about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Cleverer Coyotes

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Cleverer Coyotes

Postby AikoAkasma » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:26 pm

This change looks amazing!! i cant wait for wolfquest 3 to come out. Also will the AI change for the pups so the coyotes will carry the pup away before eating it? and it could have different speeds depending on the weight of the pup, so if the pup is heavy the coyote will run slowly with it. that would be something interesting.

But overall I'm really looking forward for the game :wolf:
AikoAkasma
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Karma

Postby Keppostelija » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm

This is really nice! It'll be a pain with pups.
Keppostelija
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Trickster

Postby Wolvesarelife994 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:55 pm

The Coyotes look absolutely amazing :D.

is that the new wolf running animation? The legs look like they are trying to do a donkey kick, but in other words, i like it! Please keep up the good work, I have been known to going around my school saying "today is upload day!" every Thursday because that is when you guys upload a new progress in he wolf quest 3 development. Love it!

-Wolvesarelife994
Wolvesarelife994
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Asaiah » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Oh dang, the coyotes look great! I can see them being much more challenging to handle on your own or when it comes to protecting pups, and that'll be fun to handle. Keep up the good work! :'D
Asaiah
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Ren

Postby airbones » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:12 pm

I love videos like this. It's so nice to see npc animals getting some tlc, and I'm excited to see further updates on them. Great work, WQ team!
airbones

Name: Raz

Postby Misaki Chan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 pm

hooboy, y'all thought the coyotes were annoying before
get ready for something brand new:
Pure nuisances.
Misaki Chan
Pup
Pup

Name: Harley

Postby Kryigeroff » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Keyyva wrote:Just out of curiosity, is the AI using fuzzy logic to decide on their actions?

Yes, in fact it does use fuzzy logic, more precisely Utility AI. In other words, they evaluate different options, give them desirability scores and pick. (There's still some decisions that boil down to "if-then-else" but I'm avoiding them when feasible.)

---------------------
Tommi Horttana
WolfQuest developer
Last edited by Kryigeroff on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kryigeroff
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby DaniBeez » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Nice! This is a cool development. Coyotes will probably have a much bigger impact on the player than before with this new programming.
DaniBeez
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Sunset-Light » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Eeee! The coyotes look amazing, and I love how much more realistic the game is getting. I've watched a few wolf documentaries, and the coyotes' behavior was reflected nicely and realistically indeed. I'm already wondering how this will effect defending the den in SC now that the coyotes are faster, though...
Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Postby TimberRaven » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Sadly, I'm on my laptop so my mom put a program called Canine to block... stuff. Like things connected to YouTube. I'll have to wait to get on my mom's computer to see the video, but what I've read about Dave's post and the people's replies are very exciting. :D
Wow, pesky coyotes! Will they have a new technique in catching our pups? Actually, with all the predators, they just touch the pup and it dies. :shock:
Will coyotes sneak up on your pups and when you're not looking, devour them? They kind of do that now, but are sooo dumb they just run away from the mother/father then come back... and repeat this until they die. :o
Ahh, they'll bite the tail and cause some damage? Stinky... but realistic. And in a way, fun/funny! :D
I love how far you're getting with the game! Keep up the incredible work!! :mrgreen:
TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Name: gIMME dAT

Postby Poa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 am

Awesome :D It's going to be frustrating to try and feed pups when your constantly getting nipped and replenishing your own HP.

Also how will this effect pup protection? Will it be more like bears and cougars now with a three bite they run thing? I kinda hope so, as I found the bears running and being really fast in 2.5 really frustrating.
Poa
Pup
Pup

Name: Twister

Postby Keyyva » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 am

Kryigeroff wrote:
Keyyva wrote:Just out of curiosity, is the AI using fuzzy logic to decide on their actions?

Yes, in fact it does use fuzzy logic, more precisely Utility AI. In other words, they evaluate different options, give them desirability scores and pick. (There's still some decisions that boil down to "if-then-else" but I'm avoiding them when feasible.)

Ah I see, very nice! And thanks for answering.
Keyyva
Yearling
Yearling

Postby SolitaryHowl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:09 am

Ooooh, very exciting!
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Postby RavenWillow » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:24 am

Will you edit the foxes too? Will they have things like the coyotes? Maybe do more? Will the coyotes hunt smaller animals like rabbits, or fawns, and mule deer? Will birds be hunt able?
RavenWillow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Rose

Postby Kitsuma » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 am

Looks real good. The run looked better too, so I am super excited for the new version to come out. Are all the models getting an update?
Kitsuma
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog