New version: Pictures and more

Post the links to your favorite WolfQuest screenshots and videos here.

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Re: New version: Pictures and more

Post by Jeames » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:58 am

The end of September is great! You did an amazing job making the new version so fast already, and I'm sure it will be awesome! You can do it, WolfQuest team! <3
Oh gosh, so excited~

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 am

Aww...And there is no way i could purchase the game with our Polish currency? You have so many fans out there,but most of them can't afford dolar buys.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:40 am

Shadziulec wrote:Aww...And there is no way i could purchase the game with our Polish currency? You have so many fans out there,but most of them can't afford dolar buys.
I am unsure, but you were given a good answer awhile ago regarding currencies.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... h#p2380855

I suppose it depends on the vendor. We don't really know the vendors exactly, right now.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 am

Will there be actual wolves in the slough creek map territories this time? will the wolves also move around like most of the AI's and pose a threat in the journey? and what will there be another more in-depth teaser trailer for the new game and gameplay?
Last edited by Wolvencall on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:19 am

Wolvencall wrote:Will there be actual wolves in the slough creek map territories this time? will the wolves also move around like most of the AI's and pose a threat in the journey? and what will there be another more in-depth teaser trailer for the new game and gameplay?
Wolves were supposed to be able to move around and fight your wolf in Slough Creek (as shown in the trailer), but I believe this had to be removed for various reasons. Can't find the removal post, but here is the other one.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... ek#p943974

So, I don't think that will happen in this version; I could be wrong.

You should be able to currently find wolves in territories in Slough Creek -- just after certain missions.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... k#p2379887

Regarding the trailer, it is up to Dave.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:26 am

Koa wrote:
Wolvencall wrote:Will there be actual wolves in the slough creek map territories this time? will the wolves also move around like most of the AI's and pose a threat in the journey? and what will there be another more in-depth teaser trailer for the new game and gameplay?
Wolves were supposed to be able to move around and fight your wolf in Slough Creek (as shown in the trailer), but I believe this had to be removed for various reasons. Can't find the removal post, but here is the other one.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... ek#p943974

So, I don't think that will happen in this version; I could be wrong.

You should be able to currently find wolves in territories in Slough Creek -- just after certain missions.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... k#p2379887

Regarding the trailer, it is up to Dave.
Thanks for the information Koa, i really hope we'll at least eventually be able to have the wolves fighting that would be a fun addition. And would it ever be possible with enough sales to add Bison or elk calves?

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

loboLoco wrote:
So here's the situation: We are basically finished with the game levels, except for new tweaks or bugs that we find in testing. But we still have to finish building the user account system, the in-game purchase stuff, and a couple of related things. I'm hoping that all that will go smoothly over the next two weeks, but that is probably a bit optimistic. Then, once we're done with all that, we need to do another round of final testing and tuning, and then publish the various builds for different platforms, and submit it to the app stores...and Apple's store usually takes 7-10 days to review an app before it can be released. So I think all that is feasible before the end of September, but it won't be much sooner than that.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Dave. I'm sure that made everyone happy. The time waiting for 2.7 is probably going to go relatively quickly for some due to classes and whatnot. Other than that, take your time fixing what needs to be finished.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:58 am

Koa wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:Aww...And there is no way i could purchase the game with our Polish currency? You have so many fans out there,but most of them can't afford dolar buys.

I suppose it depends on the vendor. We don't really know the vendors exactly, right now.
I would like to add on to this that I do know PayPal automatically converts currency for you. I don't know if the same goes for other means of payment (such as creditcard), but I'm assuming because these will be digital transactions your payment would be converted for you and thus there wouldn't be any need to purchase dollars first.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:23 am

Anduril wrote:
Koa wrote:

I would like to add on to this that I do know PayPal automatically converts currency for you. I don't know if the same goes for other means of payment (such as creditcard), but I'm assuming because these will be digital transactions your payment would be converted for you and thus there wouldn't be any need to purchase dollars first.
I *think* this is correct, but can't give a solid answer until we finalize some things with the storefront approach.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:56 am

The hilltop map looks great! Marvellous job!

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup
Name: Scruff

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:42 pm

from what i gathered, the app COULD release around the end of september/ early october... it'd be a late birthday present for those born in the month of september or a super early christmas/birthday present for others. It's nice to know that the general game itself has been remade quickly and that the last thing left is just fixing bugs and (cheats that weren't meant to be cheats) i know for a fact that there will be youtube videos on this new n inproved game for possibly months since the new map will bring lots of exploration and tiny easter eggs the gaming devs put into it (Like slough creek for instance and the moon tree)

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:46 pm

thelostwolf12345 wrote: the general game itself has been remade quickly
haha! hahaha!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm

loboLoco wrote:
haha! hahaha!
you alright there?

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:51 pm

loboLoco wrote:
haha! hahaha!
Oh wow that reaction cracked me up. xD
I dunno what just happened, though.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Is twenty months an accurate representation of the development time for this version? I think you said eighteen months somewhere but I don't remember when that was.m

Return to “WolfQuest Screenshots & Videos”