More Questions Answered

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Re: More Questions Answered

Post by DragonSoul720 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:17 am

Ah! Hearing about all the mechanic changes makes me excited. Enhanced customization and more complex game play and more realistic scenarios. I'm really excited!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 am

Koa wrote:According to this post, only new maps will be apart of WolfQuest 3. I'm assuming that means Lost River will not be included, unless this post was only specifically referring to the older versions of AM/SC maps. That's not how I read it, though.
Lost River will definitely be in WQ3, but it won't be expanded or improved. Would love to do that...someday.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm a little disappointed to hear mobile and pc/mac lobbies may be split up in multiplayer, will this only be for the weaker deices? Or all mobile devics? I have an ipad mini I use to play WolfQuest on, it has 16 GB but the game runs really well on it.

The cliffs are looking gorgeous by the way :D

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm

I don't know is this was answered previously, but I had a question about predators.
Will the bears and coyotes be getting new models and AI as well? I can't imagine the cougar will be, since it's quite new.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Shiverdam wrote:I don't know is this was answered previously, but I had a question about predators.
Will the bears and coyotes be getting new models and AI as well? I can't imagine the cougar will be, since it's quite new.

I believe it was confirmed that they would be yes.

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Sorry for repeating myself, but it's been days and no one got back to me so idk if everyone was just busy or if it got bumped back too far. ;3;
Two questions,
1. For currently existing wolves saved into the players game/account, etc, will they be playable in WQ3/Tower Fall once it releases? Or will they be counted as "Outdated" meaning we have to make a new replacement wolf? I don't have a problem remaking my wolf (Likely will just to start from scratch to experience everything new that's added and updated. ;3; ) but I have played games that made it so old save files on previous versions wouldn't update with the game. Causing them to be "Outdated" or corrupt in a sense, and unplayable. Just curious how WQ will be handling it!
2. (This is more for current WQ rather than the future updates - except that the app is somewhat new? Or sense I last checked, maybe i'm late to the party lol...) I recently contemplated on getting WQ for my phone sense it's now an app game, but I've played it sense 2010 and even payed for multiple copies. (New computers, getting it on steam, etc.) Do I still have to pay to get the full version on my phone, or is there some sort of redemption code thing I could do to get the full game seeing I already paid for it on other devices? Thanks for responding to me if you get to these! ;3;
CapriciousCeilican wrote:If someone mods this game the way Skyrim sometimes gets modded, prepare for entire herds of Thomas the Tank Engine.
Also this SERIOUSLY got me thinking and giggling, I didn't expect to laugh so much at the idea but it's a good laughter. x'D

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

We are making new, bigger and better maps for Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek. Maybe someday we’ll do the same for Lost River, but it’s low priority for now. WQ 3 will only have the new maps,
yes but my point was that the post speaks of ENLARGING...I don't see why Lost River can't be included as IS....doesn't need to be any larger, especially as it is NOT based on an actual area in Yellowstone. I wouldn't want that awesome map to be lost just because it wasn't being enlarged.

Please, PLEASE include it (as is)

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Rustic wrote:
We are making new, bigger and better maps for Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek. Maybe someday we’ll do the same for Lost River, but it’s low priority for now. WQ 3 will only have the new maps,
yes but my point was that the post speaks of ENLARGING...I don't see why Lost River can't be included as IS....doesn't need to be any larger, especially as it is NOT based on an actual area in Yellowstone. I wouldn't want that awesome map to be lost just because it wasn't being enlarged.

Please, PLEASE include it (as is)
Lost River is still being included
Lost River will definitely be in WQ3, but it won't be expanded or improved. Would love to do that...someday.

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks for the clarification Roguemooon. :)

Soooo VERY glad it is not being excluded!!

ChillyTiger9807
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ChillyTiger9807 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 am

I'm not entirely clear on whether the enlarged maps will be coming in the Anniversary Update or Tower Fall/WQ 3, but I do have a question. Because these maps are going to be so much larger, is there a possibility that maybe one day in the future the amount of wolves per server will be raised as well, as it was back in 2016? I realize that server size/support is an issue, and adding too many more wolves would be a bit hectic, but if the maps are to be much larger it seems like a reasonable question.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:01 am

ChillyTiger9807 wrote:I'm not entirely clear on whether the enlarged maps will be coming in the Anniversary Update or Tower Fall/WQ 3 [...]
The enlarged maps will be part of WolfQuest 3, which is the Anniversary Update. http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83157

I don't currently have an answer to your question. I assume that in the case of mobile devices especially, more wolves could be an issue, but the dev team might have some more thoughts on that.

howl-ite
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by howl-ite » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Almondere wrote:I'm a little disappointed to hear mobile and pc/mac lobbies may be split up in multiplayer, will this only be for the weaker deices? Or all mobile devics? I have an ipad mini I use to play WolfQuest on, it has 16 GB but the game runs really well on it.

I also have this concern, the majority of my friends on the game are pc players, and it would be really disappointing to be split up from them. But at the end of the day of this is what you have to do, then go for it I guess.

Onikin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lee, Queen

Post by Onikin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 pm

:cry: I'm feeling anxious about how the game will run on mobile.... you mentioned that it will not run on cheaper devices, but does that include Android? It will crush me If I can't experience the game play on the go...

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:40 am

This came up on the Wiki a couple of days ago and I'm curious too-

How will the migration from 2.7 to 3.0 work? Will our 2.7 accounts be compatible in 3.0, or will we be required to create new accounts?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:37 am

Neamara wrote:This came up on the Wiki a couple of days ago and I'm curious too-

How will the migration from 2.7 to 3.0 work? Will our 2.7 accounts be compatible in 3.0, or will we be required to create new accounts?
Accounts will work in 3.0, exactly the same.

You'll be able to import your 2.7 wolves and saved games into 3 (but not vice versa). We also plan to keep 2.7 available (how exactly will vary depending on the platform -- got some ideas but haven't thoroughly investigated/tested them yet), so you can always go back and play 2.7 if you want.

We'd sure prefer to keep mobile and PC games in the same multiplayer lobbies, but as I've said, it's possible that doing this would basically cripple the PC version in pretty major ways, holding it back significantly, and we don't want to do that either. Won't really have an answer to that for awhile.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer