International Wolf Center logo
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

By Pupular Demand

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: By Pupular Demand

Postby Kianda » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Agggh, so cuute. Really lovin' the new design on the pupperoons,

those ears tho, I can't. >3<
Kianda
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: The Shusher

Postby Alakaru_1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 pm

I LOVE the puppy's animations, oh gosh. They look much more realistic and cute haha~
I'm also really interested in the fact that our mate and puppies will have personalities?? I cant wait to see how that plays out C:
Alakaru_1
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Mia/Momo

Postby Wolvesarelife994 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm

What I think, this idea should be implemented into the game in this new episode, or even later episodes. Like how your able to name your pups at 2000 or 2500 points in the game, maybe you should have so many points to get a full litter of pups (4 pups) but the lower the points, the less amount of pups you can have. (like 2 or 3) That would be cool to have in the game
Wolvesarelife994
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Koa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 pm

I support cleaning your pups; it could be used to boost pack affinity.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby Phasoli » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:29 pm

How darling! They're so cute it hurts!

My biggest wish for pups was to have the ability to play with them, and, as mentioned before, have them play with you by attempting crawl all over the player, nip at their ears, etc. After they learn how to stay by the den, it would be cute if the pups followed you--especially if they know you have a belly full of food.

The ability to wash and groom pups would not only be a cute enhancement, but it could also work to keep the new illness factor at bay. I can't wait to interact with these precious little things! Ah, how charming!
Phasoli
Yearling
Yearling

Name: Call me Tsuri!

Postby Poa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Oh man I am so excittteddd :D I can't wait to see what all new stuff the pups will have :D
Poa
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Twister

Postby Echodextrous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Oh yes, a few people have been mentioning grooming and just generally more enhanced interaction with the pups which sounds fantastic! Also being able to have the pups actually go inside the den would be awesome, and a lot more immersive. If that where possible would an adult wolf be able to go into the den as well? I don't know how it would all work but I'm super excited to see what happens. :)
Echodextrous
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Echo

Postby TimberRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 pm

If the pups get sick, then the adult wolves should get sick, too. (Just my opinion! :P )
Oh my goodness! They're so cute with their big ears and tiny claws!!! :mrgreen: :wolf:
(I think you should add more whines; play whines, submissive whines (for roleplay) and worried/uncertain whines. The pups whine back at you, depending on the whine, respond with an appropriate emote or body language. Mates should too. And it would be an improvement for roleplay! :D
Anyway, have you gotten an idea on where the release date COULD be? I'm getting bouncy... with excitement! It's hard to be patient when you're excited! :mrgreen:
Also being able to lick/rub on other wolves (MP players or computerized mate or pups) for roleplay, comfort, and grooming in some cases, would be really cool. Sometimes in MP I want to comfort someone with an emote when they were watching the pups and one died... but I thought... "I can't rub on him, aww!". If it's unrealistic, well, too bad! Add it anyway... ^_^
TimberRaven
HMP Potato Inmate

Location: Sending someone crazy P̠̙͕͖͌̉̌̈͂̐͟͞M͔͉̪̻̮̖̠̼̬̿̊̈́̇͒̚͠'̵͚͓̭̻̲́̀͑͒̓͞͝s͔̮̫̪̒̑̽̾̑͛͢͡͝!̴̣͉̺̫̱̃̃̎̀͐̚
Name: Chirp

Postby Silverheart98 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:52 am

Aww they are adorable x3 I am exited of the new model! Great work guys!

Idk if this was suggested some time in earlier threads, but could you have a alarm bark or sound what you could use to make the pups run into the den when there is danger? (Or during journey, make them stay hidden in grass/bushes etc). And would it be possible during journey to tell your pups to hide and then go to hunt so the huntig during journey would be more easier? (At least I think these things happen in real life, correct me if I am wrong). Also, I hope the pups won't just walk into danger like in wq2.7, where they just like...doen't see any predators at all xD So will they be able to react to the predators by themselves too? c:
Silverheart98
Pup
Pup

Location: I'll roam with the wolves, stalk the deer and rest in my den~
Name: Silver Sparrow

Postby Polynesia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 am

Maybe, when your wolf is resting by the den, a sleepy pup could come and snuggle next to you. :)
Polynesia
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby Silbersturm » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 am

They are so cute! I could cuddle them all day! But I wonder how the sickness works. Will we have the chance to heal them? Can adult wolves get sick? Will the pups have sleep times since the daylight circle is improved? (If it is like this, I hope that adults too will have to sleep.)
And I'm so looking forward to they're personalities. I wonder how it works. That'll make so much fun to play with them!
Silbersturm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Polynesia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:12 am

Oh, and their fur effect is beautiful! Will our wolf models have the same fur?
Polynesia
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby QueenRuby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Aweee! The new pups look amazing! I can't wait to see them in Wolfquest 3! However, this leads me to a question. When Wolfquest 3.0 is released, what will happen to our already saved  pups/games? With the release of the new map and features, I would imagine we would need to delete our saved games from Wolfquest 2.7, but will the game do that automatically after the update, or will we be required to do it ourselves? Also, will we be able to still play as our wolves we made in 2.7? Or will we have to make a new one/ones using the 3.0 wolf model? And how would that...work?
QueenRuby
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Silver

Postby Polynesia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:25 am

Maybe one of the pups can independently start howling and some of the other puppies may or may not join in? That would be so sweet to see. :oops:
Polynesia
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby Starbender2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:17 pm

I know this isn't necessarily a behavior or social add on idea but.... I noticed that you can have only 4 pups at a time, and it must always be 4 pups. Technically wolves tend to give birth from 4-6 pups in average. Also It would be nice to have more pups, also you could mix it up a little and the amount of pups you have could be based on chance, XP, or difficulty. You could try to do less pups too, but 4-6 pups are the more realistic terms, even so if you could have anywhere between 3-6 pups based on complete chance it would be quite interesting. XD

-StarBender2000 :wolf:
Starbender2000
Pup
Pup

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog