A Fresh Start

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Asher

Re: A Fresh Start

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Wow, this is awesome news! Looking forward to all of it. I'm proud of how far Wolfquest has come in such a short amount of time. :D

chris the wolf 6
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by chris the wolf 6 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 pm

That's awesome. Hopefully when it's released I can get it.

Tlitoo
Pup
Pup
Name: T or Clo

Post by Tlitoo » Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Ive got one question. Will there be calves in the other maps as well, and are you guys thinking about that or is it undecided? Aso, will you possibly add fish to the rivers in the future? :)

CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Wed May 31, 2017 6:28 am

loboLoco wrote:First: We won't be adding ambulatory calves to Slough Creek. There are some technical reasons which we'll explain in a future blog post, but it's also due to timing: Elk and moose calves aren't born until late May/early June. Wolves make the journey to the rendezvous site in early June, so those offspring would not be wandering around as they will be later in the summer in Tower Fall. So that won't be an issue.
I thought I remembered seeing the answer to your question somewhere, but here it is.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=75
Last edited by CapriciousCeilican on Wed May 31, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neamara
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by Neamara » Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 am

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the effects of a refreshed codebase when the new episode launches! ^^

HollowedWyld wrote:
arrowlove18 demon wrote:Ive got one question. Will there be calves in the other maps as well, and are you guys thinking about that or is it undecided? Aso, will you possibly add fish to the rivers in the future? :)
loboLoco wrote:First: We won't be adding ambulatory calves to Slough Creek. There are some technical reasons which we'll explain in a future blog post, but it's also due to timing: Elk and moose calves aren't born until late May/early June. Wolves make the journey to the rendezvous site in early June, so those offspring would not be wandering around as they will be later in the summer in Tower Fall. So that won't be an issue.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=75
Appreciate that you're quoting and sourcing the developer's post HollowedWyld, but please try to add a little more content to your posts in the future as quoting without adding anything new to your response is deemed a form of SPAM. ^^;
WQ Coordinator wrote:•Quoting yourself or another member without adding anything new to the conversation. (Saying "^ this" under a quote is considered SPAM.)
Source: Forum Guidelines

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 am

I've been keeping up with all of the updates, but wanted to say that I'm really pleased with how you guys are progressing - not to mention that the wolf in the other thread looks great and that changing eye colour is defined a welcomed addition! Thanks to the team for all of your hard work and continued efforts for the project!

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am

loboLoco wrote:[...] But we think those are tolerable tradeoffs given all the benefits of a new codebase — and the robust platform it will give us for future development. (Episode 4, anyone?)
Hahaha, better to finish Episode 3 first before you start thinking about another one. :P

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:10 pm

loboLoco wrote:we do want to rebuild those episodes eventually with the new codebase, as long as sales continue at a decent level.
This may be slightly off-topic, but how are sales? Roughly how many copies of WolfQuest 2.7 have been sold so far?

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 am

loboLoco wrote:(Episode 4, anyone?)
While clearly the new codebase for WQ 3 and the release of the Tower Fall DLC is in current priority, I... Can't help but remember after all this time (Countless times of "Beating" Wolf Quest) that it said once your current litter was old enough... They'd eventually help raise the next litter, before they'd be old enough to leave on their own quest for a mate... Part of me wonders if an episode 4 (Or far distant future, number 5? Idk, maybe too far right now. x'D) could have those slightly older teen wolves (More like 16-19 year olds Vs. those 12-14 year olds if looking at this like human teens lol...) helping out your next litter. A pack of 3+ - 6+ (Depending how many pups of the first litter survived) bringing in those new additions before the young wolves strike their wolf "21st" birthday (Or something like that) at realistically two years old and ditch. xD

Urgh- if anyone got confused I basically compared the wolves "3 and a half month old pup" to something like a humans 12-14 year old. Then said something like a "1 year old wolf" could be like a humans 16-19 year old. Trust me, if our wolves were that old they'd already be elders/dead, sorry for the confusion. x'D COMPARING to human ages, not... Actual ages. ;3;

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”