What's Your Favorite Howl?

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Choose Your Favorite Howl

Howl 1
22%
Howl 2
4%
Howl 3
4%
Howl 4
7%
Howl 5
22%
Howl 6
11%
Howl 7
25%
Howl 8
5%

Total votes: 134
Sycona
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sycona

Re: What's Your Favorite Howl?

Post by Sycona » Sat May 05, 2018 3:47 pm

I recon we should keep the favourite howl plus howl number 1 in wq 3. Also if you were to put in a new set of howls, would it be possible to make then alternate slightly evrey time you howl (so you howl once, and its the howl you chose, you howl twice, but its slightly different, same with a theid time you howl, but then if you howl a fourth time, it goes back to the original howl.) I think this would make it a little more realistic, as wolves dont just make the same howling noise each time. It changes a little.
Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Sat May 05, 2018 5:29 pm

* If you have more than one wolf, do you generally choose the same howl for all of them, or different howls? I generally choose a different howl for each, as it adds variety
* Do you feel strongly attached to your current howl(s), I feel kind of attached to howl 6. It's a howl some of my WQ friends know me by, because the first wolf I used on multiplayer had it.
*would it be okay to have a different set in WolfQuest 3? I dunno.... I would like MORE not DIFFERENT. I especially don't want #6 to go away. I want to be able to use it again for other wolves OuO;
SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Post by SamueWolfSword » Sat May 05, 2018 6:05 pm

I hope none of them are removed...
wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 am

I generally don't use different wolves, but when I change how my normal one looks, I might change the howl just to mix things up.

I honestly am not that attached to the current howls, but I like the original, so please keep that one! It speaks of the first Wolfquest!
DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Post by DawnWings » Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 pm

To answer the other questions:
I'm attached to howl 1 and 7. I'm not attached to any of the other howls.
I prefer howl 1 for all of my wolves.

Other thoughts:
* I personally think howl 3 is awful, and going by the poll it looks like everyone else thinks the same thing.

* It sounds like howl 7 has a little bit of a bark at the beginning, and I like that. It would be nice to have more howls with barks, or maybe even growls, mixed in.

* It would be nice to be able to adjust the pitch of whatever howl we choose.

* Perhaps female wolves by default could have a higher pitched howl? (I think I read somewhere that that's true in real life, but I can't find it now so take that with a grain of salt.
Starbender2000
Pup
Pup

Post by Starbender2000 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 am

Ok, for the record I love all the old howls number #1 especially. And #5 and #7. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE OLD HOWLS. But defiantly add a new set. I am always welcome to something new to add to our wolves. But PLEASE DO NOT delete any of the old. Especially #1. Also I do like to choose which howl I like for each of my wolves. Thanks for all you guys are doing! Don't strain yourselves though! ;)

-StarBender2000 :wolf:
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 pm

1 is nice, but 4, 5, and 6 are all lovely as well. I try not to choose the same howl for my wolves, and choose whatever suits that wolf's personality. I wouldn't mind a new set; I think the old and potential new sets should both be kept, for diversity's sake (it would be a particular shame to delete #1, the original WQ howl).
DispersedHowl100
Pup
Pup
Name: Frost

Post by DispersedHowl100 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

Im totally open to new howls! :wolf:

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”