about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Moveable Feasts

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Moveable Feasts

Postby Muncie my dog » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 pm

You should be able to move it and then you can bring some to your pups and they can eat it
Muncie my dog
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby x1103 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 am

This is awesome. I've understood that in the wild, the pups will eventually change their diet to actual meat, so this makes sense as they will be older in WQ3. I am so very happy that WQ is improving, there really is no other realistic (or any) wolf-themed games, not ones as well made anyway.

By the way... this is totally off-topic and perhaps I'm being too nosy but is your Unity developer Tommi a Finn? If he is, greetings from Helsinki! Sus siunatkoo!
x1103
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Echodextrous » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Are we going to be able to move beavers? Because I really want to make a beaver pile. :'D
Echodextrous
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Echo

Postby Kryigeroff » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:24 pm

x1103 wrote:By the way... this is totally off-topic and perhaps I'm being too nosy but is your Unity developer Tommi a Finn? If he is, greetings from Helsinki! Sus siunatkoo!

Olenhan minä! Joskin asun nyt Berliinissä, joten terveisiä täältäkin!

I knew there was some Finns playing this game because one of the many bug report logs I received (on the final journey completion issue, I think) had chat in Finnish. Yours perhaps?
Kryigeroff
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby Misaki Chan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Echodextrous wrote:Are we going to be able to move beavers? Because I really want to make a beaver pile. :'D

We should be able to, I think. If we can easily hold a hare in our mouths, then a beaver shouldn't be too difficult.
... right?
Misaki Chan
Pup
Pup

Name: Harley

Postby Echodextrous » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Misaki Chan wrote:
Echodextrous wrote:Are we going to be able to move beavers? Because I really want to make a beaver pile. :'D

We should be able to, I think. If we can easily hold a hare in our mouths, then a beaver shouldn't be too difficult.
... right?

I really really hope so! But they are around 30-70 pounds so I'm not sure. Maybe the smaller ones will be movable? :)
Echodextrous
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Echo

Postby x1103 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:10 pm

Kryigeroff wrote:
x1103 wrote:By the way... this is totally off-topic and perhaps I'm being too nosy but is your Unity developer Tommi a Finn? If he is, greetings from Helsinki! Sus siunatkoo!

Olenhan minä! Joskin asun nyt Berliinissä, joten terveisiä täältäkin!

I knew there was some Finns playing this game because one of the many bug report logs I received (on the final journey completion issue, I think) had chat in Finnish. Yours perhaps?

Hmm... I don't recall reporting any bugs. So there must be more of us here, nice. I suffer from the condition of all Finns; to be excited when finding others "out in the world", well especially here as one of the devs. I could go on and on about wolves, Finland's wolves, how did you end up there and to Unity and games and so on but I guess this ain't the place for it. Kiitos kun vastasit ja vielä noin nopeasti, mukava lopetus tälle päivälle. :)
x1103
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Misaki Chan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Echodextrous wrote:
Misaki Chan wrote:

... right?

I really really hope so! But they are around 30-70 pounds so I'm not sure. Maybe the smaller ones will be movable? :)

oh shoot I forgot how much Beavers weigh. Well, hopefully something comes about!
Misaki Chan
Pup
Pup

Name: Harley

Postby Invar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:20 am

Yeah -- I am hoping for more small game. Like a marmot, it's very slow but never far from its hole so you must sneak up on it from downwind and get close before it sees you. And grouse that you must catch in one jump or they fly away, but you might find a nest of eggs. Also grouse that try to lead you away from nests. Some day... :)
Invar
Pup
Pup

Postby Noctis_ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Here's a thought. What if, instead of "reserving" a meat piece to a player, the game actually allows two players to grab a piece of meat at once? This would cause a tug-of-war to ensue between the two players, and perhaps whoever presses a certain key rapidly enough receives the meat.

Players would not be able to grab meat already in another's mouth, since this would likely result in trolling.
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Postby DispersedHowl100 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:10 am

YES!!! Ive been waiting for this! :P
DispersedHowl100
Pup
Pup

Name: Frost

Postby Lone_Howler » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Woo HOO! I can’t wait to be able to bring back food! I always get so annoyed how if oh kill a hate, you have to eat it there, and can’t just bring it with you for later! So I’m super excited to play! Keep up the great work!!
Lone_Howler
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Sunnystar1000 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 pm

So, I know you'll be able to bring the meat to pups and other wolves, but I was wondering if you could take it to your mate or potential mates? There's that famous saying about the way to the heart being the stomach, and I really think it would be neat if you could gift some to your partner for life. After all, they may goof up once in a while but they still work hard to help you raise your pups(Assuming they aren't lazy, ha.) and they deserve some love. :butterfly:
Sunnystar1000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Ruse

Postby The_Wumbologist » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:25 am

Can't wait to leave a 7km trail of animal guts to the rendezvous :P
The_Wumbologist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Bethany

Previous