about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Vote for a New Animal!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Which animal would you most like to see added to WolfQuest 3?

Bighorn sheep
47%
Pronghorn
16%
Black bear
3%
Bobcat
13%
Porcupine
21%

Total votes : 255

Re: Vote for a New Animal!

Postby SilkenGalaxy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:50 pm

On the Steam Discussion I said I was most interested in Bighorn Sheep and Pronghorns, and while I still do find those interesting, we already have similarly sized prey animals on the way (mule deer & elk calves), so after some thinking I voted porcupine. We don't have much in the way of small animals we can interact with (at the most we have foxes we can watch or kill and hares which we can kill and eat and then there's the coyotes which we can kill, they're all fairly similar in how we can interact with them), and I think it'd be cool to have a small critter roaming around that can also pose a threat, wouldn't it be awesome to watch the porcupine doing it's threat display to your wolf, with their quills raising up and rattling? Also there's the chance of your wolf getting quills in it's paws, legs, maybe rump area? But then there could also be the risk of the porcupine getting it's quills stuck in a dangerous place, like the neck, face, or chest!

In other words, I think porcupines would be more interesting and dynamic critters to add!
SilkenGalaxy

Name: Silk/Gally

Postby 96Heartz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:07 am

I hesitated between the bighorn and the pronghorn, and I would have liked to vote for both, since the bighorn would be an interesting challenge and an animal that we could find in mountains (like a lot of people already said). But the pronghorn isn't very known, and that's a good point because people could learn a bit more about it (or at least learn its existence !).
I also like the idea of the porcupine, it's something very different from what we have in the game for now, a bit like the toad.
96Heartz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Medenagen » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:34 am

That is a very, very hard choice.

I went with pronghorn because they are quite the different critter and live some impressive lives of migration... and they're crazy-fast when they want to run so would be a heck of a challenge to interact with in-game.

Although I DO like the thoughts about Porcupines as well. They would be a completely different kind of a challenge for interaction. lol Slower critter with crazy defenses, but not impossible to have a meal out of it. Although quills can have a delayed reaction that can kill whatever tried for it...just the right quill in the right spot that doesn't get pulled sure can work its way in to do the damage. Would that be considered when making them up?

(Really just want all the listed animals and hope they can be added at some point or another as the game is created... lol)
Medenagen
Pup
Pup

Postby DaniBeez » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:16 am

It's too bad wolf isn't one of the options. I'd vote for that one if it was.
DaniBeez
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Medenagen » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm

It's too bad pangolin isn't one of the options. I'd vote for that one if it was.

(Well, to be fair, pangolins don't live in the location the game is set in, so it wouldn't really make all that much sense to have them.)
Medenagen
Pup
Pup

Postby Noctis_ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:16 pm

I voted black bear, only to find that the fewest number of people also did so. I'd really enjoy watching black bears interact with the world. Oh well- bighorn sheep are cool, too.
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Postby thirteen889184 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm

I voted for Bighorn Sheep, but I also considered the Pronghorn. I'm from the area and I see both frequently, but ultimately I decided to vote for Bighorns because I thought that they would be most interesting of the two.

I'd honestly like to see all of them, lol, but for now, the Bighorn Sheep is my top pick.
thirteen889184
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Pepper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:10 pm

April 13, 2018: And we have a WINNER!! Bighorn sheep win by a landslide. Thank everyone for voting!

We will keep the poll open because who knows, maybe we will be able to add some of the runner-ups someday.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby DawnWings » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Bighorn sheep was my first choice, but I didn't vote that because I know it's already been decided they will be in the game. So, I voted pronghorn because I think they would be a hard challenge because they are North America's fastest land animal at 55 mph. I assume they would require an ambush tactic, with one or more wolves in hiding downwind and the other(s) driving them that direction, or a fast wolf with very high stamina.

I also think it would be thrilling to see them run.
DawnWings
Pup
Pup

Postby Nuntayak » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Bighorns should be a fun critter to hunt. As a runner up, voted for porcupine because of the challenge they'd present.
Nuntayak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog