Release date

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Release date

Post by Kitsuma » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:31 am

I might have missed it somewhere, but is the game being released on computer first and then tablet? I know the tablet was what the game makers wanted, but I noticed on the poll most people want it on the computer. I just wasn't sure if plans changed. If they haven't, then that just means more waiting, as I need it on the computer anyway.

Take your time with the bugs. I'd really like to be able to use the Slough Creek den.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 am

@Kitsuma: Yup, the computer versions will launch before the tablet version(s).
loboLoco wrote:I posted in another topic that "With luck, we may release the game in two weeks." I should clarify something. Seeing how the large majority of players want to get the desktop (Mac/Win) version, and since the tablet version requires a bit additional optimization, plus the one-week review time for Apple's App Store...we're going to release the desktop version as soon as it's ready, and then get the tablet version submitted for review, so that will be released about 10 days later, roughly. Sorry about that, tablet players, but we decided there was no good reason to hold up the desktop release due to those tablet-only factors.
Source: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:33 pm

I had a very nice vacation, thanks for all of your well-wishes. While I was gone, my Unity developer Tommi cranked through a lot of bugs and polishes...while the beta testers found a few more bugs. But now we are almost done with the list. Then we'll do one final (I hope!) build for beta testers and give them a few days with it. Then after making final tweaks/fixes, we'll be ready to prepare the game for release. Unfortunately, that does push the release into next week. Sorry! But we really are close now. I don't know when next week, and even with my hopeless optimism, I'd be foolish to say early in the week. But I don't see anything that would stop us from releasing it by the end of next week.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

hummingkitten12
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by hummingkitten12 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:50 pm

loboLoco wrote:I had a very nice vacation, thanks for all of your well-wishes. While I was gone, my Unity developer Tommi cranked through a lot of bugs and polishes...while the beta testers found a few more bugs. But now we are almost done with the list. Then we'll do one final (I hope!) build for beta testers and give them a few days with it. Then after making final tweaks/fixes, we'll be ready to prepare the game for release. Unfortunately, that does push the release into next week. Sorry! But we really are close now. I don't know when next week, and even with my hopeless optimism, I'd be foolish to say early in the week. But I don't see anything that would stop us from releasing it by the end of next week.
I do hope it's released early in the week, but, at the same time, I want there to be as little bugs as possible. Either way, so excited for this game! :3

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:53 pm

loboLoco wrote:I had a very nice vacation, thanks for all of your well-wishes. While I was gone, my Unity developer Tommi cranked through a lot of bugs and polishes...while the beta testers found a few more bugs. But now we are almost done with the list. Then we'll do one final (I hope!) build for beta testers and give them a few days with it. Then after making final tweaks/fixes, we'll be ready to prepare the game for release. Unfortunately, that does push the release into next week. Sorry! But we really are close now. I don't know when next week, and even with my hopeless optimism, I'd be foolish to say early in the week. But I don't see anything that would stop us from releasing it by the end of next week.
Glad you had a great vacation, take as much time as you need, I want the game to be very enjoyable and bug free when it comes out!
Last edited by SilkenGalaxy on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalaber
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kalaber » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:23 am

i am super excited for this I loved wolf quest!

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am

Great you had a good vacation, Dave!
And you guys take as much time as you need! Of course we are all excited to see and play it, but a game isn't made in only a week or so. c;

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:50 am

It's nice to see all the bugs are pretty much squashed, I'm hoping there aren't gonna be game breaking bugs that hop out of the blues. Best of luck to you guys.

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:58 pm

Just a quick question, and I know this probably isn't going to happen, but I have an idea...

For those of us who cannot afford to buy the game, could there possibly be some kind of competition on the forum to give a few lucky users a chance to get the game for free?

I'm sorry if this is wrong of me to ask, but I really love this game... I just can't afford it right now....

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 pm

I know there have been giveaways in the past; wolf567 hosted a mood necklace competition for during the festive season, for example... it would be nice to do this for those who can't purchase the full game. Forwarded to the mod forum for discussion. :)

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:07 am

Lilly Shane wrote:Just a quick question, and I know this probably isn't going to happen, but I have an idea...

For those of us who cannot afford to buy the game, could there possibly be some kind of competition on the forum to give a few lucky users a chance to get the game for free?

I'm sorry if this is wrong of me to ask, but I really love this game... I just can't afford it right now....
That's actually a great idea! Maybe we could have a monthly contest for a free copy of the game (something on the forums, like UotM).

Anarctica

Post by Anarctica » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Really sorry about my uncertainty but, I didn't stay longer involved when the new version is going to be finally published.
I just ask now pretty quickly and simply the whether the version coming possibly when it is predicted ( in this month ), or weeks later?
Last edited by Anarctica on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Anarctica wrote:Really sorry about my uncertainty but, I didn't stay longer involved when the new version is going to be finally published.
I just ask now pretty quickly and simply the whether the version coming possibly when it is predicted ( in this month ), or weeks later?
Dave recently made a post regarding the release of the game and stated that the current estimation is next week, so it won't be coming out in October but hopefully very soon!;
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 0#p2415764

I hope this helps!

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Don't stress yourself. Everyone deserves a break.
On a side note, if you do, don't feel bad about charging. You deserve a living, to be rewarded for your work ^_^

Also, kudos to the bug squashes! SQUASH THEM BUGS

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:57 pm

I can't wait for the release of the new version! :D

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”