When When When?

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Re: When When When?

Post by wolf567 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Riu123 wrote:I thought Dave would be another of the biggest wq game's programmer with Tommi. But the new model looks awesome!
Dave is WolfQuest's Game Producer and Designer. You can see a list of the teams names and roles here: http://www.wolfquest.org/about_team.php

Also here is an interesting blog Dave posted a while back, relating to the programming side of thing: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83473
Wolf567 / Blaze

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:54 pm

The wolf model is very different. But I love the panting and new emotes. :D
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:12 am

That new wolf model looks so good, ahhhhhh!
I noticed the face and ears are a bit more rounded? O:

ALSO, is that tail wagging I see with the playful motion??? Aaaahhhhh more happinesssss!
This is so worth the wait! <333

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Aah cool, glad new ear positions will be added! Always great to get more body language options. Will we be able to play face- or tail-specific emotes like airplane ears or raised tail while walking?

Love getting to see a closeup of the new model too. It kind of looks a little bit doggy though? I think it's that the nose and muzzle and the face shape may be too rounded, and the chest is too wide. Wolves are pretty narrow chested animals. But the eyes are fantastic!! They look so alive :D I don't know if the team is still up for any tweaks to the model or not. Either way this game is definitely going to be worth waiting for! :wolf:

BronRugger
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kat

Post by BronRugger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Awesome guys! I am positive the new game will be totally worth the wait. Patience is key people. Keep up the great work. We're all so excited!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Wolfwind wrote:I think it's that the nose and muzzle and the face shape may be too rounded, and the chest is too wide. Wolves are pretty narrow chested animals. But the eyes are fantastic!! They look so alive :D I don't know if the team is still up for any tweaks to the model or not. Either way this game is definitely going to be worth waiting for! :wolf:
The wolf model has been reviewed and approved by Lori Schmidt, the wolf curator at the International Wolf Center, so it's locked down and final.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 pm

The wolf looks awesome :) Wolves do have rounded ears and faces, especially in winter when their coats are fluffier, so I think it looks great. I think the ears are too tall and pointy in the 2.7 model, and resemble coyote ears more than wolf ears, so I love how rounded everything is and I think the new model will better emphasise the anatomical deffoerences between wolves and coyotes :D

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Looking at wolf pictures and having seen wolves in real life myself this looks pretty darn realistic, they're really 'round' and rectangular in shape wolves do have more narrow fronts but they have almost barrel shaped chests, very deep, good for greater lung capacity to keep up with the elk while keeping a streamlined appearance. This wolf looks great the only thing I noticed was the fur near the ears didn't have much of an angle down towards the cheek ruff and wolves legs are typically closer together, but that's being exceptionally picky there. Fantastic job guys!

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Can there be more than 8 players in Multiplayer?

Wolfie the Fox
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolfie the Fox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Woahohoh... the wolf... wow xD. I'm so excited for this, and you guys at Wolf Quest can take your sweet time, just as long as the outcome is breath takind :D

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 pm

The updates being shared with us is proof that this new version is going to be worth the wait, no matter how long it takes! The new wolfer looks too cute, and I love the emotes! 2018 better watch out~

tmwinder
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by tmwinder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 am

I think it would be cool if there could be new coat colors! I know that seems a little weird, but I'm getting tired of the old ones.

Thank you so much WolfQuest team! You do amazing work, and I can't wait to see the finished project!
~tmwinder~

P.S.
WolfQuest is my most favorite game EVER!!!! :D :D :D

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:16 am

tmwinder wrote:I think it would be cool if there could be new coat colors! I know that seems a little weird, but I'm getting tired of the old ones.

Thank you so much WolfQuest team! You do amazing work, and I can't wait to see the finished project!
~tmwinder~

P.S.
WolfQuest is my most favorite game EVER!!!! :D :D :D
Yes, WolfQuest is my second favorite game... and I'm very tired of the coats I have. (And I have all DLC because it was cheap) so I have all the soundtrack, all the coats, body mods... but I'm just tired of the coats. Do you plan on adding any new ones in the future? :D

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:43 am

TimberRaven wrote:
tmwinder wrote: Do you plan on adding any new ones in the future? :D
WQ3 will not have additional coats, but we know that many players would like more and are considering options to add more in the future.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 pm

:wolf: Ah! The anticipation is growing palpable! As with anyone else, I simply can't wait. :wolf: