Where the Wild Elk Are

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Re: Where the Wild Elk Are

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 pm

This is absolutely stunning! I wonder though will any deals eventually be made with xbox or ps4 to get it on a console for easier gaming access?
bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup

Post by bonnie bunny » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm

I watched the video on Youtube earlier, this looks so amazing and I can't wait. I wonder if I can get my mom to let me get Tower Fall when it's released, this certainly makes the WQ expierience more realistic and challenging, can't wait!
Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:14 am

Oh maaaaaan! This is amazing! This looks totally wonderful!
WolfQuesst is going to be such a realistic game. When I was young I could only dream of this, and now years later it's actually happening. It's becoming more and more realistic with each new update! o:

Keep up the great work, WolfQuest Team! You people are wonderful!
Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Post by Phasoli » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am

loboLoco wrote: And we’ll soon be extending this system to stranger wolf packs and all the other animals in the game, so all the denizens of the game will move about the game-world more naturalistically.
Oh my goodness... Is this to say that the stranger wolves will be free roaming? Wow, the possibilities of this new format is amazing and limitless!

This is going to add a whole new flavour to exploring and seeking a mate. I've been chewing my fingernails with each new update. I'm afraid that I won't have any left by the time that the game comes out, haha. I cannot wait!
SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:54 am

I'm going to cry :shock:
just one question
Will some features of this update be paid for :?:
FuzzyDesertPaw
Pup
Pup
Name: Skyla

Post by FuzzyDesertPaw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 am

Looks nice! WolfQuest begin so realistic,I'm so exited. Can't wait WolfQuest 3 come out! :D
Player4437

Post by Player4437 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:17 pm

loboLoco wrote:
CapriciousCeilican wrote:I saw the question asked on YouTube a few times, and I'm curious as well; will the elk sleep at night or bed down at certain times?
Yup! (But one will keep an eye open for sneaky predators.)
I was so excited hearing about new hunting "plan" but this opened my ears and eyes! This is not the case with many simulator games.
Great job, WQ Team!
Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 am

loboLoco wrote:
Sunset-Light wrote:This looks really cool and a lot more realistic, but that worries me even more...

My laptop can handle the current game on Fast graphics- but it's like a chair with three and a half legs. With this sort of thing, I am aware that basically everything in the environments and models would probably have to have terrible graphics in order for my laptop to handle WQ3 at all. I'd love to get an actual gaming computer, but I can't- this laptop is only about 2 years old, so I don't exactly have a good excuse to get a new one... I desperately want to get the update when it comes out, but I don't think I'll be able to.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining- that isn't my intention. It's just my concerns.
We're going to have more quality levels than I'm 2.7, and will certainly try to have the lowest level be equivalent to 2.7, but if your computer struggles with it now, I can't promise anything.
Thank you- I'd say my computer with the current game isn't all that bad, it can handle 8-player multiplayer with very little lag, so maybe I'm just worrying too much.
WindDancingHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lusa

Post by WindDancingHowl » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Eeeek! I'm so excited! I love WolfQuest so much, it is so realistic and interesting, but after awhile of playing it, I've kind of figured out my strategies which makes the game a bit less exciting. I don't like to just use a harder game mode because all that does is make you work more, not necessarily make the work harder(especially in Amethyst). This will definitely make the game more challenging, and I can't wait to start playing and try my hand at mastering this too! Keep up the great work!
Starbender2000
Pup
Pup

Post by Starbender2000 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes! This is how the wolves do it people! I like how you added this so it's like real life where actual wolves will sometimes follow there prey track them down and slowly wear them down and kill them so they can eat! :wolf: :D

-StarBender2000
Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Oh WOW this is why I love wolfquest and declare it the ONLY wolf sim game to play...nothing and I mean NOTHING else even comes close..

You guys are great! All the work and effort to make the game fun AND realistic at the same time. I sooo can't wait for all of this!!!
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:11 pm

The elk will be bedding down at night? That's really interesting! I wonder if one could be sneaky enough to do a surprise attack on a sleeping elk?

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”