Happy Thanksgiving from WolfQuest!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Happy Thanksgiving from WolfQuest!

Post by Pepper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:03 pm

[youtube]QfyatjL05Sc[/youtube]
Video link:

Thanksgiving is, at its very best, a time to pause to think about what we are thankful. We know a lot of WolfQuest players don’t have Thanksgiving as a holiday in their countries, but we would still like to share our thanks with you this week.

We are thankful for:
* Ten years of WolfQuest! It is remarkable that the game has persisted and we are able to keep improving and expanding it. Thank you to everyone for supporting WolfQuest!

* Our dedicated and enthusiastic players! Without you, WolfQuest would not be possible. We especially appreciate all the supportive and constructive comments we hear.  Your thoughtful input is always considered and helps shape the game. Also, someone makes us smile every day, which is essential to our perseverance.  

* Our talented WolfQuest team. We are thankful to work with such creative and dedicated folks.

* Those incredible gray wolves and all the creatures in their wild world. They make WolfQuest endlessly interesting to create and, hopefully, fun to play.

* Yellowstone National Park and all the conservation efforts that help ensure wolves continue to thrive in the real world too. We are thankful for parks and wild places. We hope all of you get to experience the call of the wild!

*  Finally, we are thankful for the resources and advances in technology that allow us to keep making WolfQuest more realistic and beautiful. Like this tasty new elk carcass!

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Happy Thanksgiving from WolfQuest!

Post by Polynesia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Oh my god, those wolf models are gorgeous!! I can't stop admiring their faces! And the elk carcass is beautiful!
This surprised me so much.. I had high expectations already but you guys blew them away!
You guys are awesome, I am so thankful to have people like you working on a game that depicts the natural world so beautifully. :D

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, and helloooo new wolf models!

Tlitoo
Pup
Pup
Name: T

Post by Tlitoo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too team! And I'm loving the new wolf models, smooth animations and that HUGE carcass :shock:

Fifteen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Fifteen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 pm

The new models look absolutely gorgeous !! I kept replaying the video just so I could study all of the amazing new improvements in 'em, aaa
Can't wait to see what else you guys have in store !!! ;o

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Tasty elk! Tastes like chicken, or should I say turkey? Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I’m thankful for all the hard work you put into this great game!

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Blown away by the facial expression on the new wolf models, they look amazing! And wow, event he carcasses look more realistic! I'm very excited.

BerryCupcakes
Pup
Pup
Name: Yui <3

Post by BerryCupcakes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Ahh. That wolf on the far right is so adorable, I love it. xD

The carcass looks very detailed and realistic. Good work!

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:01 am

Aww, thanks! That was kinda cute... the four wolves in front of a big, thanksgiving elk instead of a turkey.
Well, besides the amazing game WolfQuest and a good computer to play it with, I'm thankful I have a house -think of the homeless that have to sleep in the frosty grass of winter.
I'm also thankful I have a good family. :D

...And that I could find this game. :wolf: :P

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 am

Happy Thanksgiving. I can't believe WolfQuest is still kicking after all these years. Once funding ran out, I've never once imagined WolfQuest would get a second wind, that there was going to be an episode 3, and the game was going to be practically remade with the Anniversary Edition. I am thankful for all the folks at Eduweb for taking a risk to continue the project, and of course I am thankful for our community who has still remained loyal to WolfQuest after all these years. <3

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:36 am

That elk carcass looks so fluffy! ;o;
And the wolves' faces, just amazing!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Oh my goodness, look at those friendly faces! Those models are beautiful!

I'm so thankful for the production of Wolfquest 3, alongside the success of the reintroduction of Wolves to Yellowstone.

Happy late Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:46 am

I wanted to add that the nature of WQ makes it more important than a lot of other video games, since it depicts real life animal behaviour and ecology. It encourages young people to empathise with animals (they're families, like we are), it promotes responsibility through the storyline, and lets you re-create amazing events which go unseen in the wild, including those which have never been documented before but are still theoretically possible. I really hope that WQ doesn't end anytime soon, and that we can get to see an episode 4 or 5, and I am very happy that such a cool team is working on a game as important as this! :)

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Hoh. The faces of the wolves definitely look different. I'd love to see a close up comparison of them with the old model's face at some point to see what truly has changed and what's stayed the same.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:14 am

Wow! I can’t believe I’m so late to the party but man oh man, those are some smooth animations and pretty neat models. Heart eyes all around. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! Hopefully you ate even half as good as our wolf pals here. :)