy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:14 am

Like many others have said, this is exciting news! I'm more than happy to wait for a well polished game, but it's nice knowing you'll break down the update into smaller releases, it just sounds like it's easier for everyone involved.
SilkenGalaxy

Name: Silk/Gally

Postby TimberRaven » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:25 am

This video lifted my spirits. :D How many games are as realistic and complex as this? And the end... Dave's a great guy when it comes to humor and bloopers! XD
The WQ Team is amazing and the fact that they're excited that we're excited makes me even more excited that they're excited about the game (that's five exciteds in one sentence)!
Seeing about half the earlier videos being combined into one, it made me want to wait to enjoy the feeling, and just listen to what Dave had to say. I had forgotten all about the poor beavers until I re-watched the video! :beaver:
A howl to the incredible WQ Team!
TimberRaven

Name: Doge Disapproves

Postby loboLoco » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm

TimberRaven wrote:I had forgotten all about the poor beavers

Same here!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby Bushmeat » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Bushmeat wrote:Imagine if you became known as the team behind Putt the Planets, and were hastily working on all new putt mechanics for PtP3: Black Hole Sandpit edition, because the fans were clamoring for more mini-golf action!

Hey, don't count Putt the Planets out yet! Gonna get back to that just as soon as we've caught up on WolfQuest stuff....

I'm eagerly awaiting the WQ/PtP crossover. Finally, I'll be able to putt my way to glory in exciting Yellowstone terrain, complete with grizzly bear hazards :wink:

loboLoco wrote:

Same here!

Me three! It's like Lost River all over again..
Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Postby Noella » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:35 am

I am happy to wait for the game! I may not post much here as much as I used to but I do get notification for the youtube videos and I am very excited, and patient, for this epically restored version of wolfquest. The improvements definitely have the older version looking very bland. As you said Dave, the wait will be worth it!
Noella
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Name: Amber

Postby airbones » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm late, but very exciting news! I really appreciate all you staff for really putting your hearts and souls into this game. The end product is going to be so worth all the hard work! You all are wonderful for keeping the community in the loop with these updates. They always make my day. <3
airbones

Name: Raz

Postby TimberRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:46 pm

loboLoco wrote:

Same here!

um... XD
ooh you're busted for a two-word post :lol:
And I keep rewatching the video because it makes me happy, this is my fifth time watching... :3
TimberRaven

Name: Doge Disapproves

Postby Windstrider » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 pm

wolf8484 wrote:
Yes, anyone who purchased the game on Steam or itch.io (via WolfQuest.org) can get it -- it'll just be a second game that you can download.

Okay, thank you Dave. Just making sure :D

So since my mom is technically the one who purchased it (and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have that email anymore since it was ages ago), how do players who have purchased the game prove we purchased it? Sorry if this has already been answered and I just scrolled past it by accident or something. I don't have a copy of the email, but I do remember that she bought the game on itch.io.
Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind

Postby IceaPlayzPC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:48 pm

While i am excited for this update... i have a question.

Will the new updated wolf and hunting mechanics and other widespread game stuff be available in the old 2km x 2km maps or will all of the new stuff be exclusive to the amethyst mountain map for the early access update? I understand the only updated map for the update currently will be amethyst mountain but i'm just wondering if the new wolf in particular will be shown and played in all the maps that aren't updated.

Thanks in advance ^^
IceaPlayzPC

Name: Icea.

Postby The_Wumbologist » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:17 am

How much will we be able to alter the graphics settings? For example, if I wanted to get rid of shadows and keep everything else, could I do that? Will we be able to customize the render distance? How about the detail of distant objects? If anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering are in the game, will we be able to turn them down or off?

I'm asking because my computer can be very finicky with what settings do and do not cause lag in a game. For example, Skyrim (not the Special Edition) runs fine on the highest settings with several gorgeous HD texture mods installed, but if, and only if, I turn off anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and FXAA, and set the shadows to Medium. However, running the current version of WolfQuest at Beautiful settings gets me only 20-25 FPS.

Also, the current game's lower settings (below Beautiful) cause the wolves to lose all their pretty fur, making them look lanky and thin. Their tails especially are twice as thin as they are on the higher settings. It would make me and many other users very thankful if you could work on a special model of the wolves in WQ3 without their fur applied to make up for the lost mass and shape. We want wolves to look their absolute best and most realistic, no matter the device!

There is an amazing mod for Skyrim and a great example of what the wolves could look like without fur applied (I'm not sure how realistic they are, though): "True Wolves of Skyrim"
The_Wumbologist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Bethany

Postby x1103 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:01 am

I just realized that this is more interesting for me to read while drinking my morning coffee than the news... :lol:

Also, it hurts a little to know it will be a while before the entire game is released, but these updates do lift my spirit and it is awesome that you might be able to release at least Amethyst Mountain early. That's fair enough I think. And everyone is right, you should take all the time you need. We'll wait no matter how long it takes.

Hiljaa hyvä tulee. :)

Ps: Maybe we will se an update about how the new version of Amethyst Mountain will affect things?
x1103
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby loboLoco » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:26 am

IceaPlayzPC wrote:Will the new updated wolf and hunting mechanics and other widespread game stuff be available in the old 2km x 2km maps or will all of the new stuff be exclusive to the amethyst mountain map for the early access update? I understand the only updated map for the update currently will be amethyst mountain but i'm just wondering if the new wolf in particular will be shown and played in all the maps that aren't updated.

WQ3 is a new game with all the new stuff. WQ 2.7 will remain as it is.

Windstrider wrote:So since my mom is technically the one who purchased it (and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have that email anymore since it was ages ago), how do players who have purchased the game prove we purchased it? Sorry if this has already been answered and I just scrolled past it by accident or something. I don't have a copy of the email, but I do remember that she bought the game on itch.io.

You can recover your purchase receipt from itch.io, instructions in the Support/Knowledge Base here on our site.

The_Wumbologist wrote:How much will we be able to alter the graphics settings?

Game Settings will have more fine-grained options for graphics quality.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby StarFoosh » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:49 pm

When in multiplayer and raising pups, when you go on the journey to the summer rendezvous, the pups only follow the wolf/person who hosted the game. At least this has been my experience and I was wondering if that would/could be different in wolfquest 3? Like, maybe the pups would follow the closest adult wolf or something? I am just curious. Thanks :)
StarFoosh
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Lou

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog