Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: paperpaws, Koa

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12758
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 am

xX_WillowWisp_Xx wrote:Wow looks amazing, so excited and am keeping up with all the news,
any idea on what the graphics requirements might be? because i am getting a new laptop soon and i want to make sure it will be able to run the best graphics quality with ease
thanks
The most accurate prediction of what the graphics requirements will come when the game is actually completed, most likely. Laptops are also tricky, because most run on integrated graphics and do not have a dedicated graphics card. If you're looking at buying a new laptop, I suggest you look at something with dedicated graphics (NVIDIA), to be safe. Also, check out this thread for ideas on what laptops best run the current version of WolfQuest- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77961
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.


xX_WillowWisp_Xx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 am
Name: Florence
Gender: Female

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by xX_WillowWisp_Xx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:51 am

Koa wrote:
xX_WillowWisp_Xx wrote:Wow looks amazing, so excited and am keeping up with all the news,
any idea on what the graphics requirements might be? because i am getting a new laptop soon and i want to make sure it will be able to run the best graphics quality with ease
thanks
The most accurate prediction of what the graphics requirements will come when the game is actually completed, most likely. Laptops are also tricky, because most run on integrated graphics and do not have a dedicated graphics card. If you're looking at buying a new laptop, I suggest you look at something with dedicated graphics (NVIDIA), to be safe. Also, check out this thread for ideas on what laptops best run the current version of WolfQuest- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77961
Thanks so much, this really helped and early today we were actually looking at an acer aspire laptop, very similar to the one suggested on that link! Looking forward to more teaser videos for the upcoming update,
thanks again

User avatar
wolverine18
Pup
Pup
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by wolverine18 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Are there any pictures or videos of the new version? and if there is, where are they located? Super exited for Tower Fall!! :lol:

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12758
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:39 pm

xX_WillowWisp_Xx wrote:
Koa wrote:
xX_WillowWisp_Xx wrote:Wow looks amazing, so excited and am keeping up with all the news,
any idea on what the graphics requirements might be? because i am getting a new laptop soon and i want to make sure it will be able to run the best graphics quality with ease
thanks
The most accurate prediction of what the graphics requirements will come when the game is actually completed, most likely. Laptops are also tricky, because most run on integrated graphics and do not have a dedicated graphics card. If you're looking at buying a new laptop, I suggest you look at something with dedicated graphics (NVIDIA), to be safe. Also, check out this thread for ideas on what laptops best run the current version of WolfQuest- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77961
Thanks so much, this really helped and early today we were actually looking at an acer aspire laptop, very similar to the one suggested on that link! Looking forward to more teaser videos for the upcoming update,
thanks again
Welcome.
wolverine18 wrote:Are there any pictures or videos of the new version? and if there is, where are they located? Super exited for Tower Fall!! :lol:
In most of the first posts on the threads in this forum.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83120
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83027
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82863
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83096
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82877
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83067
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82880
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82905

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDaCaG ... GRU6W--jDA
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.


User avatar
ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm
Name: FionaFox
Gender: Female
Location: United States

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by ValorWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi there! I'm no stranger to WolfQuest but I did just recently join the forums today! I'm very excited for the new updates coming to this wonderful game I grew up with and I'm happy to get to know the community on here. I think I'll probably checking in regularly for now to keep up on future updates and new features coming to WolfQuest! I just can't believe it's been TEN years already!? Keep up the good work devs! :wolf:

Kekefangdan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by Kekefangdan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Dave will this be free for the ones who have WQ 2.7??

User avatar
Weylenn
Pup
Pup
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by Weylenn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Kekefangdan wrote:Dave will this be free for the ones who have WQ 2.7??
Yes, but it will arrive later if I'm not mistaken!

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by roguemoon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Kekefangdan wrote:Dave will this be free for the ones who have WQ 2.7??

The anniversary update is free, but the new Tower Fall episode will not be. Probably around $6-$8 if I remember right.

Angel10177
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by Angel10177 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Will it be free to the people who bought the game on steam?

User avatar
Neamara
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 5561
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: No Hope
Contact:

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by Neamara » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 pm

@Angel10177: No, Episode 3: Tower Fall is set to be paid DLC-
loboLoco wrote:Will I have to pay to get it?

Yes. Tower Fall will be quite a large expansion of the game, and so we need to charge for it. Currently we imagine the cost will be perhaps $6-$8 though the final cost will be based on the scope and depth of the episode.


Why can't it be free?

We're putting a great deal of work into Tower Fall: creating an entirely new codebase for more exciting and robust gameplay, creating new animals, new missions, and new multiplayer modes. The money to pay the artists, designers, and software developers has to come from somewhere. We've been gratified by players' willingness to pay for WQ 2.7 and believe that the new episode will be well worth the cost.
Source: FAQs about the Tower Fall expansion

The anniversary edition will be released as a free update for all existing 2.7 players (and future customers). :)

User avatar
PeanutJam
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:04 pm
Name: Ember
Gender: Female
Location: At home.

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by PeanutJam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 am

Wow! This already looks great, wow I seriously cant wait now, can the year just hurry up and move on? I need my WolfQuest!!! :x

Luna Silverwolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by Luna Silverwolf » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 pm

I can't wait!! Wolf Quest is amazing and I was waiting for this moments months ago!!! Thank you, Wolf Quest! :D

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:40 am

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:13 pm

On top of the stuff for Tower Fall and the new multiplayer stuff, will you guys also be including anything for Lost River? It is a nice place, but rather...basic. You can hunt and challenge wolves and find a mate, but other than that nothing much else. Will Lost River be connected to Slough Creek? In which the two wolves decide to return to the safety of Yellowstone in order to rear their pups.

But can we get a little bit of clues to what happened at Lost River? I think many people are still curious.

User avatar
Lunar Spectrum
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:53 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by Lunar Spectrum » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Eeeeek! The hype is real!

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Post by roguemoon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 am

SimplyGreenflower wrote:On top of the stuff for Tower Fall and the new multiplayer stuff, will you guys also be including anything for Lost River? It is a nice place, but rather...basic. You can hunt and challenge wolves and find a mate, but other than that nothing much else. Will Lost River be connected to Slough Creek? In which the two wolves decide to return to the safety of Yellowstone in order to rear their pups.

But can we get a little bit of clues to what happened at Lost River? I think many people are still curious.

As far as I know Lost River won't be updated in the new episode, it will still be included however. Dave said that perhaps in the future some changes will be made to LR, but it's not priority right now.

The team said a while back that there isn't really a definitive answer as to what happened in Lost River, it's meant to be vague and mysterious and allow players to come up with their own theories as to what happened.

Post Reply

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”