Help support
WolfQuest 3 development!

Donate button

Follow us on social media
to see the latest news
about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby Neamara » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:03 pm

@TheOnlyTherian: Please refrain from double posting as doing so is considered a form of SPAM, therefore your posts have been merged again. Please make sure you have reviewed the Forum Guidelines for further information and definitions. Thank you.

TheOnlyTherian wrote:(Off topic: I love your profile picture, where did you get it from?)
Additionally, please also make sure your posts are relevant to the thread; anything off-topic is best asked or discussed via private message.
User avatar
Neamara
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
 
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Location: No Hope
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby LightWolfLucy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:42 am

Hi so wq3 was supposed to come out for the anniversary then early 2018 now Iv Been told by a mod it’s not imminent and won’t come out til late 2018? Which also means tower fall will be pushed back?
Why all the delays?
No I am not hating on wq just generally curious I know it takes a lot of work to get a game just right and I’m
Not dis appreciating all the hard work.

    Post Merge
Also will there be an update video for wq3 tomorrow or Friday on your youtube ?
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪
User avatar
LightWolfLucy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Anywhere you’re not xx
Name: Lucy
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby Kereudio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am

Dave has provided a few reasons for the delays, as follows: (bolded parts mine for emphasis)

Our original plan was to make a new map/episode, Tower Fall, then go back and revise the Amethyst and Slough Creek missions to bring them up to par with Tower Fall. But as we work on these new systems, that plan became increasingly unsatisfactory. It would be quite strange to play through the current game, then go to Tower Fall and find all-new systems that create (we think!) much better gameplay. You all who’ve been playing the game already would probably understand that, but new players would not, and it would not make a great player experience overall.

So we revised that plan, flipping the release schedule around. Now we’re going to release a major game update, WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition first. Then we will release the expansion Tower Fall. Both will be coming sometime in 2018.


What else will be new in the Anniversary Edition?
* New, more robust codebase for all gameplay
* Improved camera and wolf controller
* More naturalistic AI logic
* New animal models
* Improved hunting gameplay
* Bigger and better maps (49 square kilometers each!)
* More naturalistic animal spawning and scent system
* More naturalistic territory system
* And more!


When will it be released?

When it's done :)

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates, except for "coming in 2018."


Source: this topic

Why the moving date? When we started work on Tower Fall, we thought we could have it done by the end of 2017. But then we decided to dig in and create a complete remake of WolfQuest. That mean a fresh start on the codebase to create a modern foundation for the game. Still, we thought we could have that done by the end of 2017 (or even early 2018). Neither expectation has come true, unfortunately.

That’s the bad news. The good news is the reason why: As you’ve seen in our weekly blog posts over the past four months, we really are making a bigger and better version of WolfQuest. We’re rethinking and redesigning each system of the game, from the wolf-controller to stranger wolves (both hostile and potentially friendly) to hunting mechanics to elk herding behaviors. We’re making vastly larger and more realistic maps. There will be new and improved 3D animal models and animations living in a world of more realistic terrain and flora. And each of these has, naturally, taken far more time than we had optimistically imagined.


So…when? When it’s ready. But as our wolf above indicates, there’s too much uncertainty to give a specific release date yet. (That new emote is called “airplane ears.” It expresses uncertainty.)


Source: When When When?
User avatar
Kereudio
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 pm
Name: Maya
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby Neamara » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:36 am

@LightWolfLucy: Please refrain from double posting as doing so is considered a form of SPAM, therefore your posts have been merged. Please make sure you have reviewed the Forum Guidelines for further information and definitions. Thank you.

LightWolfLucy wrote:Hi so wq3 was supposed to come out for the anniversary then early 2018 now [...] Which also means tower fall will be pushed back?
Why all the delays?
If you've followed the project long enough, you'll see a lot of deadlines in the past have been repeatedly set. From the first post of this thread:
loboLoco wrote:When will it be released?

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates, except for "coming in 2018."
Hence this time there is only an estimate of "2018", which is why there are no specific dates. The development team isn't huge either so naturally these things take time. On that note, there is still plenty of time left in the year. Please be patient. ^^

LightWolfLucy wrote:Iv Been told by a mod it’s not imminent and won’t come out til late 2018?
Looking over your previous post, Isela's response made no indication of a "late 2018" launch. I'd encourage reading the When When When? entry, which has been stickied in this forum, as well as the first post of this thread which is the current official estimate provided by the producer.

LightWolfLucy wrote:Also will there be an update video for wq3 tomorrow or Friday on your youtube ?
Most likely, yes.
User avatar
Neamara
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
 
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Location: No Hope
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby LightWolfLucy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:38 am

Okumuras wrote:Dave has provided a few reasons for the delays, as follows: (bolded parts mine for emphasis)

Our original plan was to make a new map/episode, Tower Fall, then go back and revise the Amethyst and Slough Creek missions to bring them up to par with Tower Fall. But as we work on these new systems, that plan became increasingly unsatisfactory. It would be quite strange to play through the current game, then go to Tower Fall and find all-new systems that create (we think!) much better gameplay. You all who’ve been playing the game already would probably understand that, but new players would not, and it would not make a great player experience overall.

So we revised that plan, flipping the release schedule around. Now we’re going to release a major game update, WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition first. Then we will release the expansion Tower Fall. Both will be coming sometime in 2018.


What else will be new in the Anniversary Edition?
* New, more robust codebase for all gameplay
* Improved camera and wolf controller
* More naturalistic AI logic

* New animal models
* Improved hunting gameplay
* Bigger and better maps (49 square kilometers each!)
* More naturalistic animal spawning and scent system
* More naturalistic territory system
* And more!


When will it be released?

When it's done :)

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates, except for "coming in 2018."


Source: this topic

Why the moving date? When we started work on Tower Fall, we thought we could have it done by the end of 2017. But then we decided to dig in and create a complete remake of WolfQuest. That mean a fresh start on the codebase to create a modern foundation for the game. Still, we thought we could have that done by the end of 2017 (or even early 2018). Neither expectation has come true, unfortunately.

That’s the bad news. The good news is the reason why: As you’ve seen in our weekly blog posts over the past four months, we really are making a bigger and better version of WolfQuest. We’re rethinking and redesigning each system of the game, from the wolf-controller to stranger wolves (both hostile and potentially friendly) to hunting mechanics to elk herding behaviors. We’re making vastly larger and more realistic maps. There will be new and improved 3D animal models and animations living in a world of more realistic terrain and flora. And each of these has, naturally, taken far more time than we had optimistically imagined.


So…when? When it’s ready. But as our wolf above indicates, there’s too much uncertainty to give a specific release date yet. (That new emote is called “airplane ears.” It expresses uncertainty.)


Source: When When When?



yes i have seen all these delays already i meant the sudden early to late, as i was only told early a few days prier to being told late today but thanks (:

    Post Merge
Neamara wrote:@LightWolfLucy: Please refrain from double posting as doing so is considered a form of SPAM, therefore your posts have been merged. Please make sure you have reviewed the Forum Guidelines for further information and definitions. Thank you.

LightWolfLucy wrote:Hi so wq3 was supposed to come out for the anniversary then early 2018 now [...] Which also means tower fall will be pushed back?
Why all the delays?
If you've followed the project long enough, you'll see a lot of deadlines in the past have been repeatedly set. From the first post of this thread:
loboLoco wrote:When will it be released?

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates, except for "coming in 2018."
Hence this time there is only an estimate of "2018", which is why there are no specific dates. The development team isn't huge either so naturally these things take time. On that note, there is still plenty of time left in the year. Please be patient. ^^

LightWolfLucy wrote:Iv Been told by a mod it’s not imminent and won’t come out til late 2018?
Looking over your previous post, Isela's response made no indication of a "late 2018" launch. I'd encourage reading the When When When? entry, which has been stickied in this forum, as well as the first post of this thread which is the current official estimate provided by the producer.

LightWolfLucy wrote:Also will there be an update video for wq3 tomorrow or Friday on your youtube ?
Most likely, yes.



thanks (: sorry for all the questions, im only impatient bc im going into a serious school year which means no time to play :( that's why i want to know when itll be out sooner rather than later as i want as much time to play as possible and omg yes cant wait for the youtube upload! ty (:
also i wasn't told late 2018 on this forum i was told it via email from a mod.
the email message i received :
Thanks for your email, and we appreciate your enthusiasm for WolfQuest. We don’t have a release date yet, but it’s not imminent, unfortunately. Later in 2018.
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪
User avatar
LightWolfLucy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Anywhere you’re not xx
Name: Lucy
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby Flamesky » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:30 pm

I bought the game around the time of the 2.7 update, so I am looking forward to the free update when it comes. I plan on buying the Tower Fall episode as well. That will definitely be more challenging with a 49 square kilometer map instead of a 2 square kilometer one. Thanks for all the work you put into making this game better! :wolf:
User avatar
Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby alleykat3000 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:46 pm

I'm so excited to see how the new game continues to be made, I can't wait to just get it and play it all day long! Good luck making the game WQ!! :D
User avatar
alleykat3000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby dym » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:24 am

I have a somewhat minor question, but will we be able to look up in scent view rather than just being glued to the ground (which kinda makes sense now that I think of it). All in all, will there be more camera angles?
User avatar
dym
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby Midnight199 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:53 am

I have a few questions:
Will we still have the compass?
and will the jumping animation be improved? :D :D
Can't wait for this game to come out XD
Midnight199
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:09 am

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby DeelWolfy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:40 am

I have a question, will the other wolves (dispersal and hostile) have the features from 2.7? As in notched ear, radio collar .etc?
DeelWolfy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am
Name: Holly^^
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Postby Frodo1 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 am

DeelWolfy wrote:I have a question, will the other wolves (dispersal and hostile) have the features from 2.7? As in notched ear, radio collar .etc?

Well, if we look at last week's blog post (concerning courtship), it does appear that two of the dispersal wolves in the video have a bent ear-- most notably the lighter colored one that enters at about a minute in.
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=84477
Keep in mind, the game is still under development and things may change before it's complete, but it does seem that the plan is to let dispersals have these features. No footage of hostile wolves has yet been released, so we don't have anything to go off there.
User avatar
Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:35 pm
Location: Over here
Name: Frodo/Jay
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Postby Xenolexica » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Question, if we growl at cougars on rocks for a minute will they be able to come down now? Please?
Xenolexica
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:56 pm
Location: Narnia. Hell. It varies.
Name: Bella
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Postby cloudlover07 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Will we see elk carcasses vanish in water as in the current version, or will they float/ go to a shallow end of a water source?
cloudlover07
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:50 pm
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Postby Nukilik_Ulva » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:47 pm

I'm curious, will there be PvP in multiplayer? Maybe it is an option that could be turned on/off? Also, will there be player vs NPC wolves? If currently no, are those things that could possibly be implemented?
User avatar
Nukilik_Ulva
Yearling
Yearling
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: 7Trillion-315Billion-292Million-160Thousand, square feet of Texan land :)
Gender: Female

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Postby Neamara » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Nukilik_Ulva wrote:I'm curious, will there be PvP in multiplayer? Maybe it is an option that could be turned on/off? Also, will there be player vs NPC wolves? If currently no, are those things that could possibly be implemented?
This was answered last year in the devblog entry Community and Competition. In short, yes.
User avatar
Neamara
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
 
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Location: No Hope
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests



WolfQuest

Tech Support  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use and Privacy Policy  |  Abuse Reports

© 2005- Eduweb