about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

For Better or For Worse

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: For Better or For Worse

Postby AmberZeWolf » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Hm, getting your mate to have these traits that are in the center, like not too cautious but not too bold, would be nice now that someone mentions something like that.
AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Gillato » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 pm

For me i would really like to have a bold wolf as a mate, because i am very Bold i have confronted many cougar's and bear's and taken down bull elk's by myself'
.and my worst mate was in this previous Wolfquest, he would not let me feed the pup's or even carry them! he kept blocking me from them.
i was like whaaat??

but anyway's i really like this new mate thing' Thank's guy's~
Gillato
Pup
Pup

Name: Vigilante'

Postby sophiaww » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:53 pm

This is amazing I would want a cautious mate that works hard. ( so for a change I won't be doing ALL the work! ) In my opinion all of my mates acted the same so I can't say which one is the best and worst mate. The thing I hated a lot is when you have to cross the river and your mate will grab a pup and run around the world/map with the pup. The pup is starving and your mate won't drop the pup so then you have I choice, Either I save the pup by chasing down my mate and risking the other pups life, or I sacrifice my pup and save the others. ( I usually save the pup and then I get lucky and all the pups survive ) I have a question will the can the pups have those personalities too? Say there was a bear and me and my mate were fighting it, If I had a very bold pup would it get a bit closer to the bear? Would the bold pup be more likely to wander off? Anyway, there are some other problem with mates where they run away or they get stuck in the river ( That glitch might be fixed along with some others ) etc. Keep up the good work WolfQuest! :wolf:
sophiaww
Pup
Pup

Postby SilkenGalaxy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Ahhh I'm really excited to see this addition in game! This will definitely make the game far more interesting and fun!
SilkenGalaxy

Name: Silk/Gally

Postby paytiec0811 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

I am so excited for this update! I remember when the first game came out! I've always been in love with wolves and I like the more realistic approach to the Anniversary Edition! Good luck in making this possible! :D
paytiec0811
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Winterforest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am

In all my singleplayer games since the very first game, I have had only those lazy mates who wouldn't do anything. I had to fight everything by myself while hunting to keep the pups fed. But the worst was my last singleplayer game where my mate just ran off and was nowhere to be found while I had to manage to get all of my pups safe and sound to the rendez-vous point.
Winterforest
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Winter

Postby SnowSprite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:12 am

Oh this is great! This will make finding a mate much more fun!
I'd probably like a bold mate because I love killing animals in WolfQuest. And mates in 2.7, apart from helping you hunt elk, don't really kill anything so I have to do it alone.

That being said, I've had terrible mates before that literally couldn't be bothered to cross the whole river with a pup so they would dump it in the MIDDLE of the river before coming back for the next one... the nerve XD
SnowSprite
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby sophiaww » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 pm

In the video I think the wolf’s mate was very lazy, bold, and a loner. I like how sometimes you can tell the wolf’s personality. I also have a question will the personality’s affect what wolves say when you meet them say, if you met a wolf at the edge of the wolf’s territory and it was a very bold wolf. Since that wolf is bold would that make it immediately tell you to get out of it’s packs territory? Also would it affect what a wolf says if your at the border of the packs territory or if your in the packs territory? If you were at the border will the wolf say “get away from our territory!”?If you were IN the packs territory would the wolf say, “go away this is our territory get out of here!”? Anyway keep up the good work wolfquest!
sophiaww
Pup
Pup

Postby Emberflare » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Ah, gosh, coming back to WolfQuest after a few years away...I still remember all of the mishaps with my wolves' various mates. One in particular simply glitched and started stalking off to the edges of the map, and nothing I did could get him to come back. (Can't recall what happened with pups on that one.) Others would pick up a starving pup, run around in large circles until the pup was almost dead, then immediately feed it back to full health. And yet others would spend the ENTIRE pup-rearing time constantly racing back and forth between the nearest hunting grounds and the den, feeding all four pups to full health instantly when they got back. I loved those mates the best. :P

Can't wait to see the new mates' personalities! I think I'd want my wolf to find a cautious, social, energetic mate: one that will focus on keeping the pups safe and fed, but who won't blindly charge into danger and risk getting killed. I can't forget the one and only time I lost a pup permanently because I forgot to save the game beforehand and my mate did absolutely nothing. Just stood there and wagged his tail while a bear killed our only white pup. In all my time playing WolfQuest since then, I was absolutely hyper-vigilant about keeping those precious fluffballs safe. If a mate could actually HELP me with that...well, that'd be fantastic. :D
Emberflare
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Postby Kitsuma » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Nice! Super excited for it. As for mates, most of mine have been meh, but there was this one time. Many years ago, I think it was a glitch, but it made this mate the worst one ever. I was at the Saddle Meadow's den site. My mate just randomly picked up a pup, took it to the river and drowned it. It then did it to a second one. Worst mate ever.
Kitsuma
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Postby sophiaww » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:53 pm

So if you mate dies you can search for a new mate. The only thing I'm wondering about this is how do you get a new mate or even a mate at all. Will you have to get 800 experience then go to a random pack? Or will getting a mate be even cooler and more realistic in this version. Keep up the good work WolfQuest :wolf:
Last edited by sophiaww on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
sophiaww
Pup
Pup

Postby loboLoco » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:56 pm

sophiaww wrote:Will you have to get 800 experience then go to a random pack? Or will getting a mate be even cooler and more realistic in this version.

Cooler and more realistic :)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby MysteryFoxSpirt » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm

loboLoco wrote:
sophiaww wrote:Will you have to get 800 experience then go to a random pack? Or will getting a mate be even cooler and more realistic in this version.

Cooler and more realistic :)

Lol. Of course. Oh. I also forgot to put what mate i would want.
Social: 75% Social. Would work for me. GO HAVE SOME ALONE TIME WHEN U NEED.
Bold: 55% Bold. Don't want them to get themselves killed do we? Mate: Ooo, a bear. *Runs right at it* Me: Wait! Mate: *Gets killed, and mate forever death is on* Me: Aw snap...
Energetic: 70% Energetic. Need my mate to be hard working, just like me! All mates should be hard working. Want those pups to live?

I don't truly believe a mate like this is real tho. I would rather not have a Loner, Cautious, Lazy mate, would i?

Keep it up! :wolf:
MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup

Name: Mystery

Postby LamarWolf » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 am

I would want a mate that is really attentive and would put it self in danger for the pups. I did have a mate that was a great hunting partner and another mate which was a loner and hunted all on her own and was really good with the pups.
LamarWolf
Pup
Pup

Postby el wolfo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:44 am

Once i had a mate who drowned all my pups =(
el wolfo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog