You Had Me at Playbow

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

User avatar
D0m
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:14 am
Name: Dominik
Gender: Male
Location: Hell

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by D0m » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

i love these new mechanics so much and the new system seems like an awesome addition to the game. i'm looking forward to further updates on the social arena area of the game.

noteris
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 am
Gender: Female

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by noteris » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 am

This looks amazing! I love the new wolf models. I noticed that these beautiful girls are from the Hoodoo Pack. May I ask what packs will be in Wolfquest 3? I was curious about this since I found out about the unfortunate ends of the Druid and Specimen packs. I’ve tried to find information about packs currently in Yellowstone but I can only find a photo of territories from 2016. So, I’m curious if we could get a teaser of the new pack names?

The game looks great and I look forward to seeing more updates of its progress.

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12758
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Koa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:31 am

noteris wrote:This looks amazing! I love the new wolf models. I noticed that these beautiful girls are from the Hoodoo Pack. May I ask what packs will be in Wolfquest 3? I was curious about this since I found out about the unfortunate ends of the Druid and Specimen packs. I’ve tried to find information about packs currently in Yellowstone but I can only find a photo of territories from 2016. So, I’m curious if we could get a teaser of the new pack names?

The game looks great and I look forward to seeing more updates of its progress.
Seems like the Hoodoo pack is defunct according to the same source where you likely found the 2016 map, which also does not include the Hoodoo pack. I usually go to them for wolf packs, but I suppose it hasn't been updated in some time.

noteris
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 am
Gender: Female

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by noteris » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:51 am

Koa wrote:
noteris wrote:This looks amazing! I love the new wolf models. I noticed that these beautiful girls are from the Hoodoo Pack. May I ask what packs will be in Wolfquest 3? I was curious about this since I found out about the unfortunate ends of the Druid and Specimen packs. I’ve tried to find information about packs currently in Yellowstone but I can only find a photo of territories from 2016. So, I’m curious if we could get a teaser of the new pack names?

The game looks great and I look forward to seeing more updates of its progress.
Seems like the Hoodoo pack is defunct according to the same source where you likely found the 2016 map, which also does not include the Hoodoo pack. I usually go to them for wolf packs, but I suppose it hasn't been updated in some time.
It is heartbreaking looking at all the defunct packs. On the bright side, when looking at the current wolves page it looks like the Lamar Canyon, Junction Bute and Wapiti Lake packs are still being spotted in 2018. The last time a wolf from Molle’s pack was spotted was in 2017. Trying to learn more about the wolves in Yellowstone is a wild ride for your heartstrings.

User avatar
sophiaww
Pup
Pup
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by sophiaww » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:25 am

This is amazing!! The emotes run smoothly and I like how you can actually interact with other wolves. I saw that when you look at a wolf it also shows there coat colors but how do you tell the difference between Kk and KK wolves? Also I know wolves don't really fight each other that much but if you meet hostile wolves will it sometimes come to the point where you will fight a little bit? Will we be able to join other pack and the rest of the pack will help you take care of the pups? Or will you have to make your own pack with your mate? Keep up the good work WolfQuest!!!! :wolf:
Last edited by sophiaww on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by loboLoco » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 am

Koa wrote:Seems like the Hoodoo pack is defunct according to the same source where you likely found the 2016 map, which also does not include the Hoodoo pack. I usually go to them for wolf packs, but I suppose it hasn't been updated in some time.
I think the Hoodoo pack still exists (at least as of 2017), but east of the park nowadays. (I did some research to find packs that were in the Greater Yellowstone Area as well as in the park, for these dispersals.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

User avatar
Black Burn
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm
Name: BB for short
Gender: Male
Location: Being the Alpha
Contact:

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Black Burn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:30 pm

This is the most amazing video I've seen yet! It looks just like multiplayer but better! The way the NPC wolves act and look was so realistic! And I loved how they look around at each other when the camera moved! I can't wait for this! I'm dying to try all this out with my main wolf,! But of coarse, I'll wait patiently!

Keep up the beautiful work WolfQuest Team!

User avatar
Neamara
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 5560
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: No Hope
Contact:

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Neamara » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 pm

It really is refreshing to see dynamic wolves wandering around and being so expressive! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this in action for myself in the future. ^^ Good job!
That's a good blooper right there. I think that dispersal could win dear old Floppy's heart~ :P

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12758
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Koa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:53 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Koa wrote:Seems like the Hoodoo pack is defunct according to the same source where you likely found the 2016 map, which also does not include the Hoodoo pack. I usually go to them for wolf packs, but I suppose it hasn't been updated in some time.
I think the Hoodoo pack still exists (at least as of 2017), but east of the park nowadays. (I did some research to find packs that were in the Greater Yellowstone Area as well as in the park, for these dispersals.)
Ah, makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
sophiaww wrote:This is amazing!! The emotes run smoothly and I like how you can actually interact with other wolves. I saw that when you look at a wolf it also shows there coat colors but how do you tell the difference between Kk wolves and KK wolves? Also I know wolves don't really fight each other that much but if you meet hostile wolves will it sometimes come to the point where you will fight a little bit? Will we be able to join other pack and the rest of the pack will help you take care of the pups? Or will you have to make your own pack with your mate? Keep up the good work WolfQuest!!!! :wolf:
Regarding the Kk and KK wolves, you'll want to look at this thread, if you haven't already.

User avatar
paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 4362
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by paperpaws » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 pm

For those curious, the paper shown in the video can be accessed here (all you need is an academia.edu account): https://www.academia.edu/24168632/The_a ... _wolf_pack

The preview looks very beautiful and I love how diverse the wolves are in appearance and behaviour alike. Can't wait to play around with this.

I think rapidly running backwards could make for a great genetic addition to the family.

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Bushmeat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Am I tired and mistaken, or wouldn't the lower genetic variation mean that the older female might have had a parent more closely related to the player- not less?

Regardless, the open space courtship looks fantastic :)

User avatar
Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Windstrider » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:51 pm

The new courtship system and wolf personalities make things really interesting and less predictable, and the head tracking is a pretty cool addition.

PureKlutz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:19 pm
Name: Kat
Gender: Female

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by PureKlutz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 pm

This is super exciting! I'm loving this larger open world! This is going to make the pre-pup part of the game much more exciting! (Plus, doing lots of exploration pre-pups)

User avatar
Figero11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 pm
Gender: Female

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Figero11 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 pm

I love the new system! I always felt that the turn based arena was a bit clunky and too easy. I especially like that there are new emotes ^3^ I was wondering if we will be able to assign hotkeys to our favorite emotes so we don't have to open the menu. I know that playbow and growl are already set to keys but some of the new emotes I might like to use more frequently .D.

User avatar
CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:21 am
Gender: Female

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Figero11 wrote:I was wondering if we will be able to assign hotkeys to our favorite emotes so we don't have to open the menu. I know that playbow and growl are already set to keys but some of the new emotes I might like to use more frequently .D.
This was mentioned briefly in the Emote Yourself post. ^^
loboLoco wrote:This new Emotes panel not only accommodates ten new emotes (for a total of 18, with room to add more in the future), but it lets you customize it by choosing which emotes should appear in the default “Favorites” category. You’ll also be able to assign hotkeys to each emote for even faster selection. (For the tail actions, we know players would like to do these while engaged in other actions, and we have that on our wish list.)

Post Reply

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”