about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

More Questions Answered

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: More Questions Answered

Postby YouFooledMe » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:03 am

Are there gonna be more laying positions in WQ3? Maybe laying down with the wolf's head up or laying flat on their sides with their head turned.
YouFooledMe
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Archenic » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 pm

This is so sick I can't wait to play the game, I'm glad you get the chance to add all this new stuff. :D Are we allowed to leave suggestions here or is there a specific place for it? Because I've always wondered if you plan to make elk carcasses last longer-it seemed to me like they are eaten up too quickly. If there are less carcasses lying around, and hunting will get harder, maybe making the few out there last longer would be more realistic? I've heard wolves can make one large animal last at least a few days/a week?
Archenic
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby 7KodaWolf7 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:05 pm

..... WOW! This is awesome news! Gosh, the hype for this is so high! :lol: :wolf:
7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Name: Asher

Postby Casualties » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Very wonderful news :butterfly:
Sky is the limit :)
Casualties
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Colt Gray

Postby Tlitoo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm excited to see this all in the new version when its released :) Can't wait! (But I will XD)
Tlitoo
Pup
Pup

Name: T or Clo

Postby NoyaTusk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:11 pm

This is all very exciting to hear, thanks for keeping us updated dave!
NoyaTusk

Name: Tuskian/Noya/Val

Postby Sunnystar1000 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:47 am

This looks great! That said, I was wondering if there would be a minor update involving bushes. I've noticed in gameplay with 2.7 there don't seem to be any berry bushes, and the fact the rabbits, bears, and birds will eat them makes me wonder why. It would be nice if there were at least a few of these included in the new map, but I understand staff are already implementing a lot of new things into the game so I won't be overly upset if it doesn't get included. Just wanted to point it out as a friendly suggestion :D
Sunnystar1000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Ruse

Postby AveryCF » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:07 am

You know, I found myself wondering this a few days ago and totally forgot to ask but... Will old savefiles be possible to play (Before WQ 3/Tower Fall releases) seeing they used all the "old/classic" game stuff? Will they end up becoming adjusted/altered to be played? Or, will they be rendered unplayable sense they used the "old" codebase? (Old in quotes because by the time all the new code releases- well, then the current code, will be "old". x'D)

I planned on remaking my main wolf Kayu after the new codebase is implemented and released to the public just to get a fresh start and experience it all over from the beginning once more. ;3; To live each change from the start... -But it doesn't mean I don't wonder if i'd HAVE to anyways. If my actions would be choice, or the only option if my old game wasn't playable anyways.
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Postby Tylercutecat06 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:38 pm

i am super EXCITED FOR THIS!!! i thank you all so much for making a game like this... i am studying computer design, i hope one day to join your team and keep making this game the best one of all! :D
Tylercutecat06
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Tyler

Postby chris the wolf 6 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Cannot wait! :D
chris the wolf 6
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Koa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 pm

chris the wolf 6 wrote:Cannot wait! :D

Please make sure your posts are at least three words in the future so they are not considered SPAM.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby xBlue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Super excited for this on Mobile! <33
xBlue
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Blue

Postby roguemoon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 pm

The little sneak peek of Amethyst Mountain is beyond stunning! I'm thrilled to see more previews as development progresses. You guys are doing fantastic work.
roguemoon
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Postby Rustic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 pm

We aren’t planning to let you place scars anywhere you like, though. The main problem is that the fur covers most of the body so scars aren’t even visible under the fur (and it gets quite complicated to let players remove fur from an areas of the body).

Predefined scars (in already determined places) are fine by me....I know when I had asked about them before, what I was wanting was scars separate from the coat itself. Meaning an overlay (even if predefined) so that once you have chosen a coat color/pattern via the sliders, if you then go and choose to add a scar the scar pattern goes on top of the coat you just designed. The way it is now, it totally changes the whole coat color/pattern, rather than working with the chosen color/pattern.

I have another question....could be wrong...but I thought I read somewhere on the forums, that Lost River would not be included in WolfQuest 3. I hope that is not the case as I love the map and even if it were not to be expanded, I would hope it would be included as is.
Rustic
Yearling
Yearling

Postby AveryCF » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Rustic wrote:I have another question....could be wrong...but I thought I read somewhere on the forums, that Lost River would not be included in WolfQuest 3. I hope that is not the case as I love the map and even if it were not to be expanded, I would hope it would be included as is.

If I got it right then I think I can just help answer this. ;3; Tower Fall is said to be a DLC (Meaning you'd have to buy it when it releases. I think they said it'll be 6-8 bucks? Pretty cheap still. c: ) while WQ 3, aka the new codebase being installed in preparation for Tower Falls release, will be an automatic update to the current Wolf Quest game. This means that they will, sadly yes, be separate. But I hope this helps out your question? I'm not a member of the staff, so of course if i'm wrong i'm wrong and anyone can come and correct me. c:
As for Lost River, LR (God, personally- that Map scares the living daylights out of me. Something is seriously world ending creepy about it but that's just me. x'D) was added later on. Now i'm not sure when seeing I took a break from WQ for a few years (Tbh, I forgot about it. Whoops. ;~; ) before I saw it on Steam and childhood memories came rushing back to me... So, idk, I haven't seen anything about current map removals in WQ 3? Just that all the maps (Or at least the classic Amethyst Mountain and of course Slough Creek) would be expanded... Not sure why they would choose to remove maps unless it was damaging the game or a struggle to keep it around, but if that were the case then I don't think the team would be attempting to expand older maps? You'd think it'd be the opposite. Ether way, as far as I know of maps, I know Tower Falls new area will be added in a DLC and the older "Story Mode" maps will be expanded upon. Was it a staff or even older member that said LR would be removed? If not, I think it might of just been a rumor but I could of been wrong...
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog