By Popular Demand...Hydration!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

ClownfishtheDJ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Emygra or Mist
Location: Howling with the wolves, grazing with the elk and deer, and adventuring with the coyotes in MT.

Re: By Popular Demand...Hydration!

Post by ClownfishtheDJ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 am

Can't wait for hydration! I bet the wolves are thirsty.. They must be VERY tough to still be alive after about, 10 years at least? :P . This also gives roleplayers like me a wider range of options on storylines. And maybe I'll be able to take down my first bull elk... After about 5 years, heh!
ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:22 pm

The drinking animation looks great! But will drinking water be a mandatory thing? Is there also going to be a drinking meter (just like the hunger/health)
meter for our wolf? Some people were thinking that a meter for thirst would be great and make the game more challenging but others... think otherwise. Oh well,
I'll just wait and see. But other than that, great work! (I don't know if these questions have been answered already but if they have please then let me know x3)
CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

loboLoco wrote:Water can be quite a distance away, so we don't want to make it a requirement that could get annoying, but a helpful boost (and just fun for RPing).
No, drinking water won't be a requirement.
wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:54 pm

:wolf: Most excellent! I have been wondering when the developers would add this in so therefore, I cannot wait until it's initially released! :wolf:
Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:50 am

I like that hydration is being added, but I would prefer a mode, where you could choose to make it a requirement. I love the realism that WolfQuest has, and having to drink would add to that immersion. It would also really make you think where you put your den.

Perhaps at a later date. Right now, I'm just happy that hydration is a thing now!
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Kitsuma wrote:I like that hydration is being added, but I would prefer a mode, where you could choose to make it a requirement. I love the realism that WolfQuest has, and having to drink would add to that immersion. It would also really make you think where you put your den.

Perhaps at a later date. Right now, I'm just happy that hydration is a thing now!
Good idea. You should share it on the ideas thread.
DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Post by DragonSoul720 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Oh awesome! For me, this is the thing that I don't ever think about, but when I have it, will appreciate greatly lol
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:40 am

Quite thrilled! Was anyone else here before resting was added? It's so great to see our wolves coming to life now. I remember the days where it was always daytime, spring/summer time, and there was no resting or drinking. -I also don't miss those days whatsoever, seeing Wolf Quest pop with life now makes an old player extremely happy. ;3;

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”