about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Hungry (Sometimes) Like The Wolf

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Hungry (Sometimes) Like The Wolf

Postby ChillyTiger9807 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:30 pm

I understand everyone's points here, but think about it this way: You spend a long time traversing the larger maps, using the new scent system and elk-migratory system as well. Finally, you manage to locate and track down a herd. Are you really only going to kill one? Probably not. You and your friends, who have XP hunted for so long, are going to try to tear through that herd to have fun and beat boredom. But what if you get hurt? There's stronger elk, and mother elk that protect babies, and everyone knows taking on a moose alone is quite dangerous. If you get hurt, and you eat to heal yourself, you've just taken yourself out of the running for high-energy hunting. You're slower, and you have to wait. I talked with another WQ player about this and she mentioned that this would also promote server-hopping. Once you get low on energy and can't really hunt anymore, you'd just leave that server and join another - which will be fun for the players that kick for no reason (which gets you in trouble now? Apparently if you get kicked too many times you get in trouble?)
ChillyTiger9807
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Hungry (Sometimes) Like The Wolf

Postby 44wolfquest » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 pm

ChillyTiger9807 wrote:I understand everyone's points here, but think about it this way: You spend a long time traversing the larger maps, using the new scent system and elk-migratory system as well. Finally, you manage to locate and track down a herd. Are you really only going to kill one? Probably not. You and your friends, who have XP hunted for so long, are going to try to tear through that herd to have fun and beat boredom. But what if you get hurt? There's stronger elk, and mother elk that protect babies, and everyone knows taking on a moose alone is quite dangerous. If you get hurt, and you eat to heal yourself, you've just taken yourself out of the running for high-energy hunting. You're slower, and you have to wait. I talked with another WQ player about this and she mentioned that this would also promote server-hopping. Once you get low on energy and can't really hunt anymore, you'd just leave that server and join another - which will be fun for the players that kick for no reason (which gets you in trouble now? Apparently if you get kicked too many times you get in trouble?)

Since they are redoing everything, including the health bar, I imagine they'd remove the "You have to eat to heal" system. The game is trying to show that wolves don't mass kill elk.
44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog