WolfQuest developed by
MN Zoo logo
Eduweb logo
Content support by
International Wolf Center logo
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Koa » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:27 am

darkcanine wrote:It didn't auto-update for me. I got it on itch.io. Is there a way to get the update from the website?


Have you tried re-downloading the game from itch.io? WolfQuest itself will not have downloads of 2.7.2 on-site, if that's what you meant.

There are instructions here for re-downloading the game from itch.io with or without account.
User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 23262
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: the crypts
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Jeames » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:11 am

Haha I love the new updates so far! I keep getting scared by the birds in the bushes when I run past and they fly out. xD
I still haven't found the LR secret yet... I'm trying my best...
User avatar
Jeames
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6684
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Netherlands
Name: Jeames, Jea
Gender: Other

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby loboLoco » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:38 am

Koa wrote:
darkcanine wrote:It didn't auto-update for me. I got it on itch.io. Is there a way to get the update from the website?


Have you tried re-downloading the game from itch.io? WolfQuest itself will not have downloads of 2.7.2 on-site, if that's what you meant.

There are instructions here for re-downloading the game from itch.io with or without account.


Also try clicking the big circling-arrows button on the launcher to force it to update.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Hijo de la Luna » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:56 am

I think I might've found the LR secret.. but I'm going to keep it to myself. :o
User avatar
Hijo de la Luna
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:32 am
Location: Southeast Coast
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:20 am

Woo! It's here! I'm excited to check out the update!
User avatar
SilkenGalaxy
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am
Location: United States
Name: Alex/Silk/Gally
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Phasoli » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:26 am

I have nothing but positive reviews for this update. It's not only the new animals alone that have me captivated by the effectiveness of WolfQuest's much livelier forest, but the ambient birds, bugs, and sounds themselves. Aside from the varying visuals, which are simply outstanding with shadows, the sounds of the birds really bring the forest to life based on location. To shut off all music and simply roam about in the woods has never been so magical! It makes me want to get out and hike!
User avatar
Phasoli
Yearling
Yearling
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:23 pm
Location: In the field, next to the radishes, conversing with the beans.
Name: Call me Tsuri!
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby SolitaryHowl » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:00 am

Tsuri wrote:I have nothing but positive reviews for this update. It's not only the new animals alone that have me captivated by the effectiveness of WolfQuest's much livelier forest, but the ambient birds, bugs, and sounds themselves. Aside from the varying visuals, which are simply outstanding with shadows, the sounds of the birds really bring the forest to life based on location. To shut off all music and simply roam about in the woods has never been so magical! It makes me want to get out and hike!


Thanks for the positive feedback! Yes, even the increased vegetation and accurate birdsong alone improves the quality of the game by a lot, IMO! And plus they added cougars and foxes on top of that!

I'm glad you're loving it so far, enjoy 2.7.2! :)
User avatar
SolitaryHowl
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10611
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Shadziulec » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:52 am

Awesome updates!
I saw someone posting of FB page a cat screenshot in LR :D Awesome!
User avatar
Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:49 am
Location: Poland
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Oolimoomoo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I launched the game and played for a bit on multiplayer, but then I instantly had a TON of lag, all my graphic settings are turned down to the lowest setting though and 60fps is on. I really really like this game and it made me sad that I couldn't play it because of the lag. The game stopped lagging when there were only 3 people in the server though. Any more than that and I got 2fps. I also don't really like how big the Emote panel and chat box/text got, is there a way to change it? And is there a solution to the lag problems? Thank you for making this awesome game devs! ^-^
LATER:
I restarted my computer and started up wolf quest again, and the lag wasn't there anymore. It still lagged a little when there were a lot of people in the server though. The elk were extremely laggy and would just stand there while we attacked them, and before we could kill them they'd run off and disappear. This was happening to everyone too.
User avatar
Oolimoomoo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:32 pm
Location: Texas
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Koa » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Oolimoomoo wrote:I launched the game and played for a bit on multiplayer, but then I instantly had a TON of lag, all my graphic settings are turned down to the lowest setting though and 60fps is on. I really really like this game and it made me sad that I couldn't play it because of the lag. The game stopped lagging when there were only 3 people in the server though. Any more than that and I got 2fps. I also don't really like how big the Emote panel and chat box/text got, is there a way to change it? And is there a solution to the lag problems? Thank you for making this awesome game devs! ^-^
LATER:
I restarted my computer and started up wolf quest again, and the lag wasn't there anymore. It still lagged a little when there were a lot of people in the server though. The elk were extremely laggy and would just stand there while we attacked them, and before we could kill them they'd run off and disappear. This was happening to everyone too.


If you are having issues with the game that warrant troubleshooting, please post in Tips, Hints, and Help.
User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 23262
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: the crypts
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:03 pm

This is so awesome I can't wait for the game to come out for iPads! My computer broke a few months ago so I currently can't play. But from what I've seen it looks incredible, wolf quest sure as evolved over the years! :wolf:
User avatar
Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:14 am
Location: North American
Name: Arik
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Jeames » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:56 am

Hijo de la Luna wrote:I think I might've found the LR secret.. but I'm going to keep it to myself. :o


Would you like to PM me? I like spoilers. c;
(I've been searching for the secret for hours on end, I haven't gotten any further, lol)

Every time I load up the game I squeal at the pretty vegetation, especially in Slough Creek. Amethyst Mountain finally gave me that ''forest'' feel it should have even though the trees are still quite far apart. 8D
User avatar
Jeames
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6684
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Netherlands
Name: Jeames, Jea
Gender: Other

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby -FireBreaker- » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:34 am

I really like this update. I really love how there's more animals, vegetation, birds, bugs and just the sounds themselves are awesome. I just like to shut off all the music and just roam around in the woods.
User avatar
-FireBreaker-
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Nahh
Name: Fire
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby wolfluvforever » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:48 am

-screaming- yEEESSS IT'S FINALLY OUT! I can't wait to play it! This is AWESOME! Thanks!
User avatar
wolfluvforever
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 pm
Location: In your kitchen, stealing your food.
Name: AmytheAlpha
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Postby Koa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:05 am

wolfluvforever wrote:-screaming- yEEESSS IT'S FINALLY OUT! I can't wait to play it! This is AWESOME! Thanks!


For future reference, certain actions/emotes can be considered roleplay; roleplay must remain inside this thread.
•Roleplaying in the forums (posting as if you were someone/thing other than whom you really are, or doing something you couldn't really do, i.e.- *hugs WQ Coordinator* or -perks ears-),

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20100
User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 23262
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: the crypts
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest News and Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



WolfQuest

Tech Support  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use and Privacy Policy  |  Abuse Reports

© 2005- Minnesota Zoo & Eduweb