about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Vote for a New Animal!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Which animal would you most like to see added to WolfQuest 3?

Bighorn sheep
47%
Pronghorn
16%
Black bear
3%
Bobcat
13%
Porcupine
21%

Total votes : 255

Re: Vote for a New Animal!

Postby DjSpookyJim » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Bighorn sheep! That'll be so cool watching your wolf chase after one. I've always liked those kinds of sheep so it'll be cool to see them in game. The sheep should be challenging to bring down because of their horns. So your wolf has to be very careful to hunt them. I don't know if it would be very realistic if the sheep would hit the wolves with their horns. Probably not. But when it's winter in the game, you won't be able to find them roaming around on the ground. Because sheep can't go through deep snow.
So it'll be cool when it's winter and you see sheep on dry slopes.
"Bighorns are known for head-to-head combat between males."
So would it be possible if the wolves would be hit by their horns or no? That'll be a cool feature.
Also, it'll be very cool to see herds of Bighorns on slopes and etc. It'll be cool if they were ranked by the size of their horns."Horn size is a symbol of rank." "Male horns can weigh as much as 30 lbs."
The sheep shouldn't all be the same color like the elks. Every single elk you see in the game is the same color."Bighorn sheep vary in different colors from light brown to grayish or dark, chocolate brown, with a white rump and lining on the backs of all four legs."
"Bighorn sheep eat different foods depending on the season. During the summer, they subsist on grasses or sedges. During the winter they eat more woody plants, such as willow, sage and rabbit brush."
So seeing sheep eating different things determining the season will be cool.
All of the things said that are in quotes are from a site. I don't know much about Bighorn sheep so I decided to do some research haha.
Links to the sites: http://justfunfacts.com/interesting-fac ... orn-sheep/
http://naturemappingfoundation.org/natm ... ep_k6.html
:wolf:
Last edited by DjSpookyJim on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DjSpookyJim
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Call me Peachy ^^

Postby Jahla456 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:10 am

Bighorn sheep for the win :lol:
Jahla456
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby AmberZeWolf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Oooh, the bighorn sheep would be nice so that we have a more even amount of prey compared to predators, plus, bighorn sheep are pretty neat.
AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Postby MiaowsGreenhouse » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 am

All must be added! But for now, I guess the Bighorn Sheep may come? ;)
MiaowsGreenhouse
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Dhole Wolf » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:08 am

A toad! This video make my day.
It was really hard choose between bobcat and bighorned sheep to me. I've always excited to see more cat animals in the game but at this time I voted for bighorned sheep.

I'm not sure do wolves hunt them because they're so hard to catch or even kill, I think.
Anyway, it'll be more interesting to see if they fight against other bulls like bull moose.
Dhole Wolf

Postby paperpaws » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 am

@Rain0 and TimberRaven- your posts have been moved. Rain0, I'll address the issue in Tips, Hints, and Help. TimberRaven, if there are any posts you would like to draw the moderators' attention to, use the report button (which is the triangle button with an exclamation mark in it, next to the quote button) rather than making another off-topic post about it. We'll take it from there; we know how to do our job.

I'll eventually (re)move this/my own post too.
paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby Gillato » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm

i Think the black bear would be cool! and challengeing!!
pls add black bear.. :D
Gillato
Pup
Pup

Name: Vigilante'

Postby 2wolf22 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:51 pm

I said porcupine. It would be fun to see their defensive moves with the spiky backs! :pawprint: If its realistic they could be hunted but maybe not eaten. I suggest to base it off realistically observed behaviors.
2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Postby rene-frankie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 am

is there no chance that all of those animals listed will be on the game? or will you gradually add them all after you release and sell WQ3?
rene-frankie
Pup
Pup

Postby Hanjax70 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 am

I'd love to see a bobcat in this game ^^
Hanjax70
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby watergoat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:11 pm

I voted for porcupine because it's not like any of the animals that are already in wolfquest. i can't wait to see a new animal and WQ 3 :D
watergoat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby sophiaww » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm about to vote but can we plz have vote for all the animals!! :) I know it's hard work but plz. Also the frog/toad makes me laugh! :P and I really like how (I think) the pups can pounce on small animals now!! Keep up the good work WolfQuest :wolf:

MiaowsGreenhouse wrote:All must be added! But for now, I guess the Bighorn Sheep may come? ;)

Agree :wolf:
Last edited by Isela on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please refrain from double posting. Edit your first post if no one has posted after you :]
sophiaww
Pup
Pup

Postby Isela » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:06 pm

sophiaww wrote:
MiaowsGreenhouse wrote:All must be added! But for now, I guess the Bighorn Sheep may come? ;)

Agree :wolf:

In the future, please make sure your posts consist of at least 3 words, not counting emojis, otherwise it will be seen as SPAM. Thank you :]
Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby WolfDragonPlasma » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 pm

I voted for Pronghorn given just how unique they are; they aren't deer, they aren't antelope; they're Giraffe/Okapi relatives.
You just don't see any sort of animal like this very often.
WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Postby x1103 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 am

Not sure if it matters anymore, but I thought about it and even surprised myself by voting porcupine. At first I thought of bighorn sheep because yeah they're cool - but honestly I think there is enough options for hunting. With the toad and all. So, black bears and bobcats are cool too, but then again we have a cat and a bear already in the game. In my experience of games that contain different roaming animals/creatures... the most interesting thing about the wildlife in games is the variety of them, their features, behaviours etc. The porcupine would add that variety in Wolf Quest.

It seems though that the majorty of players want to stick with the cool sheep, and that too is fine by me.

Also, I know it's not in the list but uh, what about snakes? I'm from Finland and we have both wolves and vipers (vipera berus). I'm curious about how a wolf would react to a snake given it's deadliness... Would it/could it eat it? Or avoid it? And what about pups? The curiosity of the wolf puppies would bring another interesting hazard to the game too, but yes, even more programming...

Now I'm babbling. I'll stop.
x1103
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog