A Little Elk Music

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Re: A Little Elk Music

Post by Phasoli » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 pm

I love watching Tim Buzza play his music because you can really tell that he's having so much fun with it, haha. That new track sounds wonderful. When the new game comes out, I'm definitely going to play with the music on. The way that your mate checks up on you is adorable! It's those little things like that that really help to bring the mate NPC to life!

MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup
Name: Mystery

Post by MysteryFoxSpirt » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:36 pm

loboLoco wrote: Here my mate and I are hunting elk together. My mate is pretty social, so she likes to keep an eye on me as we run together — and she does indeed bite elk too, though that’s not shown in any of these shots. How bold your mate is about selecting and attacking elk will depend upon their personality. In multiplayer games, several wolves can attack the same elk, biting the front and rear legs during the chase.
So, on the personality thing. When they are Social, the check in on you. Make sure your still at their side. If they are Loner, they would probably stray from you in the chase.

The next personality Cautious and Bold. If they are bold, they will hunt and attack elk with you. If they are cautious, they probably will stay back and let you do the hunting.

And the last one. Energetic and Lazy. These two aren't shown, so here is what I think a wolf will do in the hunt depending on its personality. If they are Energetic, they will probably bolt ahead, and be very excited for the Chase. If they are Lazy, they will probably stick far behind you and the chase.

Now the multiplayer part. Will it be possible to trip the elk if four players are attacking the legs at once? They elk would float. Because I saw it limp in the How to Bite an Elk video, and this one too. If all legs are being attacked, in real life, it will trip and fall. I would be cool tho. Four wolves (And more hanging behind) attacking an elk at once. That's what I call PackWork!

Keep it up. I know where getting close to that first release of Wq3.
:moose: :fox: :bear: :squirrel: :wolf:

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 pm

I love the music! Sounds like something I would listen to on my way to wherever I'm going! It's adorable that the mate looks at you! Now I know the kind of mate I want! Thank you guys for all you do!

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:55 pm

wolfadore wrote:I love the music! Sounds like something I would listen to on my way to wherever I'm going! It's adorable that the mate looks at you! Now I know the kind of mate I want! Thank you guys for all you do!
Actually... i feel the same way! When the game releases i'm buying the soundtrack and muting the game to listen to this soundtrack and just run across the map ^^

I'd love a social and energetic mate... that would be awesome ^^ Its just an amazing thing to see your mate look back at you and be like "Oh hai how are you doing sweetie?" its just so CUTE <33

Although i wont complain if i dont get the personality i want... in fact i am also rooting to get surprised by my mate's personality when the game releases!

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:08 am

IceaPlayzPC wrote:
wolfadore wrote:I love the music! Sounds like something I would listen to on my way to wherever I'm going! It's adorable that the mate looks at you! Now I know the kind of mate I want! Thank you guys for all you do!
Actually... i feel the same way! When the game releases i'm buying the soundtrack and muting the game to listen to this soundtrack and just run across the map ^^

I'd love a social and energetic mate... that would be awesome ^^ Its just an amazing thing to see your mate look back at you and be like "Oh hai how are you doing sweetie?" its just so CUTE <33

Although i wont complain if i dont get the personality i want... in fact i am also rooting to get surprised by my mate's personality when the game releases!
Honestly the mate personalities are one of the things I'm looking forward to most- I think it'll decrease the repetitiveness when replaying the game and add to replay value.

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:33 am

roguemoon wrote:
IceaPlayzPC wrote:

Honestly the mate personalities are one of the things I'm looking forward to most- I think it'll decrease the repetitiveness when replaying the game and add to replay value.
Exactly! I've always kind of gotten bored of the mate just running around and just doing their mate stuff.... The personalities would make the game more flavourful.... maybe some of the new music in the game may fit them.... or maybe a certain song will play after you get a mate that will hint at their personality.

SnowSprite
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SnowSprite » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:21 am

I love it, but is this soundtrack going to replace the one we have already? Or is it going to be like Lost River where Tower Fall gets it's own unique soundtrack? Because I really don't want to see the old elk music go. Here's why:

This sounds a lot happier that the elk music in Amethyst Mountain. When you start the game in Amethyst, you're alone as a dispersal with no pack. I imagine taking down a huge animal by yourself would be quite scary for a wolf, which is why the "foreboding" tone of the hunting theme works. After the events of Slough Creek, you have your own pack and you can enjoy hunting with your mate, so the "happy" hunting theme sounds nice here.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 am

Ahhh love the new music! I like how upbeat and exciting it is! Also the mate checking up on your wolf is a really cute detail! Loved the hunting clips, they look great!

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am

SnowSprite wrote:I love it, but is this soundtrack going to replace the one we have already? Or is it going to be like Lost River where Tower Fall gets it's own unique soundtrack? Because I really don't want to see the old elk music go. Here's why:

This sounds a lot happier that the elk music in Amethyst Mountain. When you start the game in Amethyst, you're alone as a dispersal with no pack. I imagine taking down a huge animal by yourself would be quite scary for a wolf, which is why the "foreboding" tone of the hunting theme works. After the events of Slough Creek, you have your own pack and you can enjoy hunting with your mate, so the "happy" hunting theme sounds nice here.
In the beginning if this blog entry video, Dave states that all of the original soundtracks are being kept:
They're adding new tracks as well and the video explains more in depth about the adaptive music mentioned in this video.

So my guess is, the music that plays when you find the herd will play when you find the herd in WQ 3, when you chase them this one plays, and when you bite the soundtrack that plays when you bite in 2.7 will still play.. and all might be layered from the adaptive system at times.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:18 pm

i'm a big fan of soundtracks in general, so hearing this is so wonderful for me. i love the music. wonderful work on this. and the hunting animations look really good in action. the wolf's run looks pretty good despite the troubles already. it's great to see how far the game has come over time and all the hard work and effort you're putting into it pay off.

poncho0287
Pup
Pup

Post by poncho0287 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:25 pm

I love the new music it fits so perfectly. And that you're mate is checking up on you while you are running after the elks.

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Post by Gillato » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Gosh Wow! i really like that music!! i mean i really feel like i'm a wolf and i'm really riping out that grass to get to the elk!!
And i feel so free listening to this :D))

Tote's Amazing Job Tim!!~ :pawprint:

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Amazing! I love the soundtrack, it goes perfectly with the tense hunt! Also a good look at the new hunting techniques!

Keep up the beautiful work WolfQuest Team!

BEllis
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BEllis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Looks like the music will be even better. Love the music. Incredible job Tim! Can't wait to hear other new tracks.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Everything looks amazing, and I love the new music so much! And I think especially with the new, bigger, terrains, the music kind of conveys a sense of freedom and energy, in my opinion.