International Wolf Center logo
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

By Pupular Demand

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: By Pupular Demand

Postby Hazelflower » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Adorable! What I would really like would be to be able to tell your pup to stay.
Hazelflower
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Hazel

Postby TimberRaven » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Starbender2000 wrote:I know this isn't necessarily a behavior or social add on idea but.... I noticed that you can have only 4 pups at a time, and it must always be 4 pups. Technically wolves tend to give birth from 4-6 pups in average. Also It would be nice to have more pups, also you could mix it up a little and the amount of pups you have could be based on chance, XP, or difficulty. You could try to do less pups too, but 4-6 pups are the more realistic terms, even so if you could have anywhere between 3-6 pups based on complete chance it would be quite interesting. XD

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Ooh, I like that idea! And I've had the idea too, because I want a challenge --more pups! Besides, it's realistic. Not every single mother wolf has had only four pups. Based on your level of XP points, you'll have either a bigger litter or a smaller litter. Like 2 thousand is five pups, 3 thousand six... :wolf: :raven: :D
I really hope you get to add that!
TimberRaven
HMP Potato Inmate

Location: Sending someone crazy P̠̙͕͖͌̉̌̈͂̐͟͞M͔͉̪̻̮̖̠̼̬̿̊̈́̇͒̚͠'̵͚͓̭̻̲́̀͑͒̓͞͝s͔̮̫̪̒̑̽̾̑͛͢͡͝!̴̣͉̺̫̱̃̃̎̀͐̚
Name: Chirp

Postby Hazelflower » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 pm

I like that idea too!
Hazelflower
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Hazel

Postby Mewer-Crow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 am

QueenRuby wrote:Aweee! The new pups look amazing! I can't wait to see them in Wolfquest 3! However, this leads me to a question. When Wolfquest 3.0 is released, what will happen to our already saved  pups/games? With the release of the new map and features, I would imagine we would need to delete our saved games from Wolfquest 2.7, but will the game do that automatically after the update, or will we be required to do it ourselves? Also, will we be able to still play as our wolves we made in 2.7? Or will we have to make a new one/ones using the 3.0 wolf model? And how would that...work?

Wolves and saved games will automatically be converted and you can just pick up where you last closed 2.7.
Mewer-Crow
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Midnight

Postby BlueLeopard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 am

Aww! The pups are nothing but adorable and charming, they look so realistic and alive! I love their animation, too. I wonder, will the pups take after their parents in their coat colour like they do now in WQ 2.7?
BlueLeopard
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby C0rgi » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:23 am

those pups are super adorable, aww !
C0rgi
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Name: Shiranui or Shira

Postby airbones » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 am

What cuties! With those blue eyes and floppy ears, I love themmm.
What about some pup-initiated interaction? Like depending on the pup's personality, they might come up and bow at you or lay next to you (as mentioned before) etc., and if you don't reciprocate then perhaps a small consequence like a dip in pack affinity? Just to promote some bonding with your puppies so it's not all feed, defend, train, repeat.
airbones

Name: Raz

Postby Artemis Shadow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:48 pm

I would enjoy having the pups actually go into the den when you leave\tell them to, and being able to go into the den yourself.Being able to clean the pups, or call them to you with a yip\howl\etc.The idea of pup personalities sounds awesome.

[Off topic: Having a pup stage where they are blind and helpless. The father must hunt for the family while the mother cares for and nurses the pups would be neat, though not very realistic in the way the game functions.I suppose most female players would get pretty bored[though i wouldn't] and it would require a good deal of coding.]
Artemis Shadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Sooo cute they look like fluffy potatoes!
Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Arik

Postby TimberRaven » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Artemis Shadow wrote:I would enjoy having the pups actually go into the den when you leave\tell them to, and being able to go into the den yourself.Being able to clean the pups, or call them to you with a yip\howl\etc.The idea of pup personalities sounds awesome.

[Off topic: Having a pup stage where they are blind and helpless. The father must hunt for the family while the mother cares for and nurses the pups would be neat, though not very realistic in the way the game functions.I suppose most female players would get pretty bored[though i wouldn't] and it would require a good deal of coding.]

The off-topic part was correct... that would be really boring. It's why the game skips to the better parts. :D :wolf:
They probably won't add that part, sorry! :)
TimberRaven
HMP Potato Inmate

Location: Sending someone crazy P̠̙͕͖͌̉̌̈͂̐͟͞M͔͉̪̻̮̖̠̼̬̿̊̈́̇͒̚͠'̵͚͓̭̻̲́̀͑͒̓͞͝s͔̮̫̪̒̑̽̾̑͛͢͡͝!̴̣͉̺̫̱̃̃̎̀͐̚
Name: Chirp

Postby Black Burn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:52 pm

These pups look amazing, I can't wait for WolfQuest 3
And Tower Fall.
I do have a question though:
Is a pup with a bold or hyper personality going to run around and jump all
Over the parents and other pups, and the shy and lazy pups stay calm and close to the den? I don't know if this has already been asked but I was just wondering.
Keep up the GREAT work WolfQuest Team, and thank you for keeping us informed.

Edit: will the Grizzlie Bear model and gaits be updated too,
If so AWSOME
Last edited by Black Burn on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Burn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Name: BB for short

Postby AveryCF » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm absolutely DYING due to these pups. I thought the idea of finally getting older, teenage pups was great but the fact the old classic puppies get an update with their parents is more than something to be overjoyed about. ;3; Seems no ones being forgotten from the oldest models and that just makes me thrilled.~ My friend even said they almost had a heart attack over the puppies, lol. I guess i'm only laughing because the keyword was "Almost" in their excitement and not literal, whew, thank god. x'D

But behaviors and maybe even sickness?! *Gasps* Talk about parenting getting an upgrade, look out "Bring it On!" players. I nearly died doing Bring it On with four pups and only my friend and that's without this new ability coming for them to get sick, yikes lol...
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Postby roguemoon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Gosh they are just SO cute! I love that they'll have personalities and that we'll be able to interact more with the pups. It'll definitely make me work harder to keep them all alive. I have a feeling I'll end up getting very attached to them.
roguemoon
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby Neamara » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 am

Black Burn wrote:Edit: will the Grizzlie Bear model and gaits be updated too,
If so AWSOME

Yes, grizzly bears will indeed be receiving a new model in the anniversary update. :)
loboLoco wrote:We've got a new and improved grizzly model, and a cub, in the works.
Source: Re: Flock Around the Clock
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Name: Neam, Nightra

Postby Whirl-Oakpaw » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:17 am

Wow, the new pups look great! :) Great job you guys.
Whirl-Oakpaw
Pup
Pup

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog