about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

New Hunting Moves

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: New Hunting Moves

Postby Ecliptic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 pm

I know that I've already posted here, but... I just made a realization. This is going to make moose hunting a lot harder, being able to bite and hold while the moose spins around, which makes it impossible for it to kick other players. But now, we can't bite and hold the moose, so that means many of our strategies will be foiled :o. I guess we will have to come up with new plans.
Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Postby Sobakka » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Excited to see this in the game, it'll spice hunting up a little bit. After awhile mowing through herds of elk gets a bit boring, but with different places to attack from that'll definitely make it more interactive and it'll certainly make pack hunting far more entertaining to watch with wolves latched onto legs and other body parts. Really looking forward to wolf quest 3!
Sobakka

Postby Wolfyyy123 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm

WolfQuest has improved scents Episode one I can't wait for Episode 3 what am most excited about is new wolf models and more stuff can't wait new update! I like thank the WolfQuest team for working on programs and developing the game we know and love
Wolfyyy123
Pup
Pup

Postby SolitaryHowl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Will this new hunting/attack method apply to other animals, like Moose, Bears, maybe mule deer (though they might be too small), etc?
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Postby loboLoco » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:45 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Will this new hunting/attack method apply to other animals, like Moose, Bears, maybe mule deer (though they might be too small), etc?

Generally yes. (Haven't gotten into details on mule deer yet, as they are a bit different.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby noir_187 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 am

i'm looking forward to seeing this in the game, it sounds like it'll add a lot more depth to the hunting experience. it'll look better and be more realistic too ^^
noir_187
Pup
Pup

Name: Alex

Postby Starbender2000 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 pm

:D Can't stop laughing! XD

-StarBender2000 :wolf:
Starbender2000
Pup
Pup

Postby FuzzyDesertPaw » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:16 am

Please don't change it! It's just awesome! Looks pretty realistic :D
FuzzyDesertPaw
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Name: Skyla

Postby roguemoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:42 pm

I haven't even commented yet on how great the updated wolf model looks. Even just the quick clip of it running you can already see the improvements.
roguemoon
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Postby AveryCF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:55 am

I think i'd be whimpering too if I folded in half grabbing my snack. x'D

All joking aside, you have my applause. Not-... Not unlocking new glitches, of course. x'D But actually trying to go for what you avoided so many years ago. Plus, that new "Select the spot you want to bite down on" MID attack? Not only can I see that as a challenge, but a fun challenge with it's own consequences. I can't wait to see what will happen once... Well... Once our poor wolves don't fold in half. x'D (Good luck WQ team. ;3; )
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Postby Noctis_ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:44 pm

It looks like Floppy has been a bad influence on our wolves.

I have to applaud the team on their hard work and perseverance. It would've been easy to just keep the hunting moves as they were, but the team is going out of their way to improve, as always.
The ability to 'stack' wolves onto prey brings up a thought-- Will the prey slow down progressively as more and more wolves join in? I imagine it would be difficult to run at full speed with four grown wolves hanging from your sides, especially if they were gripping the legs.
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Polynesia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:49 am

It looks like the attack animation is different as well? I would love to see a GIF of it because it looks really nice :D ^-^
Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Postby MysteryFoxSpirt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Woah! Sweet. Can't wait to see this in multiplayer. Four wolves holding on, while the rest of the pack stays nearby to take another wolf's space when it lets go of the elk. :wolf: ur awsome! Keep up the good work, guys! (Remember! No pressure. If people are really impatient, and acting bosy, ignore them! Always take your time, and make it look good!) :wolf:
MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup

Name: Mystery

Postby Black Burn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Ouch!! Poor wolf, funny though, I love the fact that you can crab on to the fetlocks
Very realistic.
It'll be great not grabbing on to the front of the elk and it look like your wolfs doing
The Moon Walk.
Black Burn
Fire Finder
Fire Finder

Name: BB for short

Postby TimberRaven » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 am

Black Burn wrote:Ouch!! Poor wolf, funny though, I love the fact that you can crab on to the fetlocks
Very realistic.
It'll be great not grabbing on to the front of the elk and it look like your wolfs doing
The Moon Walk.

Ahaha, the moon walk. Sometimes a player dies from holding on like that, but they're moon walking instead of lying down. It's funny. :lol:
Now now, have I already posted in this topic...? Anyway, poor wolf. Oh, also a question. Will, like 2.7., bull moose be able to give two kicks and you're dead? They don't even use their antlers.... :shock: Brutal moose :!:
And same with cow moose. Three kicks, then you're dead? And bull elk! Four kicks, you're dead.
Also, when you die, SP or MP, your wolf is deleted if you play Arduous or Bring it On!. You must make a new one because well, in real life, wolves don't rise back up a few minutes later! Plus players will freak out a little more when MP players die, and I exclaim when players die... if that player were playing Bring it On! and if you play Pretty Easy, you'll be able to just wake back up when you die, same wolf and all. :) I mean, that's not a bug, that's an idea.
TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Name: gIMME dAT

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog