New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Post by Shadziulec » Thu May 14, 2015 12:01 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Nordue wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:Will this PC improved version be avaible in other country values? Like Polish zlotych? If not,that's ok,i think i could tell my parents and they would help me with swapping zlotych to euro or dollars ( we didn't do this before but oh well )

I'll be looking at the usual suspects -- Steam, GOG, Desura, and Amazon. If any of those are better for those of you outside the United States, please note that in this forum.
I didn't ever use Steam but i heard it's safe.I think it could do just fine :)

EDIT: One more thing,is it going to be for Windows XP as it was before? I'm still sticking to this platform and some games stopped letting me play,and what's frustrating the admin told to "simply buy newer platform"...Well,if that would be that easy...

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat May 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Shadziulec wrote:EDIT: One more thing,is it going to be for Windows XP as it was before? I'm still sticking to this platform and some games stopped letting me play,and what's frustrating the admin told to "simply buy newer platform"...Well,if that would be that easy...
Yes, it should.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat May 16, 2015 5:19 pm

And for distribution: I am very inclined to put it on Amazon, so glad to hear that's a good option for at least some of you. I think I'll look closer at GOG next. Steam would certainly put it out there for a larger audience, but it's also a bit intimidating. Worth looking into, though.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Duzell26
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Duzell26 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:16 am

i am so exited for this! :-)
I thought that the game never would be updated, and to read that there might be a 3rd episode in the future!? Aaaaaargh, yes yes yes :-D

Crystall The Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Crystall The Wolf » Tue May 19, 2015 3:02 pm

I cannot wait for it come out on Windows ill get it the moment i see its out Im sooooo excited XD
Thx for the awesome update Dave ^^

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue May 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Man haven't posted something in ages, anywho this is some awesome news! Can't wait for the release!:)

melvinjames
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by melvinjames » Tue May 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Hmm I have a question do you know exactly when you think it will be done like month wise??

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed May 20, 2015 1:21 am

The current release estimate is July or August. There is no current/guaranteed release date as of yet.
loboLoco wrote:
chloe the shy wolf wrote:when will this come out???
We're definitely in the final stretch now (only 59 items on our to-do list! Though I know we'll add more as we focus more on bug fixing). So July looks...plausible, and if not July then August is quite likely. That's for iPad. Android tablets should be same or very soon afterwards. And Mac/Win one or two months after that.
Source: New Version: Pictures and more

-River Ripple-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Voyaging To The Bottom Of The Sea and getting Lost In Space! (Watch more Iwin Allen shows!)

Post by -River Ripple- » Wed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

Are we going to have to pay for the new computer version???

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 am

loboLoco wrote:And for distribution: I am very inclined to put it on Amazon, so glad to hear that's a good option for at least some of you. I think I'll look closer at GOG next. Steam would certainly put it out there for a larger audience, but it's also a bit intimidating. Worth looking into, though.
Oh man, I'd absolutely love it if we could manage to get it greenlit on Steam. ;-; Shelter/Shelter 2 got a pretty nice reception, and it definitely has similarities to WQ, so worth a shot despite the intimidating community!

This all is pretty exciting news :)
topbeta wrote:Are we going to have to pay for the new computer version???
To answer your question-
loboLoco wrote:Pricing for the Mac/Windows version will be roughly comparable to the tablet version, though exactly how that pricing will be structured (fremium+IAP, or paid) is yet to be determined.

Scarlet Kilometers
Pup
Pup

Post by Scarlet Kilometers » Wed May 20, 2015 1:58 pm

This is seriously exciting! I'm really looking forward to a Steam port (possibly) becoming a thing

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Excellent news! I'll have to go and read the other threads about it. I've been away too long; I knew there was going to BE a tablet version, but that was all. I'm looking forward to seeing some new life breathed into this game, and I'd love to see the return of the newsletter too (if nothing else, just to announce it, when it's closer). Is there going to be a beta test like the previous versions of the game? I'm willing to do that again, of course. :)

adrianahackl1245
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by adrianahackl1245 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:35 pm

So there isn't going to be multiplayer for computers anymore that stinks.? :?: :(

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun May 24, 2015 12:00 am

To clarify--
loboLoco wrote:The original free version of the game will remain available, but some or all multiplayer modes will be disabled by then, if not sooner.
This sentence is referring to multiplayer in version 2.5.1 and will only affect the existing lexicon chat mode; phrased and disabled modes will remain available in the soon-to-be-outdated version after lexicon has been unplugged. I'd guess that you will probably get a permanent "the online lexicon is unavailable" error after it has been shut off.

The team have actually been working on some improvements to multiplayer mode, so rest assured that MP is not being removed. Keep your eyes peeled for further information in this forum as development continues! :)
loboLoco wrote:Multiplayer:
  • Multiplayer switched to Photon back-end for more robust MP sessions.
    Private games have voice chat and text chat (filtered only through naughty words list)
    (Note: iPad 2/Mini will be restricted to two players. Newer tablets, and Mac/Windows version, will support up to 5 players.)
Source: New features!

SilverWolf08
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SilverWolf08 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Sounds great! What kind of updates are there going to be?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”