about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Mapmaking

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

Re: Mapmaking

Postby paperpaws » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:53 am

Lebron BMT wrote:Does this mean the Amethyst Mountain episode will no longer take place in the fall? I hope that's not the case as it would disrupt the progression of the story and the game that we have so far (finding a mate in the fall, having pups in spring, and now raising them in the summer in Tower Fall). Also, having two places set in spring would make both maps appear graphically similar to each other. The full of life atmosphere that Slough Creek in the spring gives off in comparison to Amethyst Mountain would also be lost.

The map's size is being increased, but I do not believe the basic format of the game and its progression will change. If you watch the video starting at about ~2:20 (https://youtu.be/Ht2GLhxSwps?t=140), you'll hear that the dev team is going to give the Amethyst Mountain map its familiar autumn-like apperance again.
paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby PearlyReborn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Lebron BMT wrote:Does this mean the Amethyst Mountain episode will no longer take place in the fall? I hope that's not the case as it would disrupt the progression of the story and the game that we have so far (finding a mate in the fall, having pups in spring, and now raising them in the summer in Tower Fall). Also, having two places set in spring would make both maps appear graphically similar to each other. The full of life atmosphere that Slough Creek in the spring gives off in comparison to Amethyst Mountain would also be lost.

No, we're still in autumn for Amethyst Mountain.
PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Name: Meg

Postby Ecliptic » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:51 pm

PearlyReborn wrote:

No, we're still in autumn for Amethyst Mountain.

That's true, though Dave did say he hoped for different seasons in each map for the future.
Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Re: When When When?

Postby CURSEvi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:14 am

I know this is a late response, but I have something I need to put out in the universe :D. PLS READ.

So I'm known on WQ as being the extremely strong, but extremely slow wolf. Some call me tank or hulk wolf because I can demolish prey in hunting servers easily. I love having a 100 strength wolf, it makes me different because I don't come across many people who are willing to sacrifice their speed the way I do. I am extremely slow. I get why WQ has strong wolves be slower, and I chose to have 100 strength, so that means I also chose being extremely slow. All my friends are small and fast, so I help them hunt, but whenever anyone says the word "Aspen" I cringe. Do you know how long it takes me to run to Aspen? I will ugly cry.

Here is my issue. The maps in WQ3 are supposed to be 10 TIMES BIGGER. This is good and bad. I am happy for more space, because you can get bored easily in a small area. HOWEVER I AM SLOW, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE ME TO RUN OUT ON 10X MORE MAP? Again, I understand, I chose to be slow. I accept that. I am a slow. I know I can change it if I don't like it, BUT I NEED THE POWER OF 100 STRENGTH, IT IS WHAT I AM KNOWN FOR. Do you know what the others will say if I showed up with a 50 strength wolf? Unacceptable.

With that being said, do you think it is possible to make slower wolves at least a little faster so that WQ3 is more enjoyable for me? I refuse to give up my 100 strength. It is who I am now. Can you at least take the request into consideration? I feel like all my fast friends are going to be zooming around the new map and I will be left out. We all hunt together, and they will have to wait for my slow tail to get to the herds when we find them. This is purely for game enjoyment only. I am not asking to be faster than weaker wolves, they can get faster, too so it is fair. I am fine with being the slowest, I am just thinking that if the maps are 10X BIGGER I will never make it, my wolf might fall over dead from running (and yes that has happened before, RIP me).

Plsss think of the slow wolves when you design the new maps. Lost River is my worst nightmare, I almost refuse to go to that map, the terrain hurts my soul. (I mean you do an excellent job creating the game, it is just painful to run as slow as I do on that map.)

Ok many thanks. Hope to be a little faster in WQ3 so I can enjoy the maps instead of ugly crying as I run in slow motion. (A perk to being slow is my friends say I look majestic when I disappear over mountains because it's like I'm always running in slow motion. I move slow but I KILL fast :D).

CURSE
CURSEvi
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Previous

Return to WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog