about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

What's Your Favorite Howl?

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Choose Your Favorite Howl

Howl 1
22%
Howl 2
5%
Howl 3
3%
Howl 4
8%
Howl 5
22%
Howl 6
12%
Howl 7
24%
Howl 8
4%

Total votes : 126

Re: What's Your Favorite Howl?

Postby -Revan- » Thu May 03, 2018 3:01 pm

I voted 1 since I'm pretty sure it's my favorite (unsure if it's nostalgia or if I really like how clean and simple it sounds aha), but I'm also a big fan of 5 and 7.

* If you have more than one wolf, do you generally choose the same howl for all of them, or different howls?
I try to go for different howls, but some of them use the same one.

* Do you feel strongly attached to your current howl(s), or would it be okay to have a different set in WolfQuest 3?
I do like some of the current howls, but I wouldn't be that upset if the howls were completely swapped out. Might miss the original howl a lot though.
-Revan-
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Revan

Postby Medenagen » Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 pm

I don't get to really play 2.7 or have it right now... hehe... maybe in a few weeks or so. x.x

BUT, those are all some really good howls in there. Hard to choose. I voted #4 in the poll, though I really do like just about all of them. I think the only one I don't care as much for is #6.

* If you have more than one wolf, do you generally choose the same howl for all of them, or different howls?

I don't play right now, but I would most definitely be using different howls for any different "campaigns" I started. Gives everyone a more personalized feeling (plus sometimes you just picture a certain sound with a certain look in your head. Ha).

* Do you feel strongly attached to your current howl(s), or would it be okay to have a different set in WolfQuest 3?

Well, NOW I'm feeling attached, even though I don't have 2.7 at the moment... XD I like variety to pick from. If there are some good newer recordings that can be added, I'm all for it, but it would be a shame if we had to lose all (or most) of this set to do it. Actually I'm starting to get attached to #2, #3, and #7 more as I keep listening to things... lol... Still indifferent about #6.
Medenagen
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby Noala » Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 pm

I’m going to go ahead and apologize for the long reply although I promise I have good points and do answer the questions.

I’ve got to admit that’s my favorite howl is most definitely howl #1, Although I never use it for any of my wolves because I feel that it doesn’t properly suit their “wolfonalities”( personalities, lol wolf pun, get it cuz their wolves not people)
The howls I use the most would be 2, 5, and 6.
#2 for male wolves with dark or black coats that also have the highest strength and stamina. In my opinion it just seems to fit the male wolves with dark coats that are the biggest, strongest an seemingly toughest of the pack.
#5 for males who are lighter in coat color and have high strength but are also balanced between stamina and speed. Their still strong and tough but not as intense as #2
#6 is almost always for my female wolves. Pretty much all of the female get #6 simply because I feel that the higher softer tone fits them better.
Also I tend to only use my females for pup rearing and I give them all high speed and stamina for moving pups to summer home faster so with them usually being smaller the higher pitched howl seems to fit them better so more howls that feel oriented towards smaller or female wolves would be nice.
All my males are used for hunting so they’re all strong and big with deep howls so based of the vote a couple howls similar to #5 wouldn’t be a bad idea, long deep howls that fit our big strong hunters. Or for those players who feel their wolves are fierce intense or simply want to appear as tough and intimidating.
Lastly I have a few small males with high speed and stamina with the lowest strength possible that I use simply for exploring. For those I use howl #3 or one similar because I view them as being scrawny since their a tiny male that’s usually smaller then my female wolves so they get higher sometimes funny sounding howls that fit their adventurous carefree attitudes
To answer your questions yes I like the howls we have now but no I’m not very attached to them. There are a couple I would miss, mainly #5 and #6 but other then that I wouldn’t mind replacing them. I’d actually love to have a few new howls to try or to at least have a wider variety.

To be honest having more howls to choose from would most likely make it easier to distinguish other players by sound simply because with more options there’s opportunity for higher diversity amongst our “pack” which would also make it far less likely for us to have an identical howl as one of our pack mates. Currently When I join a game I tend to have the same howl as at least 3 other players on average, which isn’t bad but well I’m sure you can figure out why I’m not exactly in favor of it either. I mean how much of a kill joy is it to join a game and be feeling all awesome and boss and go to really thinking your gonna have the deepests most intimidating howl but then half the other people have the exact same howl and so many of you are howling the same howl at once that’s you can’t even tell which is yours or if your actually howling with out watching for your own howl animation. But in my opinion not feeling unique being the main “downer” for me. I like my wolf to express “me” in wolf form.
So yes I’d like more howls if only to make me feel more into the game on a personal level.
Noala
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Calci

Postby airbones » Thu May 03, 2018 3:54 pm

I’ve always liked #7 and #1 the best. I think they sound maybe a bit louder/clearer to me? But I’m with everyone who likes to chose their bowl based on the wolf character I’m making, and I know I’ve used each one at least once.

And to answer the last question, I personally don’t feel /very/ attached to any howl. I’d be sad to see my favorites go, but if they had to in order to make way for some newer, nicer ones, then I think it’s be worth it. c:
airbones

Name: Raz

Postby Phasoli » Thu May 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Yikes! This is a hard one. I tend to like the howls 2,3,5,6, and 7. If I could vote for multiple, I surely would! I do tend to use a variety of howls for different characters as well. While I may not be especially attached to some of the howls, I do appreciate them. I wouldn't mind if they were replaced or expanded in the future, though. With that being said, this makes me excited to hear the new vocalizations!
Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Name: Call me Tsuri!

Postby Black Burn » Thu May 03, 2018 4:08 pm

I like howl 8 for my main wolf. Though I'll choose 1 or 4 occasionally.
Perhaps some more dominant sounding howls? I would definitely like to see more options, but also keep a few of the current ones. I tend to think that 2,3 and 5 are kind of sad sounding, so maybe replace those? I've yet to watch the video, but I will when I can! Thank you WolfQuest team for putting so much thought into this great game!
Black Burn
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Name: BB for short

Postby thirteen889184 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:26 pm

My favorite is Howl 1, but I like to choose a different howl for each wolf. I like the variety, and especially in multiplayer games, I like hearing how different howls sound together. I definitely think that at least some of the howls should be kept, especially Howl 1 because it's been around for forever, but I would be open to new howls being added. I think that if a few of the howls are kept and a few are replaced, or if they are all kept and maybe another four or so are added, it would be cool. But I personally wouldn't be too upset if most of them were replaced (I am kind of attached to #1, though lol).
thirteen889184
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Frodo1 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Oh man, the question of the century-- this is a tough one, heh...
loboLoco wrote:* If you have more than one wolf, do you generally choose the same howl for all of them, or different howls?

I definitely pick howls based off personality. Some of these howls are very bold and strong, while others are more tentative, and I like that.
loboLoco wrote:* Do you feel strongly attached to your current howl(s), or would it be okay to have a different set in WolfQuest 3?

Personally I really like the 2.7 howls, especially #2 and #5 (and let's face it, #1 is a classic at this point), so I'd be sad to see them go. It would be nice to expand the howl palette without having to remove any, heh.
Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Name: Frodo/Jay

Postby TimberRaven » Thu May 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Whoo! Cool! More howls! Wasn't sure if you'd add more but seems like it!
I voted for howl 6, as it matches Penelope and a few others, though I do like four and five. I'm really favoring one too, but everyone uses that one.
I would like a new howl set for WQ3, as it would be new and fresh. Thank you, Dave!
TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Location: So you're saying the piglizard turned inside-out, and then exploded??
Name: Name: Name: Name:

Postby Gillato » Thu May 03, 2018 5:58 pm

5, is what i usually use.. :D BUT! i would reeaally like some new howl's.

Thank's guy's
~ Gillato :pawprint:
Gillato
Pup
Pup

Name: Vigilante'

Postby Nevara » Thu May 03, 2018 6:17 pm

My personal favorites would definitely have to be #7, #1, and #4... with #7 being my most-used. I like #4 because it sounds the most feminine to me, which is nice because the others are all pretty deep. #7 sounds like such a classy howl and I really love it. As for #1... that one is the oldest in the game, it surely can't go<3 These three are the ones I feel the most attached to, and I prefer they aren't replaced =0

I think it would be great for there to simply be more options added, instead of the current options being replaced, but that's just my opinion c:
Nevara
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Kiki

Postby CrazyLuna » Thu May 03, 2018 6:50 pm

I normally pick #1 simply because I'm so used to it. I used to play the first version years ago before my old laptop got too hot too fast and I had to give it up. Now I have rediscovered WolfQuest and play it semi often on my new laptop. I can't get over the nostalgia of the original howl. The other howls just seem a bit too... rough? Glitchy? The original is smooth and clear, the others, especially 3 are rougher and some are a bit too high pitched for my ears. Like little children singing the song of their people (aka screaming)
CrazyLuna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Northings » Thu May 03, 2018 6:51 pm

I prefer the deeper howls hence choosing #2. I usually choose a different howl if I use a different wolf (I have one main character so I only have one other chara that I don't play often) But my second choice would've been #8 if I could've chosen it. I wouldn't mind more howls added, I like diversity!
Northings
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Leafpool1980123 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:39 pm

My favourite is definitely 1! I think that, if possible, you should keep all the current ones and add more. That way in multiplayer games there is a higher chance that everyone will have a different howl.
Leafpool1980123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Lebron BMT » Thu May 03, 2018 11:47 pm

I am attached to the first howl and it is my favorite. The other howls sound odd to me.
Lebron BMT
Pup
Pup

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog