WolfQuest Newsletter- October, 2010

Archived news, updates and announcements.
animalname
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest Newsletter- October, 2010

Post by animalname » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm

:D :lol: :D I still can't wait for the new wolfquest to come out and thanks for the answer SilverHybrid! :D

Wolff Jaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolff Jaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:38 pm

The new game is getting closer, closer, and closer! Eek! I can't wait any longer! lol :shock:

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 am

Wow, I want the shirt for Christmas!I might just donate some cash, I know you guys need it really badly and if it means we get a better game, I'm all for making a dent in my horse savings.Please keep us updated and TAKE A BREAK FOR CHRISTMAS.It'll stink if you guys are thinking about the option of faster running on Christmas day.Besides that, good luck!And when's the next newsletter?It's December... :roll:
OH and I almost forgot, I was confused about the weather and time.I would guess that if it's nighttime and we still have our beloved pups, then wouldn't they be sleeping?And how could they be safe in a blizzard?I was just a bit confused about that.

portia
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by portia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:32 am

ZippyWizard wrote:OH and I almost forgot, I was confused about the weather and time.I would guess that if it's nighttime and we still have our beloved pups, then wouldn't they be sleeping?And how could they be safe in a blizzard?I was just a bit confused about that.
Well, wolves don't necissarily sleep at night like we do, as far as I know they don't have set petterns for when they are awake or asleep but rather work them around when they hunt (which is usually at dawn or dusk) etc. so they may not be sleeping at night; besides, unlike us, they have excellent night vision so they may as well make use of it x3
Also, wolves are built for being in the wild and thus have thick, waterproof, double-coats that protect them from the elements so if they are healthy they are perfectly able to survive a snowstorm. If you mean the pups, in the wild (at least in Yellowstone National Park) they would not be subject to a snowstorm at a young age as they are born in late spring, long after the snow has melted, and wouldn't experience one until they were almost as grown as an adult with fully formed pelts.
Hope that clears up your confusion =)

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:52 am

portia wrote:
ZippyWizard wrote:OH and I almost forgot, I was confused about the weather and time.I would guess that if it's nighttime and we still have our beloved pups, then wouldn't they be sleeping?And how could they be safe in a blizzard?I was just a bit confused about that.
Well, wolves don't necissarily sleep at night like we do, as far as I know they don't have set petterns for when they are awake or asleep but rather work them around when they hunt (which is usually at dawn or dusk) etc. so they may not be sleeping at night; besides, unlike us, they have excellent night vision so they may as well make use of it x3
Also, wolves are built for being in the wild and thus have thick, waterproof, double-coats that protect them from the elements so if they are healthy they are perfectly able to survive a snowstorm. If you mean the pups, in the wild (at least in Yellowstone National Park) they would not be subject to a snowstorm at a young age as they are born in late spring, long after the snow has melted, and wouldn't experience one until they were almost as grown as an adult with fully formed pelts.
Hope that clears up your confusion =)
I thought wolves took longer than 5-8 months(time from late spring to early winter) to have fully formed pelts and be almost the height of their parents....Could you provide a internet source that proves what your post says?

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 am

I'll look it up.The internet is telling me:
" During late spring, early summer and autumn, wolves tend to be active at dusk and night, returning to their dens at sunrise.During winter months they tend to be active during the day and night."
Well, that answers my question and pretty much clears the whole night-missions thing, so we can get more of them and get more OUT OF them..

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:52 am

deedeedragonwolf wrote:Maybe for christmas we might get some screenies. ;) Hehe. Actully, I doubt that but still. A girl can hope. :) I hope all goes well, And maybe if we're lucky (And on Santa's good list) we'll get some screenies as soon as possible. :) Can't wait!
*Innocent look* Aren't we all on his good list for screenies?

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:58 am

really thankful to you for posting this up, Cana! :D

~Jeames~

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 am

Just wanted to post that we're working on finalizing the date for the next Live Wolf Q&A. Once that's finalized, we'll work on and send out the next WolfQuest Newsletter. I'd estimate that it'd be e-mailed and posted sometime in early-mid January and yes, I do plan on including a couple screenshots.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Kodex

Post by Howleen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:40 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:Just wanted to post that we're working on finalizing the date for the next Live Wolf Q&A. Once that's finalized, we'll work on and send out the next WolfQuest Newsletter. I'd estimate that it'd be e-mailed and posted sometime in early-mid January and yes, I do plan on including a couple screenshots.
Yay! Good to hear! Thanks for telling. I can't wait to see some screenshots. ^_^

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:02 am

Sounds great Cana! I look forward to the Live Wolf Q&A as well as the screenshots and the next WolfQuest Newsletter. =)

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:Just wanted to post that we're working on finalizing the date for the next Live Wolf Q&A. Once that's finalized, we'll work on and send out the next WolfQuest Newsletter. I'd estimate that it'd be e-mailed and posted sometime in early-mid January and yes, I do plan on including a couple screenshots.
That sounds great Cana! I'm excited to see the next newsletter, and see when the next Live Wolf Q&A date is. ^^ The screenshots sound interesting aswell.
Thanks for the update.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:58 am

All of that sounds great to me, Cana! Thank you for posting those details! Looking forward in knowing when the Live Wolf Q&A is, and those screenshots shall be interesting, I'm sure :3

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:15 pm

YAY, SCREENIEZ!!!!! I LOVE SCREENIEZ!!!!
:shock: Are you going to put in forest fires? I've secretly wanted (No, seriously, ever since the demo was released) to outrun a forest fire! :twisted:
:shock: Is the game being tested yet?
~Frodo

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”