You Had Me at Playbow

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: You Had Me at Playbow

Post by Koa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm

So, Dave, what happens if YOU are the lazy wolf? Go for the more responsible ones I guess? (:

This video really showcases the new wolf models and fur shaders-- and improved AI! Great work!

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea.

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm

I love this video so much... i almost killed myself laughing at the broken wolf blooper that just decided to come say hi XD

Good work, Dave <3 I'd take some time getting used to this new mechanic but it'll be fun in the end <3

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 pm

The new wolf models are beautiful, as are the animations even though you say they still need refinement! Amazing to see how everything is coming together, thanks for sharing.

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 pm

This will make a huge difference to my overall enjoyment of the game, can't wait.

airbones
Name: Raz

Post by airbones » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Oh my gosh, this is a huge change and I am so in love with it! The new system looks so nice? I was wondering how the UI would look outside of the 2D arena and you guys have surpassed my expectations. These new updates showing off the models and animations and AI are now my favorites - it’s making me so excited to see how it all comes together.

I’m with everyone who’s super intrigued about less friendly interactions for sure, and I’m curious as to what stage 2 of courtship will entail? Looking forward to more updates!

DispersedHowl100
Pup
Pup
Name: Frost

Post by DispersedHowl100 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 pm

WOW! This is so good! But I have a request can you add Bison into the Game? My Cousins just went to Yellowstone and in most of the pictures had Bison in them! Oh, Also I think it would be interesting if other wildlife ( Prey Items, or Predators ) would respond to emotes! Well, I love the new system! Keep up the GREAT work! :wolf:

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 pm

DispersedHowl100 wrote:WOW! This is so good! But I have a request can you add Bison into the Game? My Cousins just went to Yellowstone and in most of the pictures had Bison in them! Oh, Also I think it would be interesting if other wildlife ( Prey Items, or Predators ) would respond to emotes! Well, I love the new system! Keep up the GREAT work! :wolf:
Dave has stated already that the team is planning on eventually adding bison to the game. :)
loboLoco wrote:(Bison are not listed here because we already plan to add them in the future.)
Source: Vote for a New Animal! http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... n#p2517596

Sableback
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Sableback » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Man, I've been waiting for this blog post ever since y'all mentioned revamping the courtship system!!
You guys really went out and beyond with Wolfquest 3, it looks incredible. (Also the wolf model with the new fur - I can't get over how good it looks.)

Also great to see that blooper. :)
Floppy wolf strikes again :wolf:

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Koa wrote:So, Dave, what happens if YOU are the lazy wolf?
Hey now! ....well, but I've been called worse. Fortunately I found myself an energetic mate.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Koa wrote:So, Dave, what happens if YOU are the lazy wolf?
Hey now! ....well, but I've been called worse. Fortunately I found myself an energetic mate.
Hahaha nooo, I meant the player themselves-- as in me! :mrgreen:

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 pm

I like the idea of basically 'joining into' the small pack of dispersal wolves, and being able to have them tag along during pup rearing. Would make things a little more interesting, but I don't mind only having to choose one wolf to stay with for life. Though I also understand the other wolves in said dispersal pack wanting to go off to find their own mate, which would make sense, maybe much later when it's already released it can be a feature implemented as something that rarely happens?

Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

Post by Lebron BMT » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:32 pm

Will we be able to fight stranger wolves?

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 am

The new courtship looks pretty fun! I'm just a little curious about something... Will we be able to encounter small dispersal groups of mixed genders? Like maybe two males and a female, or something like that.

Also, the wolf that can run backwards is very talented. With skill like that, she might turn out to be a useful companion.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 am

ForeverEverest wrote:The new courtship looks pretty fun! I'm just a little curious about something... Will we be able to encounter small dispersal groups of mixed genders? Like maybe two males and a female, or something like that.
Dispersal wolves travel with same-sex siblings (according to Dan Stahler, wolf biologist at Yellowstone and one of our science advisors). Within a pack, of course, males and females travel together...and it's possible that they might come across a dispersal who catches the interest of one them enough to leave the pack. We may include that type of thing if we have time.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 am

LamarWolf wrote:It looks great. I love it. But one question, in the wild I've heard of siblings joining a single dispersal with only one becoming the breeding wolf. Would this happen in Wolfquest 3?
We're going to keep this simple and more typical, with two wolves forming a pack. Other combinations can happen but are less common and get complicated.
Lebron BMT wrote:Will we be able to fight stranger wolves?
Stay tuned!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”