Help support
WolfQuest 3 development!

Donate button

Follow us on social media
to see the latest news
about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

When When When?

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: When When When?

Postby x1103 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

I kind of told myself to take this like a grown up, to be patient, or at least pretend and definitely not post any of my moaning here... But man I can't wait! Everything you've shown so far is just great. Pure awesomeness. Also I can't believe how humble you're about it, I'm seriosly considering purchasing the game anyway though it's free for everyone with 2.7. (Or ofc if you have a proper way for giving donations, I'll just use that.) Really hope you'll be able to release it this year. I can't believe that an educational game makes me this happy. You have reached this kid. :lol:
User avatar
x1103
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: When When When?

Postby Pepper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 am

x1103 wrote:I kind of told myself to take this like a grown up, to be patient, or at least pretend and definitely not post any of my moaning here... But man I can't wait! Everything you've shown so far is just great. Pure awesomeness. Also I can't believe how humble you're about it, I'm seriosly considering purchasing the game anyway though it's free for everyone with 2.7. (Or ofc if you have a proper way for giving donations, I'll just use that.) Really hope you'll be able to release it this year. I can't believe that an educational game makes me this happy. You have reached this kid. :lol:


Aw, thanks so much! We sure appreciate everyone's support and patience. We are so excited about the new game but are well aware how long it is taking!

We don't have a formal way to make donations to WQ development but you could buy the music extras and perhaps add a tip. :D
http://www.wolfquest.org/soundtrack.php
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.
User avatar
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Eduweb world headquarters
Gender: Female

Re: When When When?

Postby x1103 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm

I'll do that. :)
User avatar
x1103
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: When When When?

Postby Noctis_ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:24 pm

I recently attended a sort of seminar about programming, and one of the speakers said something pretty accurate and relatable. "If you think something is going to take a certain amount of time [to program], multiply it by 300 and that's how long it's actually going to take."
I completely understand the wait. It always feels like 80% of programming is just bugfixing.
User avatar
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: When When When?

Postby RavenWillow » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Any more funny bloopers? It would be fun to see some new ones :lol: :wolf:
User avatar
RavenWillow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:01 pm
Name: Rose
Gender: Female

Re: When When When?

Postby Inagabriella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:22 am

I just can't wait! This wolf looks amazing! I know how hard you work to make Wolf Quest a much better game and I am looking forward to this. :D
Keep up the good work :wolf:
Inagabriella
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:41 am

Re: When When When?

Postby loboLoco » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am

RavenWillow wrote:Any more funny bloopers? It would be fun to see some new ones :lol: :wolf:


Sadly, most bugs are simply frustrating, not amusing.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
 
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: When When When?

Postby MysteryFoxSpirt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 pm

loboLoco wrote:
RavenWillow wrote:Any more funny bloopers? It would be fun to see some new ones :lol: :wolf:


Sadly, most bugs are simply frustrating, not amusing.


I understand ur pain. Game makers have a tough time when making the next update of their game, from glitches, to this they thought they finished but there was a glitch, it's tough.

ITS A HARD KNOCK LIFE FOR U! IT'S A HARD KNOCK LIFE FOR ALL!

(Sorry just had to XD) :wolf:
User avatar
MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 am
Location: Being impatient for WQ3
Name: Mystery
Gender: Other

Re: When When When?

Postby XmattaX » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 pm

When did you start devolupment for wolfquest 3.0
XmattaX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: When When When?

Postby Noxeon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

What's been leaked so far for 3.0 looks really cool!
I'm sure it will be worth the wait, though I must admit waiting is getting pretty tough, I really want to explore the bigger maps xD
Everything looks beautifully detailed and so realistic, it's breathtaking! :wolf:
User avatar
Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:33 am
Location: Wonderland
Name: Eon

Re: When When When?

Postby tmwinder » Tue May 01, 2018 6:13 pm

It looks SOO good! I love the new wolf model! Thank you so much to the WolfQuest editors and creators! Lets all give them a howl of praise! ARWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!
~tmwinder~
tmwinder
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Re: When When When?

Postby ForeverEverest » Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 am

The game looks like it's coming along really well, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Also, the weekly updates on how the game's coming along are really nice, they certainly make waiting a whole lot easier, and give me something to look forward to every week.
User avatar
ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 am
Location: England, United Kingdom
Name: Everest/Evie
Gender: Female

Re: When When When?

Postby ShadowOkamiMT » Sun May 06, 2018 5:53 pm

To be fair you guys have been saying it would come soon for almost two in a half years now, I can see why people would be asking when it will actually happen. I am not sure what goes on at your computer lab over there and I am not going to judge since I know you guys are not the greatest with release dates, but honestly maybe in the future don't hype it up so early. All I have to say is you guys better not disappoint after keeping us waiting so long and hyping it like crazy. Good luck to you guys and looking forward to seeing what you bring us!
User avatar
ShadowOkamiMT
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 am
Name: Shadow
Gender: Male

Re: When When When?

Postby Koa » Sun May 06, 2018 8:39 pm

ShadowOkamiMT wrote:To be fair you guys have been saying it would come soon for almost two in a half years now, I can see why people would be asking when it will actually happen. I am not sure what goes on at your computer lab over there and I am not going to judge since I know you guys are not the greatest with release dates, but honestly maybe in the future don't hype it up so early. All I have to say is you guys better not disappoint after keeping us waiting so long and hyping it like crazy. Good luck to you guys and looking forward to seeing what you bring us!


If you’re including this thread (which is vague and does not distinguish between WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall), it’s only been a year and a half since this was announced— and an announcement of plans is very different from saying something will “come soon.” This subforum for development itself wasn’t even created until 2017.
User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 23151
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female

Re: When When When?

Postby ForeverEverest » Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 am

To add on to Koa,

Making a game is a lot of hard work, and the WolfQuest team isn't very big.

Once they've programmed everything, they then have to check for any bugs, then fix any problems they find. I do not know a lot about game designing, but I know some bugs can be tricky to fix. Finding out what the actual problem is then solving it can take a while, and fixing one bug can occasionally lead to more problems. And from what I've heard, many unexpected complications can appear when designing a game, which can really drag out the release date.

I find this topic is a good example of the complications, and why it's so hard to predict the release date:
A Very Limber Wolf
User avatar
ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 am
Location: England, United Kingdom
Name: Everest/Evie
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests



WolfQuest

Tech Support  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use and Privacy Policy  |  Abuse Reports

© 2005- Eduweb