about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Design Challenge! The First 15 Minutes

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Design Challenge! The First 15 Minutes

Postby Jayleaf1609 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:56 am

Maybe the first fifteen minutes could kind of be like Shelter 2 by Might and Delight.
And maybe the first few minutes can tell a small story about your wolf's parents? Or it could be like Niche, a picturesque type introduction. It will tell the story of a wolf through pictures of hunting and scenting, and then land on the whole objective of the first episode, find a mate. And then it would do the intro caption that you get when you first start the game in 2.7, "You're a two-year-old dispersal wolf etc". Then fix that one up a little bit? Have a nice Easter!
Jayleaf1609
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby BEllis » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:50 pm

Late to the party here but I'll give it a shot! One of the issues I have is that I quite enjoy figuring out how to do things AND I've been playing Wolfquest for so long that I know it well but I'll try and take a step back.

The first thing I would do is set up a tutorial that focuses on a hunt. Not only because it is a necessary thing to know in order for your wolf to survive but also because it looks like there's going to be some fantastic new components added to hunting. Even players like myself who have been playing for years will need to learn these new mechanics. I'm not saying that it should necessarily hold your hand through every step but this would be what I focussed on more. So the first 15 minutes or at least the first tutorial should take you through the entire hunt. How to open scent view, how to track the new moving herds, how to stalk and catch your prey (and what prey is available to hunt), how to eat and how the new hunger/stamina/health bar system works. It would also mean that a new player could quickly learn the basics of movement, tracking etc.

Once they have been shown how to at least keep their wolf alive they can head off and start their main mission of finding a mate.
Keep up the good work guys, looks like the new game is going to be awesome!
BEllis
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby tmwinder » Wed May 02, 2018 9:17 am

I think it would be cool if in the wolf territories, the wolves could just be wandering around. And thank you SOO much! It looks great!

Post Merge
Jayleaf1609 wrote:Maybe the first fifteen minutes could kind of be like Shelter 2 by Might and Delight.
And maybe the first few minutes can tell a small story about your wolf's parents? Or it could be like Niche, a picturesque type introduction. It will tell the story of a wolf through pictures of hunting and scenting, and then land on the whole objective of the first episode, find a mate. And then it would do the intro caption that you get when you first start the game in 2.7, "You're a two-year-old dispersal wolf etc". Then fix that one up a little bit? Have a nice Easter!

That would be SOO cool! I agree 10 times over!
Last edited by Neamara on Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪
tmwinder
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Neamara » Wed May 02, 2018 9:25 am

Please try not to double post in the future, tmwinder, as this is not allowed and is considered to be a form of SPAM. For further information, including an explanation of double posting and definitions of SPAM, please review the Forum Guidelines. I have merged your posts into one to keep things tidy.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog